It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stewart to Limbaugh: 'Get the [Snip] out' of NYC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

its over 8 years so 50 mil a year. Still very good money lol. I would bet that number is actually less though and he is probably getting around 10-20 mil a year.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
there is a link and my bad not per year
$400 million contract at any rate its hell of alot more than stewart

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo67

How? How do you know that? You provided a link with Rush's 50 mil per year, great. That's only HALF the evidence you need to support your claim. For all we know Stewart could make 100 mil a year. I searched and couldn't find any indication of what Jon Stewart makes, so until you can, I humbly invite you to place your foot in your mouth.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

yeah i searched as well the last recorded thing i could find was Stewart's salary back in 2005 which was $1.5 mill

Source

Edit to add: off topic: some interesting names on that list ...

[edit on 2-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

a classic conservative example of spouting off your mouth before knowing what you're talking about

1.) 50 million is a lot of money - but that does not mean Rush Limbaugh is worth it. If you actually read that article, there's many questions about why you'd pay someone so much in prevailing political winds of change.

2.) That does not mean Rush Limbaugh will be around for 8 more years. You can bet your bottom dollar that the way this country is going, it'll be much more liberal in the years to come. I know this concept of tolerance and responsibility scares you, but it's something you'll have to confront eventually as an adult.

3.) Since when does the amount of money you're paid dictate how important you are to this country? Rush Limbaugh did a bit on this exact same idea about 2 weeks or so ago. Teachers aren't paid millions of dollars, but are easily the single most important job in this country.

And you can't disagree with that, because your messiah said it, verbatim....less than a month ago.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
bs comedy central is a noname channel owned by viacom

if you really think stewart gets paid more than i got some swamp land to sell you.

rush has been on the air for over 20 years.

typical liberal nonsense who thinks there viewpoint is better than everyone elses.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by neo67]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

if you really think stewart gets paid more than i got some swamp land to sell you.

typical liberal nonsense who thinks there viewpoint is better than everyone elses.

No-name channel?

Do you even OWN a television?

South Park
Daily Show
Colbert Report

Once again, spouting off your mouth before you have the hint of a clue of what you're talking about.

No-Name Network ???????

it's only a no-name network to those who invest their self-worth and opinionated origins from the main stream media

in your case, im going to assume, fox news.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What does his pay have anything to do with this thread can I ask? Rush is an entertainer who entertains a group of people. Think of him as Andy Dick but just a little more gay.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
What does his pay have anything to do with this thread can I ask? Rush is an entertainer who entertains a group of people. Think of him as Andy Dick but just a little more gay.

And Stewart ain't?

Especially the gay part.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I hate rush but just to add some stuff to ponder

Howard sterns deal was 500 mil for 5 years ( granted he pays some of his staff but it also doesnt include all the other stuff he does)

So it looks like Howard is more important then either of them of your arguments and he also lives in NY

Comedy central is known for not paying very well so it wouldn't be a big surprise if Stewart makes around 10-15 mil a year also.

Viacom and Clearchannel are both evil corporations that should be burned to the ground.

Last but not least! Rush is a blowhard that should practice what he preaches but each of these 2 are entertainers and nothing more. So why do we care so much?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd

No-name channel?

South Park
Daily Show
Colbert Report

Once again, spouting off your mouth before you have the hint of a clue of what you're talking about.

No-Name Network ???????

it's only a no-name network to those who invest their self-worth and opinionated origins from the main stream media

Boy, you are full of assumptions tonight aren't you? Bad day at work?

Stewart is an entertainer just like Limbaugh. He likes his ratings just like Limbaugh. Stewart is an entertainer with a pulpit. I find him entertaining to watch. I suppose he is just doing his job as an entertainer.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

And Stewart ain't?

Especially the gay part.

haha maybe they both are gay together. Yeah Im aware Stewart is an entertainer also my point was what does pay have to do with the thread. I just figured Id take a jab at Rush at the same time

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd

No-name channel?

South Park
Daily Show
Colbert Report

No-Name Network ???????

assupmtion is the mother of all f ups! your not as smart as you think you are

in saying that if i acted like you i would guess your and under 30 something who thinks he knows everything.

i have better things to do with my time than to argue with a liberal elitist hater such as yourself

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

you really have stalker issues.

Stop following me, the white hood is scary.

1.) I never made any assumptions. If you call Comedy Central "no name" you simply have not owned a TV for the last 8 years.

2.) Yes, he's a successful entertainer. But the difference is, the daily show markets themselves as poop and fart jokes, Limbaugh tries to pass his garbage off as truth.

Snake Oil is snake oil

But the daily show advertises as such

Limbaugh is telling you his is actually Oxycontin....wait.....didnt he get busted for that already?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
its bad when New York city doesn't want you. What happened did Florida kick him out?

The big difference between Stewart and loosebowels is that Stewart actually takes real news stories and makes fun of them and acknowledging it is farce actually makes his commentaries legit.

loosebowels tries to pass his stuff he spews forth off as valid and his dittoheads nod in agreement.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by grover]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

i have better things to do with my time than to argue with a liberal elitist hater such as yourself

Yes, your post that has nothing tod o with this thread, is 100% proof of that.

Stewart > Limbaugh

every time.

Entertainment > Bull sh*t

every time.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
and like your posts have anything to do with the topic.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

and like your posts have anything to do with the topic.

classic

(whats funny is that you're STILL here arguing with me.....i guess that says something after your original comment)

Yes, actually. Limbaugh < Stewart

The ratings say so.

TV > Radio

Rush Limbaugh isn't on Television any longer because people can't take him. He's too full of ignorance and stupidity for those who own a television.

I still listen to Rush Limbaugh, but it's for no other reason than to gather material for my website.

I watch The Daily show for entertainment. I listen to Rush Limbaugh to keep me motivated to continue the good fight.

New York loved to see Limbaugh go.
I expect to see a parade very soon.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

I'm pretty certain that anyone who supported George Bush and his willingness to sacrifice 3000 Americans over a war that his administration misrepresented to the American people is the very definition of the term, "sheeple."

All you need to know about how far the Republican Party has sunk is that so many of them actually think Rush Limbaugh is the spokesman for the Party.

HE IS A TALK SHOW HOST.

Sheeple indeed.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
classic liberal elitist..

why dont you start watching shows like history channel,discovery etc instead of comedy central or south park.

that tells me your under 30 and quite frankly some real world experience would be good for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join