It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these really photos of "Inner Earth" taken by the ESSA satellites?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Perhaps belief in EU is accompanied by willingness to believe other things like hollow earth as discussed on this thread, flat earth as discussed in another recent thread, or geocentrism as discussed in yet another recent thread. It seems like all these theories are fueled by a common desire to believe anything (not necessarily everything, but anything) that goes against the basic foundations of scientific understanding. It would make for an interesting socialogical study. The "everything we believe in 500 years will be different" canard is the mantra, but the fact is that even the greeks hypothesized about the nature of the atom long before any serious effort could be made to detect it, and they correctly applied scientific thought to determine the shape of the earth to be spherical.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
reply to post by star in a jar

well, one could fabricate a story for any reason they want, but yes, making one up from way back when in that era seems a little less plausible...

i heard there was supposed to be a "Hollow Earth Expedition" last year, but it was cancelled...

www.voyagehollowearth.com...

also, is it true that satellites can't fly over the poles because there's no mass there to keep them in orbit?

The reason no polar orbiting satellites can fly over the polar opening is because there is no mass there to exert a gravitation acceleration towards the earth to keep them in orbit. ...the very first satellites put in polar orbit were lost because they had not taken into account the existence there of a polar opening into the earth's interior. Therefore, all subsequent polar orbiting satellites have had to be put in orbit so that they do not go over the polar opening.

www.ourhollowearth.com...

"Location and Size of the Polar Openings" (very interesting read!)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad461992807b.gif[/atsimg]

My friend Ivars recently sent me an image that a security guard snapped with his cell phone camera off a NORAD computer screen showing the flight paths of all the polar orbiting satellites. The interesting part of this image is that on the Russian side of the pole, there are no orbiting satellites between about 115 degrees E Lon and 155 degree E Lon. You can see North Land, Russia jutting out into the Arctic Ocean opposite the geographic pole. This is the strongest evidence I have seen that the polar opening is located on the Russian side of the pole.

this is getting rather interesting now...

[edit on 2-4-2009 by adrenochrome]

WOW, there is allot of propaganda on these forums!

Polar Orbits
Polar-orbiting satellites provide a more global view of Earth, circling at near-polar inclination (the angle between the equatorial plane and the satellite orbital plane -- a true polar orbit has an inclination of 90 degrees). Orbiting at an altitude of 700 to 800 km, these satellites cover best the parts of the world most difficult to cover in situ (on site). For example, McMurdo, Antartica, can be seen on 11-12 of the 14 daily NOAA polar-orbiter passes.
These satellites operate in a sun-synchronous orbit. The satellite passes the equator and each latitude at the same local solar time each day, meaning the satellite passes overhead at essentially the same solar time throughout all seasons of the year. This feature enables regular data collection at consistent times as well as long-term comparisons. The orbital plane of a sun-synchronous orbit must also rotate approximately one degree per day to keep pace with the Earth's surface.

The Terra/Aqua satellites are polar orbiting satellites. FAQ: How can there be more than one overpass in a single day?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The is no massive "hole" in the north and south poles,lol that is ridiculous(I am not going to post any sources cause many members have already done so)....That does not discount the "Hollow Earth" theory. Really that word as been construed by some IDIOTS who actually think the planet is hollow, in reality most of the people associated with it just think that there are massive caverns underneath the planet, possibly up to 10 miles deep--and YES it is possible (according to reports) that beings live there. I really hate whoever said that the Earth was hollow, it gives the true meaning of that phrase a bad name. And no, Admiral Bird had no reason to lie IMHO...

