It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Superhero or Favorite Book Series Would you like to See as a Movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
With the way: Lord of the Rings, Watchmen, Dark Knight, etc have done. I have to ask myself what movies would I like to see made now.

I know for me, (Only if we could get the same type of effort) I would like to see several movies made from some of the books, video games, comics, and graphic novels I loved in my life finally made into movies. With the CGI we have created in the last few years I think we can do anything we could imagine. The only problem is that Hollywood seems to be out of good stories to imagine. I'm hoping that something like this might get them to do some of our favorites.

Here are the Ones I would like to see made

Wheel of Time-(Only if they get the same type of effort as L.O.R.)
Spawn-(I know they made a movie, but it was
and goofy. This comic deserved a "Dark Knight" approach. That's how the comic's were.
Elders Scrolls-(Morrowind, Oblivion, etc)

Let me know what you think. Weither its to say I
or

Maybe we can get the ball rolling on a few one's we love that might be ignored without us.:bnghd:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You know I was just thinking this the other day about a few series of books I grew up reading by V.C Andrews. Don't laugh at me
lol but I really do think some of her material could make a good flick. The Casteel series mostly and even the Cutler series. I think there is plenty of great material to work with in a movie to make it interesting enough to make.

I know they did one based on Flowers In The Attic some years ago but it didn't do the book nor the author any justice ... which may be why the family won't agree to allow any more to be done lol

But yeah, I'd watch em!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
A series of books written by Brian Lumley called Necroscope. One of the best series of books I've ever read!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Justice league, Aqua-man and miracleman/marvelman

And marvel zombies or Transmetropolitan....for a more adult movie.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I heard that they are making a Nightside movie, could be awesome or awful depending.
Other than that...
Maybe a Harry Dresden movie series, like with Harry Potter. The TV series was good, but it got cancelled by SCIFI.
But... at the same time, I like my books to stay in my head...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'd like to see the Tony Hill/Carol Jordan series by Val McDermid made into movies. I've read all 5 books in the series and think they could make some good movies.

Edit: The series has already been made into a television show. Wire in The Blood.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
i would love to see a The Dark Elf Trilogy movie being made. a Drizzt movie would be awesome. it would have to have good writers too. i would want Guillermo del Toro to direct it. his work with hell boy 2 was awesome. and he has shown a love for fantasy.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
There are so many books I would love to see be made into movies, however the only problem with doing this is that alot of the time when books are made into movies they lack or edit out a lot of what takes place in the book and do a piss poor job of portraying it.

However I would love to see a few things made into movies:

The Dirk Pitt Series by Clive Cussler
Ishmael by Daniel Quinn - I think this would make one hell of a movie if its done right.
And finally, although its not a book, it has one of the top 3 storylines I've ever encountered in a video game before. I would love for them to make Metal Gear Solid (Video Game) into a movie, preferably live action than animated or whatever.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Adam West]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Anything by Matthew Reilly, he is an awesome writer and has sold the rights to a company, who are now seeking funds.

Edit: And a proper Zelda movie would be cool, not just some crap little film....

Roswell.

[edit on 13/4/2009 by roswell1]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by roswell1

Yes I really enjoy Matty Reilly too, didnt he release his first bestseller at 19?

On another note,
I've heard that a Buffy movie is coming out, even though they said they wouldnt do it as a movie after the 1st one (before the tv series).They've just been doing the Buffyverse as comic books for the last 5 years and now they have Sarah M Gellar agreein to a feature length. Its an older Buffy as a vengeful mum...that's all I got.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I second a spawn remake =D the first one had a great feel for the time but I think they could do better, going darker

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Yes I really enjoy Matty Reilly too, didnt he release his first bestseller at 19?

YAY! You're the first person I've met that has heard of Matthew Reilly, other than those I've forced him apon, most of whom loved it

I'm pretty sure he wrote the book at 19, but only got it published when he was 20-something.

Roswell.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Royal76

I was disappointed in LOTR movies, mostly b/c they omitted Tom.

First I'll comment on those mentioned that I agreed with, due to the fact I have read/played them:

-Morrowind would be a great movie by itself.
-Wheel of Time.. I don't know if it's possible.. maybe a good t.v. series that lasts for 10 seasons?
-I agree that Spawn needs a remake, there was a decent animated series I saw.

Homeland, Exile, Sojourn. Dark Elf Trilogy would be excellent in three movies. Truly describes being an outcast among your own people, and destroying the boundaries of "racial profiling." All this without getting too close to races in the real world.

Some I would like(other than ones previously mentioned):

-Foundation series by Asimov. Again, perhaps a tv series would be best, or a series of movies. What I love about it is it's scope.. not just about this "guy/gal" who does this and that, etc.

-Diablo, the first one, by Blizzard.

-Comics.. they already did my favorite, which was Hellboy. They didn't do too bad on it either, but of course it could always be better. I haven't seen the latest one, yet.

I've learned from the books I've read that have been turned into movies, that I was always disappointed. "The Shining" by Stephen King is an example. I'm so glad I happened to read the book before I was old enough to see the movie.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Going very old school here but I would love to see E.E. "Doc" Smith's Lensmen series done up as a movie series. Way too much action for one movie though. I realize that it's a forlorn hope but if they were to do it I would love for them to keep the 1940's "SF look".

(Visualizes multi-ton equipment exploding from direct hits from ship weaponry, massive space battles, etc.)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
What about a Fallout movie series. One that started with the first one, in California. The first couple of games that some people have heard of but no one knows about?

Fallout 1, 2

I would really love to see a fallout movie, even if they skipped ahead to Fallout 3. They could skip New Vegas, i thought it was a poor place to put the next game. Personally i would have gone with Boston, or New York.

Plus how about a Halo movie finally with actual humans, sort of like JC's Avatar, in 3D?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The two sources that I think would lend very well to movies are both books. Swan Song By Robert R. McCammon and Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman.

My all time choice is for the Dark Tower series of books by Stephen King, which are already being filmed. This both excites me and scares me because I will be shattered if the films do not do the books justice.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
A movie based on the Drizzt novels of D&D fame would be pretty cool, but I'd really love to see a movie franchise of The Rangers Apprentice books. I think these would translate really well to film. A live-action Robotech or Vampire Hunter D would also be must-sees for me...

edit on 17-2-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I figure we've just about run out. It seems we're scraping the bottom of the barrel with Antman coming soon.

Thor looks like it's going to be bad too, sorry to say. Jury's still out in my mind about Green Lantern because the trailer didn't really do it for me, which was very disappointing for me personally.

Peace

edit on 17-2-2011 by Dr Love because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'd love to see a movie or TV series based off Jack Whyte's Templar Trilogy novels. Firstly because I loved that trilogy, Jack did a great job with it. And secondly because I'm a sucker for any book, movie, or TV show that's set in the Middle Ages. Especially so when it's a story that focuses on The Crusades, or more specifically the Knights Templar.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think the Dresden Files books would make a pretty good movie franchise. It'd be the perfect time for it. Better yet, for the female audience, the Kim Harrison series that features Rachel Morgan (half demon witch) would probably be the next "Twilight" if done right. (and the hot gals would mean even the guys would go see it). The books are surprisingly good...just like the True Blood books by Charlaine Harris.

top topics

join