It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold to crash??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well just for the record it was April 3, 1933 that gold was ordered to be confiscated under FDR. That's tomorrow here, or today for many already. But the answer, of course, I think it took a 3% hit yesterday and if you just search for articles with "gold IMF" there are quite a few other articles on the topic.

Could they be looking forward to a gold revaluation?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by beaverg
Well just for the record it was April 3, 1933 that gold was ordered to be confiscated under FDR. That's tomorrow here, or today for many already. But the answer, of course, I think it took a 3% hit yesterday and if you just search for articles with "gold IMF" there are quite a few other articles on the topic.

Could they be looking forward to a gold revaluation?

Thanks for that. Good to see there are still some sharp peeps out there helping out all us dead heads.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
for those not familiar with it, heres what happened to gold during the last great depression...

The Gold Confiscation Of April 5, 1933
From: President of the United States Franklin Delano Roosevelt
To: The United States Congress
Dated: 5 April, 1933
Presidential Executive Order 6102
Forbidding the Hoarding of Gold Coin, Gold Bullion and Gold Certificates By virtue of the authority vested in me by Section 5(b) of the Act of October 6, 1917, as amended by Section 2 of the Act of March 9, 1933, entitled

An Act to provide relief in the existing national emergency in banking, and for other purposes~',

in which amendatory Act Congress declared that a serious emergency exists,

I, Franklin D. Roosevelt, President of the United States of America, do declare that said national emergency still continues to exist and pursuant to said section to do hereby prohibit the hoarding gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States by individuals, partnerships, associations and corporations

www.the-privateer.com...

the one thing we have as a safeguard to our wealth can be taken from us at any time.
thats why i hold gold and silver but most of my precious metals are in Lead

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Yes, gold is weak at its current price. It's been artificially propped up for quite some time.

Soon, I don't the exact date but I'd guess May 22, 2009, gold is gonna come down faster than the Dow last October.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn
Yes, gold is weak at its current price. It's been artificially propped up for quite some time.

Soon, I don't the exact date but I'd guess May 22, 2009, gold is gonna come down faster than the Dow last October.

What made you conclude that date? what is happening on the 22nd?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This is all part of the plan to wreak china.

They are trying to do the same thing they did to the Saudi oil sheiks back in the 1970s

www.marketwatch.com...[8C528CE8-0262-485D-ACEB-2247D18282CB]
www.fxstreet.com...
www.commodityonline.com...$93-billion-worth-of-gold-15578-3-1.html

All they have to do is get china on gold when its high and then pull the rug out.

This is the way countries are controlled.
This is how South Africa was controlled.

The dollar has been and will be the controlling trade exchange medium.

Letting the Chinese believe they can use gold for trade is the best way to control them.
www.gold-eagle.com...
www.bloomberg.com...

Yes gold will crash.
It is all planned.
Get out of Gold i did a year ago because gold had hit it tops for this cycle.

Now the controlling countries of the world will crash it to take there profits from countries like China and Russia

This is how the banks and corporations of the world run the world.

They bankrupt anyone that get in there way.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
there's several commercials running on many channels here in Canada

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by huckfinn

I have noticed you mention may 22nd several times are you some sort of terminator fanboy?

I hope gold comes down because then it will be time to buy. But I doubt that will happen. If anything it will skyrocket once the hyper inflation kicks in from all the spending and printing of cash.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by andrew123

The Chinese will end up with nearly all of it. Call it collateral. But I believe they will use it to bolster the value of their own currecy by withholding reserves so as to not allow the American sell off to saturate the market too much. This way they can print more cash and start affecting the dollar as a reserve currency.

Gotta love economic war-fare.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join