It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention all U.S., ATS Members Please be on the Lookout for Unmarked Police Recreational Vehicles

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I thought this too. why not ask them. then I remembered that it wouldn't do any good. if it in fact some harmless thing they will tell you that but if it is something worrisome, some trouble they are expecting, I'm sure they would tell you it's something harmless. my point is there is no way of knowing when anybody officil is telling the truth these days, and it doesn't seem to be very often. My own plan for such things is to ask a neighbor who is an ex-cop what's going on because he maintains good relationships with his old gang. This time I think I'll keep my eyes open for awhile. I live in Portland Oregon where they do have a variety of vehicles but spent 25 years in the town of West Linn, much like Surfside in that it was tickets and enforcing curfew when the high schoolers stayed out too late. a few years ago one of the officers discharged his gun in the line of duty and required months of counseling. the small towns are a different world. I'd like to know why all those armed guys were there....unless they were from a trade show? any police weapons trade shows going on in the area? though then they would have the things in display cases.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by earlywatcher
reply to post by jsobecky

I thought this too. why not ask them. then I remembered that it wouldn't do any good. if it in fact some harmless thing they will tell you that but if it is something worrisome, some trouble they are expecting, I'm sure they would tell you it's something harmless. my point is there is no way of knowing when anybody officil is telling the truth these days, and it doesn't seem to be very often. My own plan for such things is to ask a neighbor who is an ex-cop what's going on because he maintains good relationships with his old gang. This time I think I'll keep my eyes open for awhile. I live in Portland Oregon where they do have a variety of vehicles but spent 25 years in the town of West Linn, much like Surfside in that it was tickets and enforcing curfew when the high schoolers stayed out too late. a few years ago one of the officers discharged his gun in the line of duty and required months of counseling. the small towns are a different world. I'd like to know why all those armed guys were there....unless they were from a trade show? any police weapons trade shows going on in the area? though then they would have the things in display cases.

Surfside has a business district that is 4 blocks long, the Convention Center in Miami Beach, by South Beach is 6 miles south of here, and about 322,000 really beautiful women, and hundreds of great restaurants and shops and beaches and hotels in between here and there.

Surfside itself is kind of a throw back in time, we have one branch of just about every major bank in the world, along that four block strip nestled in between things like a Barber Shop where you can still get a hot lather shave with a straight edged razor, and a Drug Store where you can still sit at a counter to order a sandwich and an Ice Cream Soda.

It sure isn't Swat territory and I honestly am not privy as to what reciprocal agreements the Town's Police Department has with Miami-Dade police but the town's officer's salaries are paid entirely by the taxes of the citizens of the town. In other words I can't see how they 28 of them woudl fit into being backup to the Miami-Dade Police Department that employs thousands of thousands of officers, where Surfside's would have no jurisdiction.

I did ask several North Miami Beach Police Officers, Metro Miami-Dade Officers, and Florida Highway Patrol Officers right before the November elections if they had been training for Marshall Law, and they all admitted that they had been rigorously training for it throughout Florida.

This might have been the Local Police Department preparing for a refresher or an update, I don't know.

The extra tables were likely to accomodate someone at a briefing or meeting here or elsewhere in the metro area, or...to aide in some kind of large scale processing here, a place where no large scale crime takes place.

Ultimately I would love to hear a bunch of people around the country say, hey I drove by or walked by my police station today, nothing out of the ordinary going on around there. Then I would know it's isolated, and not a harbinger of anything.

So many of us think or fear that the SWHTF someday soon, wouldn't it be funny if even those of us who believe that, just skeptically dismissed the warning signs that it truly was about to happen?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

That's a heck of a lot of water to have on hand, is your area one that gets hit by natural disasters frequently where water comes in handy?

It’s kind of a small community. We lost power for about six hours over the winter. I think the last hurricane that did any real damage was in the mid eighties. The town has its own power plant so we don’t have to rely on national grid.

Six marked, four unmarked, a blazer and a Harley. Not what you would call a large force. In town we have an armory. We also have a small FBI station. They keep a low profile.

