It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash can get you in trouble (better?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So the TSA will bust you now for cash, this is getting ridiculous

width="480" height="295"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/XMB6L487LHM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295">

hmm not sure why the embed didn't work, here's the link

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-4-2009 by dkman222]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
First of all, your thread title is misleading and incorrect.
Second of all, there are already 2 other threads about this. Please, contribute to one of them instead of starting a new thread.

Man detained and harassed at airport for carrying CASH!

Ron Paul Supporter Detained By TSA For Carrying Cash?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4N6310
First of all, your thread title is misleading and incorrect.
Second of all, there are already 2 other threads about this. Please, contribute to one of them instead of starting a new thread.

Man detained and harassed at airport for carrying CASH!

Ron Paul Supporter Detained By TSA For Carrying Cash?

Thanks.

how is it misleading, was this man not taken out of an airport to a police station for having cash? if you had a credit card with no limit would you have had the same problem? of course not.

so i have to disagree with you its not misleading, and as far as other people having posted it already, i did not see it when i posted it, so for that im sorry, and i hope your eyes will heal.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
also, in my town if your ever arrested (for anything) and have a thousand dollars or more(on you), your automatically accused of being a drug dealer and have to prove where the money came from (to prove its not from the sale of drugs). so yeah, careful while holding cash, its illegal now...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It is NOT illegal to hold cash.
...and this is NOT a one liner.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dkman222

It is misleading because firstly he wasn't arrested, so having cash isn't illegal.

Secondly, they took him aside because he was failing to cooperate.

I've been pulled aside before for a random bomb residue test, if I didn't cooperate I would expect the same treatment as he did, if not worse. But I did cooperate, because I have nothing to hide...and that's all he had to do, cooperate.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4N6310
It is NOT illegal to hold cash.
...and this is NOT a one liner.

ok so explain to me why they were giving this man such a hard time for having money, your saying that based off the fact that there is no actual law saying that cash is illegal, but hey there's not law saying you have to pay income tax, but i betcha you'll go to jail if you don't pay that... but wait its not a illegal... hmm...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

It is misleading because firstly he wasn't arrested, so having cash isn't illegal.

Secondly, they took him aside because he was failing to cooperate.

I've been pulled aside before for a random bomb residue test, if I didn't cooperate I would expect the same treatment as he did, if not worse. But I did cooperate, because I have nothing to hide...and that's all he had to do, cooperate.

wow just cooperate? this argument is pointless...
2nd verse same as the first.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dkman222
hmm not sure why the embed didn't work, here's the link

think that might be it

EDIT, or that

edit, dammit!

[edit on 2/4/2009 by Now_Then]

[edit on 2/4/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

The only pointless thing here is your argument that cash is illegal.

Just stop and think about it for a second..."Legal tender is illegal"
That's what you're saying, does that make sense?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Changing the title of the thread still doesn't change the fact that this topic is being discussed in two previous threads,
by the way.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This is getting to be the norm, questioned or taken in for having what the officer says is to much cash on you.
It has and is going on here in the Mid west.
Construction company worker stopped and while stopped the officer saw the envelope in his set with cash. The man was taken in and spent 4 hours at the station.
His boss had sent him for supplies for the site.
It took them a full day to get there money back. Now that is wrong and it tells me that as in some states they mark the money for drugs even if there where not around and then keep it.
Then you have to go to court and try to get your money back. This has been going on at the East coast for a few years and now it is spreading.
And I think as things get worse money wise this will become a bigger problem as City's States and county's look for ways to get more money.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
As mentioned, there is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join