It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge Match: jasonjnelson vs TheMythLives: "So Duh; The Best Is Obvious"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The topic for this debate is "Coca-Cola Is Superior To Pepsi."

jasonjnelson will be arguing the pro position and will open the debate.
TheMythLives will argue the con position.

Each debater will have one opening statement each. This will be followed by 3 alternating replies each. There will then be one closing statement each and no rebuttal.

There is a 10,000 character limit. Excess characters will be deleted prior to judging.

Editing is strictly forbidden. For reasons of time, mod edits should not be expected except in critical situations.

Opening and closing statements must not contain any images and must have no more than 3 references.

Excluding both the opening and closing statements, only two images and no more than 5 references can be included for each post. Each individual post may contain up to 10 sentences of external source material, totaled from all external sources.

Links to multiple pages within a single domain count as 1 reference but there is a maximum of 3 individual links per reference, then further links from that domain count as a new reference. Excess quotes and excess links will be removed before judging.

Videos are not permitted. This includes all youtube links and other multi-media video sources.

The Socratic Debate Rule is in effect. Each debater may ask up to 5 questions in each post, except for in closing statements- no questions are permitted in closing statements. These questions should be clearly labeled as "Question 1, Question 2, etc.

When asked a question, a debater must give a straight forward answer in his next post. Explanations and qualifications to an answer are acceptable, but must be preceded by a direct answer.

This Is The Time Limit Policy

Each debate must post within 48 hours of the timestamp on the last post. If your opponent is late, you may post immediately without waiting for an announcement of turn forfeiture. If you are late, you may post late, unless your opponent has already posted.

Each debater is entitled to one extension of 24 hours. The request should be posted in this thread and is automatically granted- the 24 hour extension begins at the expiration of the previous deadline, not at the time of the extension request.

In the unlikely event that tardiness results in simultaneous posting by both debaters, the late post will be deleted unless it appears in its proper order in the thread.

Judging will be done by a panel of anonymous judges. After each debate is completed it will be locked and the judges will begin making their decision. One of the debate forum moderators will then make a final post announcing the winner.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Note; I would first, like to extend my gratitude to MemoryShock for hosting this debate at such a busy time. Second, I would also like to thank my opponent, TheMythLives, for agreeing to debate me on such a contentious subject. I know that the personal choices one makes when selecting their cold, refreshing beverage is steeped in their own traditions, and tastes. I also have learned recently, that some might feel my personal views infringe upon what they choose to do with their body. This debate seeks no such quarrel, and I believe that most readers will agree when I propose;

Coke- The Best Friend Thirst Ever Had

My esteemed opponent has put forth the premise that Pepsi is superior to Coke. (hereafter, coke will be the assumed shorthand for Coca-Cola) Although my own taste buds could easily argue against that sugary-flat mess they call Pepsi, I think that the modern discerning consumer expects a better argument.

Since May 8, 1886, when Dr. John Stith Pemberton first invented the syrup for local fountains in Atlanta, the thought of an ice cold Coke (with it's refreshing bite, and smooth drinkability) has long brought the public a collective smile. Coke has also been an industry leader in every sense of the word; Whether it be the first bottled soda, the first "six-pack", the landmark advertising, or as an American Corporate Ambassador, Coke has always been the first, and best, at everything it does. The Coke website

Coke sell's over 1.3 BILLION beverages per day around the globe, is an industry leader in environmental responsibility, AND; Coke created the modern day Santa Claus, the source of more smiles than can be counted! Source
The classic coca-cola label is still written the way that the original book-keeper(Frank Robinson) first hand wrote it, and still uses the same classic recipe that it began with. Spread around the globe, Coke has somehow become synonymous with both positive symbolism (I'd like to give the world a coke?), and the country it was founded in. (the U.S.)
Coke is beyond a Soda company at this point, but we'll stick with the original beverage, and it's variations. (Otherwise, with Dr. Pepper up my sleeve, is this even a contest?) Coke is the best tasting, (as I will show) and has a deep tradition, making it seem like family. It is the dominant beverage of choice in almost every food service arena. (Pepsi has to buy restaurants in order to stock their brand)

Is this even a contest?

How can Pepsi compete with the brand that gave us Santa Clause?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

First thank you's are in order. Much Thanks to MemoryShock for setting this debate up and much thanks to Jason for agreeing to debate.

