It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Passes Obama's $3.5 Trillion Spending Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

House Passes Obama

www.washingtonpost.com

Congressional Democrats overwhelmingly embraced President Obama's ambitious and expensive agenda for the nation this evening, endorsing a $3.5 trillion spending plan that sets the stage for the president to pursue his most far-reaching priorities.

The House voted 233 to 196, along party lines, to approve a streamlined version of Obama's budget request that would trim his spending proposals for the fiscal year that begins in October and curtail his plans to cut taxes. But it would permit work to begin on the central issues of Obama's presidency: an expansion of health care coverage for the uninsured, more money for college loans and a cap-and-trade system
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com

[edit on 2-4-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
3.5 Trillion dollars has become pocket change for politicians

Hello Zimbabwe

Check out the more in-depth bloomberg report below in the additional news link section

thousands have become million
million have become billion
billion has become trillion
I dare not to say the next sentence

Maybe I can summarize it all by just saying "toilet paper"

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-4-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Why did this thread get no love... or "outrage" for that matter.

3.5 Trillion Dollars? Seriously? This is bigger news than the NWO's birthday, which was today... (4-2-2009)

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
China behind the scenes today said they were going to fund this package which is why it didnt pass till after we got the all clear from over at the G-20. Not sure how much longer China is going to fund this but Im guessing its going to come to an end soon. Even if they did continue the interest alone will soon smother us.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I am starting to feel that with each legislation Congress passes, it puts us one step closer to playing TAPS and laying our once great nation to rest.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Wow, you'd think the stuff grew on trees they way they spend spend spend.

What the hell is going on around here...I mean, I know inflation's a b...er...bummer n all, but what black hole swallowed all the other money and where's all this limitless money coming from and who's gonna pay it back and when?

I used to work for an ISP that was constantly treading water. Seemed like for whatever reason, the company always stayed afloat, but just barely and all most of the employees could think about was when the "next round of funding" would come through...like it was just being woven out of thin air.
Fact of the matter is that if your business isn't working, maybe it's not a good business in the first place.

Something's gotta give with all that's being taken.

Sadly, it's become evident that we'll all be footing this bill and it enrages my typically passive nature considering I never subscribed to whatever it is that is so damn expensive it needs monthly stimulus.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Before the USA can be absorbed into the global new world order it must first be completely bankrupt. Spending trillions that the USA does not have will get us there, and fast. Eventually the dollar will be so devalued and the US so deep in debt that people will gladly accept and spend global currency, when this first step is complete the beginning phase of a global monetary system and subsequent global governing body will take the lead, the USA and other nations sill simply become states in a global government.

Welcome to what is next.

new topics

top topics

join