It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. and British submariners to play soccer....in the North Pole!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Two nuclear submarines, one British and one American, surfaced near the North Pole on Monday for an impromptu game of soccer, Britain's Royal Navy said.

The two vessels surfaced through two naturally occurring gaps in the ice about half a mile from each other after completing a joint underwater exercise.

Soccer
who do u think will win?
(i'd say the british unfortunately...)

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by silQ]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
how do you play soccer with subs? wouldnt that be dangerous? would you try and fire torpedos and try and get it past the other sub who is trying to block it? oww this is hurting my head

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Bad link, dont they have something better to do?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The link is not working for me

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
just copy and past the link part and dont click the link

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think this was last week. Nobody won, it turned into a giant snowball fight apparently.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
LAST WEEK?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!?!?
the date say today

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yeah dude, new link. At least take the code away so we can paste it in the address bar ourselves. Anyways, I also think the UK fellas are going to win this one.

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
how do you play soccer with subs? wouldnt that be dangerous? would you try and fire torpedos and try and get it past the other sub who is trying to block it? oww this is hurting my head

Ha ha, you're a funny guy.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
in keeping on subject with the thread instead of posting worthless one liners as some have....

I think this was pretty neat. Members of two different Navy's completing a task together and then taking some time getting to know each other and having some fun, rather it was soccer or a snowball fight... good for them.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
LOL, your right. It was monday. I thought this was monday, damn I'm tired.

new topics

top topics

join