Pepsi History- Brief

Pepsi first came into existence from a pharmacist named Caleb Bradham in the 1890's and was first introduced as Brads Drink after its creator. In 1903 Brads Drink chaged its name to Pepsi Cola and then in 1961 it became known as simply Pepsi.

Pepsi gave us the amazing 12 ounce bottle. Pepsi also came to peoples rescue during the great depression. Pepsi also attempted to destroy the line of division between the races, by representing African Americans in a good, respectful and kind look. Even when the Klu Klux Klan threatened many Pepsi employees during this time of representing African Americans as equals Pepsi stood tall and did not waiver.

Even in Pepsi's origins, Pepsi was doing the good for the people, brining smiles to kids and aprents faces. Even when Pepsi went bankrupt, it came back guns blazing and reclaimed its throne as the best soft drink. Ever since then Pepsi has developed many new products ranging from water, energy drinks, coffee and soft drinks.

Is this even a contest? Actually it is. Lets examine and study just how coke gained its glory.

Tisk, Tisk, Tisk...Dear Coca Cola say it ain't so, you drugged your customers? What a shame.

But just how addictive is it?

Research with coc aine has shown that all laboratory animals can become compulsive coc aine users. Animals will work more persistently at pressing a bar for coc aine than for any drug, including opiates. An addicted monkey pressed the bar 12,800 times until it got a single dose of coc aine. If the animal survives, it will return to the task of obtaining more coc aine.
SOURCE

Wow that is a lot of times to press a button. Apparently Cocaine is extremely addictive. And since Coca Cola used it in its product its no surprise that it had its cutomers coming back for more. But one must also remember that coc aine was not illegal at this time. What is the signifigance of this mention?

Because isn't it odd that both Pepsi and Coke were created by Pharmacists, Coke at it's earliest beginnings started out as a alcohol and coc aine drink. Pepsi began as a medicinal refreshing drink to aid digestion. Right off the bat, Coca Cola was a bad drink, just adding more evidence that not only was Coke bad for you, but it was bad for its consumers for 40-50 years, before Coke removed Cocaine altogether from its ingredients, Coke did not become coc aine free until 1929! SOURCE What!

Pepsi never endangered its consumers as Coke has.

As Presented By Pepsi Brands a list of a few products owned by Pepsi:

Pepsi Beverages:

Caffeine Free Pepsi
Diet Pepsi
Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi
Diet Pepsi Max
Jazz Diet Pepsi
Diet Pepsi Lime
Diet Pepsi Vanilla
Pepsi Wild Cherry
Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry
Pepsi ONE
Mountain Dew
Diet Mountain Dew
Caffeine Free Mountain Dew
Mountain Dew Code Red
Diet Mountain Dew Code Red
Mountain Dew LiveWire
Manzanita Sol
Mirinda
Mug Root Beer
Diet Mug Root Beer
Mug Cream Soda
Diet Mug Cream Soda
Sierra Mist
Sierra Mist Free
Slice
AMP energy drink
Aquafina
Aquafina FlavorSplash
Aquafina Sparkling
Dole juices and juice drinks (License)
Dole Plus fortified juices (License)
Ethos Water (License)
FruitWorks juice drinks
Lipton Brisk (Partnership)
Lipton Iced Tea (Partnership)
Lipton Pure Leaf (Partnership)
No Fear Motherload
Sugar Free No Fear Motherload
Ocean Spray juices and juice drinks (License)
Frappuccino ready-to-drink coffee (Partnership)
Starbucks Doubleshot (Partnership)
Starbucks Doubleshot Energy (Partnership)
Starbucks Iced Coffee (Partnership)
SoBe juice drinks, dairy, and teas
SoBe Lean diet juice drinks, dairy, and teas
SoBe Life Water
SoBe Synergy
SoBe Adrenaline Rush
Tropicana lemonade and punches
Tropicana Light lemonade and punches
Tropicana Twister sodas

Foods:

Lay's potato chips
Lays Kettle Cooked potato chips
Wavy Lay's potato chips
Baked Lay's potato crisps
Maui Style potato chips
Ruffles potato chips
Baked Ruffles potato crisps
Ruffles Flavor Rush potato chips
Doritos tortilla chips
Baked Doritos tortilla chips
Tostitos tortilla chips
Baked Tostitos tortilla chips
Santitas tortilla chips
Fritos corn chips
Cheetos cheese flavored snacks
Rold Gold pretzels & snack mix
Funyuns onion flavored rings
Sunchips multigrain snacks
Sabritones puffed wheat snacks
Cracker Jack candy coated popcorn
Chester's popcorn
Grandma's cookies
Munchos potato crisps
Smartfood popcorn
Baken-ets fried pork skins
Oberto meat snacks
Rustler's meat snacks
Frito-Lay nuts
Frito-Lay, Ruffles, Fritos and Tostitos dips & salsas
Frito-Lay, Doritos and Cheetos snack crackers
Hickory Sticks
Hostess Potato Chips
Lay's Stax potato crisps
Natural Lays
Natural Ruffles
Natural Cheetos
Natural Tostitos
Miss Vickie's potato chips
Munchies snack mix
TrueNorth
Flat Earth

Tropicana:

Tropicana Pure Premium juices, Tropicana Twister juice drinks, Tropicana Smoothies,Tropicana Pure Tropics juices, Dole juices (License), Tropicana 100 juices, Naked Juice

Oatmeal:

Quaker Oatmeal, Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Quaker Oatmeal Breakfast Squares, Cap'n Crunch cereal, Life cereal, Quaker Oatmeal Brown Sugar Bliss, Quaker Oatmeal Honey Nut Heaven, Quaker 100% Natural cereal, Quaker Squares cereal, Quisp cereal,
King Vitaman cereal, Quaker Oh's! Cereal, Mother's cereal, Quaker grits, Quaker Oatmeal-to-Go, Aunt Jemima mixes & syrups, Quaker rice cakes, Quaker rice snacks (Quakes), Quaker Chewy granola bars, Quaker Dipps granola bars, Rice-A-Roni side dishes,
Pasta Roni side dishes, Near East side dishes, Puffed Wheat, Harvest Crunch cereal, Quaker Baking Mixes,Spudz snacks, Crisp'ums baked crisps, Quaker Fruit & Oatmeal bars, Quaker Fruit & Oatmeal Bites, Quaker Fruit and Oatmeal Toastables, Quaker Soy Crisps, Quaker Bakeries

Gatorade:

Gatorade Thirst Quencher, Gatorade Frost Thirst Quencher, Gatorade Ice Thirst Quencher, Gatorade Xtremo Thirst Quencher, Gatorade X-Factor Thirst Quencher, Gatorade Fierce Thirst Quencher, Propel Fitness Water, Tiger Red Drive, Tiger Cool Fusion, Tiger Quite Storm, G2 Fruit Punch ,G2 Orange, G2 Grape

Is this really a contest? How can Pepsi be denied by a history of evil that Coca Cola has brought? Its almost like Great (Pepsi) vs. Average (Coke), which Coke has become, average. Pepsi is the best tasting, has the better history, and the better future.

"Refresh Everything" ---- "Every Generation Refreshes The World"~ Pepsi Slogan (2009)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I have given my oppenent 2 days to respond, unfortunately, he has not. I will rest on on my opening post out of respect.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well, it seems that my opponent is faulting Coke for using what was once considered acceptable for consumption...

Originally posted by TheMythLives
Tisk, Tisk, Tisk...Dear Coca Cola say it ain't so, you drugged your customers? What a shame.

Well, it is true that Coca-Cola was once the harbinger of such a nasty ingredient, and they actually changed the ingredients in 1903, when they learned of the side effects of the drug. But even the Pope gave a Papal medal to a coc aine infused drink!

The alcohol in the wine helped to extract the coc aine and this fortified wine became immensely popular in Europe in the late 19th century. Queen Victoria tried it and it was even endorsed by the Pope who appeared on advertisements for the brew and gave it a papal medal!
Source
But what about Pepsi? Pepsi still contains Phenylalanine!

And what is that you ask?

Phenylalanine - Aspartame

Phenylalanine is a hidden danger to anyone consuming aspartame. Most consumers don't know that too much Phenylalanine is a neurotoxin and excites the neurons in the brain to the point of cellular death.

ADD/ADHD, emotional and behavioral disorders can all be triggered by too much Phenylalanine in the daily diet. If you are one in ten thousand people who are PKU or carry the PKU gene, Phenylalanine can cause irreversible brain damage and death, especially when used in high quantities or during pregnancy. Phenylalanine is 50% of aspartame, and to the degree humans consume diet products, Phenylalanine levels are reaching a dangerous peak.