They all have routine patterns. I will check if the RV has been moving.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plasma applicator

That's a heck of a lot of water to have on hand, is your area one that gets hit by natural disasters frequently where water comes in handy?

It’s kind of a small community. We lost power for about six hours over the winter. I think the last hurricane that did any real damage was in the mid eighties. The town has its own power plant so we don’t have to rely on national grid.

Six marked, four unmarked, a blazer and a Harley. Not what you would call a large force. In town we have an armory. We also have a small FBI station. They keep a low profile.

They all have routine patterns. I will check if the RV has been moving.

I did another walk by a few minutes ago and the RV is beginning to look like it's taking up residence.

They would have so little reason to use it. The town's main drag is A1A Route 1. The Police Station sits right on it. They sure would have no advantage setting up a DWI road block a half a mile north or a half a mile south, when they could essentially catch all the traffic using their own police station as a headquarters and staging area as opposed to some little cramped RV.

I would guess there would be a 48 to no more than 72 hour build up and preperation phase before Marshall Law was going to be declared. Any less time than 48 you don't have any time to pull and allocate all your resources, any more than 72, you start tempting leaks to the press or friends and relatives.

If they are going to preplan a banking Holiday as a result of what ever took place at the G-20, we would likely be in that 72 hour window right now.

I think it makes sense to check up on the lay of the land right about now, I really am urging all members to do that, and maybe even consider a new kind of ongoing community watch committee, watching the people who are supposed to be watching the community!

Some people might laugh at that but believe me it was all the cloak and dagger watching one another that kept the cold war...cold.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
We live in a small town and you would'nt believe the amount of unmarked vehicles.Everything from suvs to 4x4s.
Its just my thinking but I could be wrong if marshall law was coming into effect would'nt the national guard be gearing up.My father lives directly across the street from the armory and there hasn't been any unusual activity there today or recently.All tanks,jeeps,etc..are in the same place no new supplies being brought in or leaving.It's actually so slow there the police have been using the parking lot to conceal themselves from speeders.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Could it have something to do with this?

www.townofsurfsidefl.gov...

Surfside is offering an 11 week course starting in March for a Citizens Police Academy that includes SWAT demonstrations

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Could it have something to do with this?

www.townofsurfsidefl.gov...

Surfside is offering an 11 week course starting in March for a Citizens Police Academy that includes SWAT demonstrations

Wow! Thanks...I think...? That certainly does explain it...and I was pretty relieved until...I noticed the Citizens...in front of new Citizens Police Academy...as in the new citizens volunteer domestic security force President Obama wants to institute and provisions for just were passed into law by H.R. 1388?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry now...great find, thanks!

See I am not a paranoid nutcase...just a nutcase that's paranoid?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dee132423

A quiet armory is a very good sign indeed.

Good news the poster below you came up with the explanation for what I witnessed...

See the only dumb question is the one you never ask!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Could be something like this;

www.uctraining.net...

The spring "Tactical Narcotics Techniques conference" has been scheduled for April 27th-May 1st, 2009, in North Miami Beach, Florida. There is limited seating for this training conference. so be sure to register early to reserve your slot!
The "Investigating Drug Trafficking Organizations conference" has been scheduled for June 15th-19th, 2009, in North Miami Beach, Florida.

Maybe it was another training group, the tables and stuff kind of make it sound like it could be some sort of conference, and often people doing training dress up to look more impressive and authoritative.

When I worked for the DOE and they did training or had other sorts of presentations you always get to see the people dressed up in their very best gear. Even in remote tropical locations where it probably wasnt very comfortable.

Not saying it is, but it could be.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I have to confess the reason I was walking back from the store is that in recent months the local police have gotten so agressive ticketing and stopping cars for suspected equipment violations that I rarely drive in my own community anymore unless I have business outside of it, which is not often.

Up until about 6 months to a year ago, Bal Harbour, Bay Harour Isles, and Surfside, each with their own police departments and each neighboring the other would actually go out of their way to keep citizens of those three sister towns from running afoul of the law in any inconvenient or costly fashion.

