It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 5 Scientific Experiments Most Likely To End The World.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
www.cracked.com...

Haha just had to add this article in here. Interesting yet extremely funny.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
MY GOD! I have not seen or heard of cracked in years! I used to get thier magaines when i was in my early teens!!!
This was an aweomse website yuo found, educational, blunt and to the point! and had me lauging
TERRIFIC FIND!! I would like to star and flag this,, but dont know how

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I check Cracked everyday (right after ATS in fact) and this was the article that brought me to the site (I think, it was a while ago).

Great read, especially for ATSers

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Great, five more things to add to the laundry list of apocolyptic scenarios. lol

I wonder if there are any nano bots already spying on me. ::cringes::

Nice sig, btw

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The Large G*ddamn Hadron F*cking Collider is gonna kill us all

Thank u :p that article made my day

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
MY GOD! I have not seen or heard of cracked in years! I used to get thier magaines when i was in my early teens!!!
This was an aweomse website yuo found, educational, blunt and to the point! and had me lauging
TERRIFIC FIND!! I would like to star and flag this,, but dont know how

My sentiments exactly. Cracked magazine made me the cynic that I am today. Excellent find. This site is bookmarked for me now.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Cracked definetly has some awesome articles. Ever since my buddy intrduced me to it I check it daily.

Thanks for the replies!

Ohhh that Hadron Colliderrrr.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Not to be a buzz kill but uhhh....The chances of the LHC actually destroying the Earth is more than the chances I have of winning the Powerball. So if your one of the scary people who think when they switch the LHC on a microscopic black hole will form and destroy the Earth, play a few lotto tickets. You might win, and whats even better is that you'll actually still be here the next year to buy an island in the south pacific and maybe we'll be a little closer to understanding our universe. Read the facts kiddies, don't be swayed by scientific skeptism and uneducated fear mongerers.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I really liked their Zombie end to the world article.

www.cracked.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copecetic
Not to be a buzz kill but uhhh....The chances of the LHC actually destroying the Earth is more than the chances I have of winning the Powerball. So if your one of the scary people who think when they switch the LHC on a microscopic black hole will form and destroy the Earth, play a few lotto tickets. You might win, and whats even better is that you'll actually still be here the next year to buy an island in the south pacific and maybe we'll be a little closer to understanding our universe. Read the facts kiddies, don't be swayed by scientific skeptism and uneducated fear mongerers.

Well if I had the chance to play the lottery a million times a second I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be very long till I won lets not forget they aren't just playing the odds once.

What people aren't taking into account is it all depends on how the universe actually works from what we think we know it may be a slim chance but if we are wrong about something the chance may be an absolute certainty.

Lets just hope large extra dimensions don't exist and black holes will be beyond our reach although who knows what other unknowns we will encounter.

I don't believe the LHC is a threat to anyone reading this but I do think it has the potential to significantly shorten the Earths life in such a scenario and in that regard is immoral and breaches the precautionary principle..

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Teknikal]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

I don't believe it poses any type of threat. The Fractional Reserve Banking system that our country has been a slave to since it's creation in my opinion is more dangerous to our society than the LHC will be. The central bankers that trully run our world governments & that are collapsing our world economy are, in my opinion, more dangerous to this Earth than any scientific invention besides nuclear war and a large anti-matter explosion. The discovery of extra dimensions & microscopic blackholes; anti-matter propulsion systems & anti-matter as an alternate form of energy; an alien species with advanced technology, all these things while seemingly scary at first look are actually blessings to our way of life when correctly governed with laws that hold the best interest of the evolution of human beings at their core. It's when corrupt polititions & greedy world leaders hell-bent on their own selfish agendas control our technological advances that people become scared and begin to question the technology itself, instead of questioning their "elected" figureheads.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Copecetic]

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Copecetic]

new topics

top topics

join