Source

Sounds to me like you would be more worried about a company that cares less now, than the Coke figures of yore who cared enough to change the ingredients when something was noted wrong.
So they made the 12 oz. bottle? Looks like they may need to learn how to make better ingredient labels, as their factories seem to add a few;
Pepsi linked to excessive pesticides in product line in India

But enough about that, lets move on to the fact that Pepsi seems to have a problem fulfilling it's contest obligations;

Another disaster from the "Pepsi Stuff" campaign: 21-year-old John Leonard tried to redeem seven million award points for the Harrier fighter jet he saw offered in a Pepsi Stuff TV ad. The rules stipulated that contestants could buy points for 10¢ apiece, so that’s what he did. Leonard (who studied flawed promotions in business school) raised $700,000 to buy the required points and then sent the money to Pepsi, along with a letter demanding they hand over the $50 million jet.

When Pepsi refused, claiming the offer was made "in jest," Leonard filed suit in federal court.

In April 1996, Pepsi canceled its "Pepsi Stuff" merchandise giveaway campaign months ahead of schedule. Reason: Too many winners. The company underestimated how many people would redeem the points by 50%, forcing it to spend $60 million more than expected on free merchandise. "We’re outpacing our goals on awareness," a company spokesperson explained.

www.neatorama.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Source

And lest we forget, there is always Crystal "Clear" Pepsi. Is there any other reason to hate them than that?
So, it seems to me that Pepsi is not exactly the "choice of the New Generation."

So just a few questions for my opponent;

1- Does Pepsi have a holiday icon that it helped deliver onto the mainstream, providing Millions upon Millions of people joy every year?

2- Pepsi was the first in Russia, while Coke was the first to China. The Russians are near collapse, the Chinese are peaking. Do you think this a coincidence?

3- Can you tell me why Pepsi had to sell KFC, Taco Bell, or Pizza Hut? Was it the possible scandals surrounding the restaurants?

Apologies to my opponent, as I had no idea he answered so quickly! Won't happen again!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Well, it is true that Coca-Cola was once the harbinger of such a nasty ingredient, and they actually changed the ingredients in 1903, when they learned of the side effects of the drug. But even the Pope gave a Papal medal to a coc aine infused drink!

First of all I could care less what the pope annointed or medalized amd I think that I have proven that coc aine was not removed completely until 1929, so yes they were [Sarcasm]speedy[/Sarcasm] in there removal of coc aine..lol..

But what about Pepsi? Pepsi still contains Phenylalanine!

lol, so does coke.

Why is the statement “contains phenylalanine” on the label?
Some individuals with a rare hereditary disease known as phenylketonuria (PKU) are unable to metabolize phenylalanine adequately and need to control their intake of this amino acid from all food sources.
SOURCE

Yet another bad issue on there track record already. But I will end this Phenylalanine nonsense. It only affects: The warning label on applies to people with PKU. And mind you this disease is rare! However, everyone else can drink it and not have to worry about illness.

Phenylalanine is a neurotoxin and excites the neurons in the brain to the point of cellular death.

Actually Phenylalanine is an amino acid that is neceesary for the human body, since the human body cannot produce phenylalanine it needs to get this nutrition through some sort of diet.

Sounds to me like you would be more worried about a company that cares less now, than the Coke figures of yore who cared enough to change the ingredients when something was noted wrong.

No Pepsi still cares more, I have shown that, it took close to 40-50 years for Coke to become coc aine free. Pepsi well has never endangered life.

Sure Pepsi had problems with India, but so did the glorious pepsi:

Coca-Cola has been heavily criticised for causing extreme water shortages in developing countries where supplies are scarce.

New evidence from campaign group War on Want appears to show that Coca-Cola has had a serious impact in communities in several Indian states and in Latin America.

Extreme water shortages? Water issues

Yet again Coke is attacking health.

More than 100 people in Belgium and two in France have complained of headaches, dizziness and stomach upsets after drinking canned soft drinks manufactured by Coca-Cola.

"For 113 years our success has been based on the trust that consumers have in that quality. That trust is sacred to us," Ivester said.
SOURCE

So coke hurt more people again and I find that what Ivester said to be interesting. Trust huh? Well obviously he did not read the history of Coke to see all the lies that they have been pulling.

