It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedy Royal Does It Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I note with some satisfaction that Prince Philip, famous at the very least in the UK for coming out with gaffes so huge they're visible from space, has done it again:

This somewhat humourless article from Prison Planet details his latest faux-pas to president Obama.

They were making small talk about Barack Obama being jetlagged, and...

Then the President told the Royals: “I had breakfast with the Prime Minister, I had meetings with the Chinese, the Russians, David Cameron…

“And I’m proud to say I did not nod off in one of the meetings.”

A guffawing Prince Philip then blurted out: “Can you tell the difference between them?”

Apparently Barack Obama replied that he had no trouble telling them apart.

I really wanted to find footage of Spitting Image's Prince Philip parodies but they all seem to have been taken off YouTube and elsewhere. Boo!

Mind you, it's hard to satirise someone whose real-life tactlessness reminds one of the black-sheep uncle who always gets drunk and puts his foot firmly in his mouth at every family do.

Here's a map of the world, showing notable places where he's said the kind on things only the senile can usually get away with.

Of course, it has been discovered that as people get older, they become far less inhibited, but Phil the Greek does take it to extremes. "Stay here much longer and you'll all go slitty-eyed", he said to British students in China: "So you managed not to get eaten, then?" was his summing-up of the situation to someone who'd been hiking in Papua New Guinea.

Good to know that he's still going strong. We could all use a good laugh.

join