I have been twice stopped in recent months on exagerated faulty equipment charges that paying the fine online is cheaper to do than taking several hours out of a work day to go down and fight it.

The overall attitude has changed from we really are here to protect you, to we really are here to boss you around and screw you.

I don't know anything about your particular department but Florida police in general have hit the big time -- their ranks contain some of the most corrupt officers in the country.

Over the years, mainstream media has reported numerous instances of criminal conduct by various departments. Unfortunately, the majority of the stories don't appear to be archived for very long, but RSS feeds from the MSM will plug you into some amazing stories. Of course, these *never* get picked up by national "news".

I have no doubt the police and military will attack the civilian population with gusto when the orders are given....

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Maybe it was another training group, the tables and stuff kind of make it sound like it could be some sort of conference, and often people doing training dress up to look more impressive and authoritative.

It definately is starting to look like just a training exercise...all the way around, thanks my friend.

It sure struck me as odd though, and it's kind of great how you and another poster were able to dig up so much relevant information off of the Internet. I feel kind of silly not searching there first myself now.

I do think it's a good idea for citizens to use the Internet to keep track of what could be coordinated efforts to violate civil liberties.

Thanks for the post my friend.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I don't know if this relates to anything.But,due to huge budget cuts they are talking about shutting our armory down and its huge.The city has talked about purchasing it for the new police station.In my line of thinking I believe if something was being planned very soon that this would stay open we are at least an hour and a half from any major city.Wound'nt it be wise to have armed guards in rural areas if something huge was being planned?

[edit on 2-4-2009 by dee132423]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rko_radio

Over the years, mainstream media has reported numerous instances of criminal conduct by various departments. Unfortunately, the majority of the stories don't appear to be archived for very long, but RSS feeds from the MSM will plug you into some amazing stories. Of course, these *never* get picked up by national "news".

South Florida is famous for rougue police groups, over the years the FBI and DEA have conducted a number of high profile stings, where even the FBI has commented we can't believe these people ever became cops.

Another incorporated little community in North Miami Beach a mile away from me named Treasure Island used to actually have several officers who would run coc aine coming off of boats off loading at it's Police Department's dock on the Inter-coastal waterway, in the trunks of their marked police cars for the biggest import group during the coc aine cowboy days...the actual real life coc aine cowboys in the Documentary Cocaine Cowboys tell all about that and many other ways they corrupted and subverted law enforcement, one confided that all his major runners had standing orders if stopped by unfriendly police units and searched just to tell them look, write down your price any number, let me make one call before you call this in, and what ever that number you write down is, I gaurantee you it will be here in cash within a half hour.

He claimed that approach never not worked.

There is a pretty slender line between cops and criminals. It gets crossed more than most people would imagine.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Jeez, just go ask them. Don't forget they work for you. You pay their salaries. Just go strike up a conversation. If its some new piece of gear they got they will probably like to brag about it. I try to avoid police as much as the next guy, but before you let your imagination run wild go ask whats up they won't care.

"Hey officer, neat RV what do you use that for?"

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Jeez, just go ask them. Don't forget they work for you. You pay their salaries. Just go strike up a conversation. If its some new piece of gear they got they will probably like to brag about it. I try to avoid police as much as the next guy, but before you let your imagination run wild go ask whats up they won't care.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905

Hi Drock thanks for the post and the advice...I already have got to the bottom of it.

It was for training a Citizens Police Academy they had set up by demonstrating SWAT Team gear and tactics.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

... Many republican law makers swear that they only voted for the first bailout package because democratic leaders insisted that if the bailout did not pass and the first bad day Wall Street had that created a run on the banks would end up causing the government to declare a Banking Holiday and institute Marshall Law.

I love people who pull this kind of crap on ATS. Read a few threads, twist them around to suit their personal political bias and then parrot them back. The fact is, proto, it was allegedly (make sure you don't miss that word) Hank 'Trust Me' Paulson that, in closed-door meetings with members of Congress, warned them that not giving him the ORIGINAL open-ended, no-strings-attached 'bailout' money could result in martial law and a wholesale failure of the US and possibly the world's financial system.