Answers to SQ:

1- Does Pepsi have a holiday icon that it helped deliver onto the mainstream, providing Millions upon Millions of people joy every year?

No, but I know when the parents have to break it to there kids that Santa is not real those smiles turn upside real fast. Coke just earned that kid 2 months in therapy for advertising Santa.

But I will tell you what Pepsi has NASCAR cars, bringing NASCAR fans there favorite drink.

2- Pepsi was the first in Russia, while Coke was the first to China. The Russians are near collapse, the Chinese are peaking. Do you think this a coincidence?

lol, its not when one is communist and the other "democracy".

3- Can you tell me why Pepsi had to sell KFC, Taco Bell, or Pizza Hut? Was it the possible scandals surrounding the restaurants?

I thought we were on the beverage
but anyway, I cannot tell you because I do not know.

Questions for my oppnonet:

1) Is it true that Cokes track record proves it to be dangerous to peoples health? Elaborate please on whatever you say.

2) Do you find it safe to say that Pepsi is a safer product? Elaborate.

3) Would you rather have a coke back in 1890 or a Pepsi back in the 1890's and explain why.

That Concludes my rebuttal.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Apologies, roommate was sick. Have to take my extension. Look for the reply by pm tomorrow, less than 24 from now. -JJ

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

First of all I could care less what the pope annointed or medalized amd I think that I have proven that coc aine was not removed completely until 1929, so yes they were [Sarcasm]speedy[/Sarcasm] in there removal of coc aine..lol..

So this is the argument you want to stick with for the debate? That's funny, this is the source you used, right?

Well, your own source said this;

...How much coc aine was in that "mere trace" is impossible to say, but we do know that by 1902, it was as little as 1/400 of a grain of coc aine.... no more than one part in 50 million. In an entire year's supply of 25-odd million gallons, there might be six hundredths of an ounce of coc aine.

So you are trying to pin all your hopes on the fact that there was an infinitesimal about of a drug that is actually a by-product of the coca leaf that was once used by most pharmacists?
Your own source warned you not to " be tempted to run off claiming Coca-Cola turned generations of drinkers into dope addicts." But I suppose that you missed that part in your rush to judge.

Do you know why Coke even kept that tiny part inside it's cola in the first place?

Because people like your famed Pepsi creator were creating rip-offs of the original. The owner of Coke, fearing the loss of business, only kept the tiny amount so that he could still use the name he had created.

But once again, that all comes from the source you gave me.

No Pepsi still cares more, I have shown that, it took close to 40-50 years for Coke to become coc aine free. Pepsi well has never endangered life.

So you now know the truth about this, I don't need to say it again, do I? But yet you say that...

Sure Pepsi had problems with India...

So do they hurt people, or not?
You are confusing me.

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

No, but I know when the parents have to break it to there kids that Santa is not real those smiles turn upside real fast. Coke just earned that kid 2 months in therapy for advertising Santa.

So I take it you have a source for this?
Now that, is sarcasm. (so you know)

Yes, some kids might have their feelings hurt. But then Santa brings us back even more joy as we age, reminding us of both our youth, and the family times we shared. Of course, I will admit that to be my opinion, as I doubt I can cite an accurate enough source for that any more than you can.
But you want to put Nascar up there with Santa?

NASCAR's growth slows after 15 years in the fast lane
By Nate Ryan, USA TODAY

NASCAR's popularity might have reached a plateau. As the Nextel Cup series nears the end of its first network TV contract, there are signs fan interest is lagging and a 15-year period of growth is sputtering.
Tracks don't release figures, but estimates from NASCAR reports show crowds have decreased in a third of the races this season. Fewer than half the Cup races were sellouts, and that includes two at the 92,000-seat grandstand of California Speedway east of Los Angeles, NASCAR's largest market.

The Allstate 400 at the Brickyard on Aug. 6 drew a crowd estimated by The Indianapolis Star at 240,000 — about 20,000 shy of capacity at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It was the smallest turnout in 13 seasons at the track that ranks in prestige on the Cup circuit behind only Daytona International Speedway.
Source

My guy?

Santa Claus is Still as Popular as Ever

Consider how many Christmas traditions are closely linked to one major character in our annual Christmas celebrations: Santa. There are so many traditions that are linked to Santa Claus, and these traditions only came about as the popularity of Santa Claus grew. Christmas is a magical time of year, and try to consider for a moment just how many annual traditions go hand in hand with the role of Santa Claus.
Source

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

I thought we were on the beverage
but anyway, I cannot tell you because I do not know.

