It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man detained and harassed at airport for carrying CASH!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Man detained and harassed at airport for carrying CASH!

www.prisonplanet.com

A man was detained by TSA in St. Louis for carrying cash. The man was traveling home following a Campaign For Liberty (Ron Paul) event. I thought the MIAC document was retracted?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Amazing!
Ahh gotta love your freedom in this country.

I doubt this was random,and how was this guy "suspicious"?
Profiling at its finest.

I guess he is lucky he was carrying his "papers".

What is exactly happening to this country?
So campaign for liberty = terrorist or drug dealer?

This guy did the right thing.
He seemed well educated and said the right things.
More and more people should stand up to these people.

Ugh!

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Black_Fox]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This is normal, it is procedure for the police to ask this, and this sort of question has been asked for a long time. All he had to do is tell them he got it from his job and he is travelling and prefers to pay in cash instead of with a credit card. Even the cop said it is not unusual for this, but it is procedure for them to do this.

He was taken to that room because he said the same thing to the cop who ask him first why did he have that much money on him. If he had said, he is travelling, and prefers to pay in cash, he would have been let go.

The cops are just trying to find out whether this guy has made any illegal deals to make that money. Although nobody would be stupid enough if they made the money illegally to say it was from an illegal transaction. However he can be arrested for not cooperating with the police.

This is nothing new. It is true that you should be able to have this much money without problems, however, if you don't awnser to the police how you got that money, you can be arrested for not cooperating.

When someone doesn't want to ask questions, to a police officer it means that person is trying to hide something.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
O.K.
I watched the video and listened to the commentary. First of all what you have here is to many cheifs. The TSA wanted the guy, the police wanted the guy. Problem 2 is that in my experiecne large amounts of cash can be indicative of criminal activity. The deteind passenger said "The cash was in a box." First of all, who in their right mind carries four thousand dollars in cash in their person or in a box? I think you have at least mere suspicion here. He could of reatained some type of bank check or travelers checks. I could the tell the law enforcement officers who were dealing with him were frustrated that he wouldn't answer the questions so they leaned on him a little to see if they could intimaidate him to get him to answer. Bottom line, "If you haven't done anything wrong, then you don't have anything to worry about!" ANSWER THE QUESTIONS! Most people will find that in dealing with law enforcement, cooperation goes a long way. This guy wanted to test the waters to see what would happen. Well he may have found out the hard way. I personally don't believe that law enforcement had much to hold him on, and if the guy would have just answered the questions he would have been on his way in seconds, but nooooo, instead he wanted to be a hard nose. Not a very good idea when dealing with regular government employee's. These TSA guys and the cops are just that, not secret agents, double agents, or moles just normal guys who have jobs to do and who want to do it without people giving them a hard time. STUPID MOVE!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yeah, normally drug dealers, and people who make money illegally get too nervous, and don't want to awnser questions, which gives suspicion of wrong doing.

About 4 years ago or so I was travelling by truck to a new job location. In my old job I would go to isolated places, and some dangeours places, so when i travelled by truck I had a baton with me, in my carry on luggage just in case. I happened to have received a call by my manager who told me they needed me to go to another assignment, and that he had bought a plane ticket for me, and all i had to do was leave the truck at the airport, someone else would pick it up, and to take the flight to the new location.

Well, I had forgotten that I had the baton because I had to hurry to catch the plane. The TSA found it of course, and they asked me questions about it. I awnsered the questions, and told them what happened, and why I had it in the bag. It was an honest mistake, but I was not arrested, and even had one of the TSA agents stop my checked in baggage, and go with me to put the baton in my checked in baggage. I was allowed to fly to my new assignment.

However, even if it was a mistake I had to pay a fine, and since then the TSA always checks my cheked in baggage, which it has gotten frustrating, but I understand why they are doing this.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

You're right for the most part. And when you had your encounter with the TSA you answered honestly and were on your way in not time. Guy's like this are to blinded by politics. Every time I buy a plane ticket at the last minute or with cash, I'm automatically singled out by the TSA for an extra cursory search with the metal detecting wand. Sometimes I get a little irritated with all the extra security, but when I think about what terrorists will do to kill us, then I change my mood. People don't have to fly, they can drive if they don't like the security. Personally I welcome it.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
There is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join