This was ALLEGEDLY and the source was the Republican administration's head of Treasury. Not the Democrats. And allegedly. No proof it ever really happened at all. So, let's all try to not fall into 'their' trap of playing the blame game to divide the country, shall we?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

... Many republican law makers swear that they only voted for the first bailout package because democratic leaders insisted that if the bailout did not pass and the first bad day Wall Street had that created a run on the banks would end up causing the government to declare a Banking Holiday and institute Marshall Law.

I love people who pull this kind of crap on ATS. Read a few threads, twist them around to suit their personal political bias and then parrot them back. The fact is, proto, it was allegedly (make sure you don't miss that word) Hank 'Trust Me' Paulson that, in closed-door meetings with members of Congress, warned them that not giving him the ORIGINAL open-ended, no-strings-attached 'bailout' money could result in martial law and a wholesale failure of the US and possibly the world's financial system.

This was ALLEGEDLY and the source was the Republican administration's head of Treasury. Not the Democrats. And allegedly. No proof it ever really happened at all. So, let's all try to not fall into 'their' trap of playing the blame game to divide the country, shall we?

Hello my friend...actually a few different Republican Congressmen made that claim...

Having said that...all I did was source the party, not advocate or condone the party...

I am not into partisan politics I don't even vote...

Now having said that...the point I was making is that sources within the government have mentioned a possiblity of Marshall Law having to be declared if a banking holiday should have to occur...

Now having said that...this thread was about something I found alarming and unusual for my neighborhood...I asked other members if they would check to see if anything similiar was occuring in their neighborhood.

So not only did you miss the entire point of the thread...you chose to make it about partisan politics...

Frankly if the economy degrades into a situation that causes Marshall Law I could give to craps less which side(s) of the coin are responsible for it.

It's all the same coin to me...

Hopefully no one will be counting on you to do anything more than argue politics at the time...

Good luck with that...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

love people who pull this kind of crap on ATS. Read a few threads, twist them around to suit their personal political bias and then parrot them back. The fact is, proto, it was allegedly (make sure you don't miss that word) Hank 'Trust Me' Paulson that, in closed-door meetings with members of Congress, warned them that not giving him the ORIGINAL open-ended, no-strings-attached 'bailout' money could result in martial law and a wholesale failure of the US and possibly the world's financial system.

Now here is my original source for this...not a few twisted ATS Threads...but Rep. Brad Sherman standing and speaking on the floor of the House in session on C-SPAN...

I suppose this congressman was debunked right here on ATS by people like you?

Thanks for your fine contribution to a simple appeal, based on a valid question and concern, on a thread, had you actually read, instead of using it as a platform for partisan politics, you would have seen I actually through a responsive and responsible member found out the answer about what I saw...

The crap seems to be coming from your direction my friend...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Most Police and Sheriff's Departments have Mobile Command Centers these days. In small towns they double as vehicles for their SWAT teams if you will. Not unusual at all.

They are used for command and control in things like a domestic dispute, bank robbery or other situations where there may be a hostage or a person holed up in a building. They contain their communications and tactical equipment.

They are generally built inside of Motorhome shells for obvious reasons. Plenty of room, electric generator, heat and air and room to store needed equiptment and personel.

I don't think this is a sign of anything sinister.

So far, all of the predictions of Marshal Law and rounding us up have proven to be so much nonsense. Not that it can't happen, but being afraid of every vehicle that looks different used by a government is a bit paranoid.

I'm still trying to get over the people who are trying to prove car haulers and livestock cars are in fact to round us up when they have been in use for many decades. I also get a chuckle out of the crowd who thinks facilities who are producing ordinary crypts and the like are preparing to help the government kill and bury us all; when in fact they are used for funerals every day.

I personally know for a fact that the supposed detainment camp near Anchorage does not exist and in fact is a lie.

I think sometimes people want it to be true so badly they panic over every little thing that comes along.

We won't be rounded up and killed or herded into stock cars. They will quietly and slowly strip us of our freedoms and with very little violence put their plans in place. I think we are about a generation away from 1984 type scenario. It is coming soon though.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join