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Looks fake to me.
The military probebly having something their that they dont want us seeing, like a military...research...thingy-majig. Thats probebly why its blacked out.
I dont believe that the earth is hollow.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

what are you talking about of course there is a hole in the north pole its a landing hole for alien space craft so they can commune with hitler and his race off blonde haired blue eyed genetically enchanced super nazis biding ther time to launch an attack like none we can imagine with the aid of the illumnatti and other human helpers with death shall rain from the sky and the dark lord shall rise and you will call this lord lucifer and he will reign supreme for 6 cycles of the moon. this all come to me in a vision those i choose to save shall repopulate the earth although it will not be as we know it. message me if you wish to be saved if not prepre yourselfs the end is nigh. keep an eye on obama. lonestar15 out

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Maybe their is a hollow within the earth or even subterranean oceans. It is possible that some people have jumped on the hollow earth theory to sell some books. This does not mean it is still not possible that their is an inner hollow. It may just be massive open caverns within the earth which does not mean their cannot be a molten core as well. Also it does not have to be some massive opening at the poles. Their could be many massive spaces underneath the earth where life has evolved or even ancient civilizations have escaped to.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
mikesingh and ozweatherman explained it correctly way back on page 1 -- the center in those original pix is dark because it's night time there [note the dates]. The image is a composite of visible light strips over a full day's orbits. These pictures have been in pseudoscience magazines since the mid-1970s.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

the whole Earth in your pic is black all you see are the clouds do you have anything better perhaps while it is Day time so we can see the Earth Ice and water otherwise all you have shown us are clouds but ty

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

what's everyone else think??

The second link you provided gives the answer.

Just taking ESSA7 as an example,

The craft was placed in its planned Sun-synchronous 102-degree inclination retrograde orbit.

Or to put it another way, the spacecraft did NOT fly over the poles at any time, and didnt ever come closer than 12 degrees away from it.
Furthermore, this craft in low earth orbit, only shows what is directly below it, and so the caption in the images saying "This photograph was taken..." is simply not true. It is a COMPOSITE image, put together from a whole day or two of orbits. But of course cannot include any data from the poles because the satellite did not ever fly over it.

Same with ESSA3.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

My friend Ivars recently sent me an image that a security guard snapped with his cell phone camera off a NORAD computer screen showing the flight paths of all the polar orbiting satellites. The interesting part of this image is that on the Russian side of the pole, there are no orbiting satellites between about 115 degrees E Lon and 155 degree E Lon.

The description is false. Satellite orbits dont work the way the author thinks they do.
Satellites orbit in space, and the earth rotates underneath it.
Whoever wrote that seems to think that the satellites are somehow forced to orbit above certain parts of earth, and avoid other certain parts. Cant be done.

Imagine the moon.
It also orbits around the earth. It would not be possible to have it orbit around the earth EXCEPT for longitude 115 - 155 degrees east... which is a similar claim to the one made.

What the image actually shows is the orbit for ONE satellite mapped out over several hours.
This can be determined because ALL polar satellites do not have exactly the same orbital inclination, which is what is shown in the image. If it was indeed all polar satellites, then the degree to which they approach the pole would be all messy, some showing it coming to within 10 degrees of the pole, some showing approach to within 11 degrees of the pole, some showing it coming to within 12 degrees of the pole,some showing it coming to within 13 degrees of the pole, and so forth.
This is not seen.

It is one satellite, a forecast set of orbits, and not even a complete set at that.

You dont have to take my word for it. Get yourself a copy of a satellite program such as Orbitron, and see for yourself.

edit on 22-8-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Open your minds stubborn brutish men who hate, destroy and abhor peace. For ye shall die in ignorance if you can not see the truth.

I believe the words of Admiral Byrd to be true. This man of great integrity has given his entire life to exploration. In my humble opinion, I believe that he felt it his duty to relay to every human that has ever walked on this earth, a truth beyond imagination. He would not have left a lie as his legacy.

The Arianni does exist, as does the Master. They could have very well been the beings that met with President Eisenhower who tried to persuade him against the violent misuse of weapons and the dark side of the military industrial complex.

The Arianni are thousands of years ahead of us and your feeble minds are stuck on the entrance to their world. A peaceful people like the Arianni have lived that long because they would not allow a race of stubborn barbarians who would fire upon peaceful ships to have easy access to them.

One day our race will wake up from the ashes of ignorance to the peaceful message which awaits us from these wise deliverers.

edit on 16-6-2015 by KaliKasa because: mistake

edit on 16-6-2015 by KaliKasa because: mistake

edit on 16-6-2015 by KaliKasa because: change

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The above post is obviously a joke I hope .

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join