It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention all U.S., ATS Members Please be on the Lookout for Unmarked Police Recreational Vehicles

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I was too slow posting. Mobile classroom.

Those citizen patrol things always attract the wrong people. You will have problems with them in your community. They are usually wanna be Cops who could never pass the psychological tests. They are way to gung-ho to be trusted. Even the Cops don't care for them. They seem to come about from politicians trying to get the radical Right vote.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I live in a city of 74,000 people just outside of Houston TX. I'll drive by my local Police department when I'm out sometime this week and tell you if I see anything interesting.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Wow you are lucky! Here in Virginia Beach and surrounding areas, unmarked cars are any and every kind of car you normaly see. Some are even old clunkers. Maybe these guys are doing some training there to be out of prying eyes. Good observation

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I was too slow posting. Mobile classroom.

Those citizen patrol things always attract the wrong people. You will have problems with them in your community. They are usually wanna be Cops who could never pass the psychological tests. They are way to gung-ho to be trusted. Even the Cops don't care for them. They seem to come about from politicians trying to get the radical Right vote.

I wonder if it's really just a citizen patrol or might be an early use of the new volunteer civil service laws going into effect?

My neighborhood gets the boardroom class of criminal, not the street toughs and burglars. Maybe they are anticipating a rise in crime as the economy continues to founder, but a ride along in my neighborhood would likely bore someone to tears.

It's probably just the police departments way of sucking up to a few key citizens. The property taxes are enormous for a lot of people and they just might be trying to simmer a couple of blow hards down...

Strange times we live in...thanks for posting and sharing.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
I live in a city of 74,000 people just outside of Houston TX. I'll drive by my local Police department when I'm out sometime this week and tell you if I see anything interesting.

Hey Tentickles thanks, I appreciate that...it looks like my local police department is conducting a citizens police academy and was putting on a SWAT demonstration for them.

I am not real thrilled about the addition of civilians to the local police force in this manner, but I don't think it turned out to be as ominous looking as it appeared to be at first glance...

All these bailouts and New World Order calls have me a bit on edge I guess, and seeing something so out of the ordinary like that caused me some alarm.

I do think it might be a good idea all the same for concerned members to keep an eye on what might be happening out of the ordinary at police stations or national gaurd bases while the economy remains on the down and out and the politicians and corporations keep playing there silly games about fixing it.

Thanks for posting and caring.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Most Police and Sheriff's Departments have Mobile Command Centers these days. In small towns they double as vehicles for their SWAT teams if you will. Not unusual at all.

This was really out of the ordinary for my little town. It's only a square mile incorporated area with a very strong patrol presence. They have a beat cop on foot patrol during the day in the little business district that is only 4 blocks long, 10 residential blocks down the road, it's into another juristiction and deparment. They usually keep six squad cars on at all times, at least two beach patrol officers during the day, a motor cycle patrol during the weekend. A high crime month is 2 or 3 burglaries and a domestic dispute.

It turned out that it was Miami-Dade's vehicle, which makes a lot more sense, and I wouldn't have been alarmed at all to see such a vehicle in the unicorporated parts of North Miami Beach, or the City of Miami, or Miami-Dade.

Here it just stood out like a sore thumb in part because I could not imagine what kind of business they would have in this neighborhood. It did just turn out to be a citizens police academy training class, and after reading the literature for it, I guess it was also the big draw of the class the way it was being billed.

I made the OP of course before finding that bit of information out, and I made the OP hoping to find out it was isolated.

I honestly feel silly...

I think I would have felt a whole lot worse though if it had turned out to be something ominous and I just kept my mouth shut.

Don't worry, I don't have a tin foil hat, or a years supply of food or ammunition, but I am concerned greatly about the state of the economy and the world economy, and some of the political tensions...

Not because I want to see anything happen, but simply because I have read too much history and see certain parallels that do make me feel less secure than I would prefer.

It's always nice when some one lends a reassuring word though...

Thanks, I appreciate that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join