Well, I thought we were talking about beverages, or one beverage against another, as well. And yet, you made that nice long list in your opening, one that included oatmeal, and numerous other foods. So are we not using that now?

Okay. I was only asking, because Pepsi bought these companies, shoveling tons of fast food garbage into inner cities, because they couldn't get anyone to buy their product. These restaurants allowed them to gain a market share. Too bad they lost market share in their pursuit, as most investors saw them as "losing focus". Source

1) Is it true that Cokes track record proves it to be dangerous to peoples health? Elaborate please on whatever you say.

I would say that Coke has been no more harmful than Pepsi in side-effects, promotion, or obesity. I don't know how to elaborate on that.

2) Do you find it safe to say that Pepsi is a safer product? Elaborate.

No.

NNNNNNNNNnnnnnooooooooooooo.

3) Would you rather have a coke back in 1890 or a Pepsi back in the 1890's and explain why.

I would have wanted the coke.
I like things original.

Question for my opponent.

What do the unbiased taste test results say? (Coke -or- Pepsi?)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

So you are trying to pin all your hopes on the fact that there was an infinitesimal about of a drug that is actually a by-product of the coca leaf that was once used by most pharmacists?

I suppose you failed to understand what exactley has been explained. It is COCAINE and if I remember correctly coc aine is one of most addictive drugs on the street and guess what: how many people back then only drank one coke? That is a huge build up of coc aine, that 1/400 is in one average sip. How may sips does it take to drink the whole can? Lets say 20 sips, that average gets boosted to 20/1800, now that is only for one grain correct? Now lets get really mathematical (time to use my calculations galore): on the street they have 1% to 95% pure coc aine, lets assume that this finite drug in coca-cola used 1%. Now 1% of coc aine (on the street) is around, lets say .5mg per sip. Now that .5mg multiplied by 20 sips is 10mg. Thats right 10mg, being pumped straight into the bloodstream,but do to coc aines quick surge and fast decline. The effects do not last long, but the urge to have more becomes stronger and stronger. That my friend is not safe, no matter how small the amount was. That is unsafe.

So you now know the truth about this, I don't need to say it again, do I? But yet you say that...

No, because it took coke 40-50's get rid of a harmful product.

So do they hurt people, or not?

No they did not hurt people, India wanted Pepsi to give them a complete list of ingredients and Pepsi did not want to do that, so they pulled out of India. Coke was taking India's water supply and putting people in danger.

Yes, some kids might have their feelings hurt. But then Santa brings us back even more joy as we age, reminding us of both our youth, and the family times we shared. Of course, I will admit that to be my opinion, as I doubt I can cite an accurate enough source for that any more than you can.

I think nearly 250 million nascar fans would love to differ.

My guy?

First of all that source is 3 years old and just Because fans do not turn up for races does not mean that Nascar is dead by any means. Down here in the south we love NASCAR.

Well, I thought we were talking about beverages, or one beverage against another, as well. And yet, you made that nice long list in your opening, one that included oatmeal, and numerous other foods. So are we not using that now?

That was an example as to what they own.

What do the unbiased taste test results say?

Unbiased, nothing is unbiased and I have no idea.

As you all have read my opponent did not elaborate on any of my socratic questions that I asked him to. Those are still vital questions, that remain unanswered.

So lets move along.

Coke- What happens inside your body when you drink a coke? Lets examine what medically happens to the body:

In the first hour this happens:

In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake) you don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.
20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst.
40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.
45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
>60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism; this is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.
>60 Minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.)
>60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish do to all the nutrients you could have used being evacuated by your body.
Coke is bad for your health..

Say what? All that happens to your body after you drink a coke! That sounds painful..

My opponent then brings jolly old St. Nick back into the conversation:

Consider how many Christmas traditions are closely linked to one major character in our annual Christmas celebrations: Santa. There are so many traditions that are linked to Santa Claus, and these traditions only came about as the popularity of Santa Claus grew. Christmas is a magical time of year, and try to consider for a moment just how many annual traditions go hand in hand with the role of Santa Claus.

Interesting, so the dutch people with there dutch Santa Claus see it all as happiness? That is very odd, because last time I checked the Dutched Santa had slaves for elves. SLAVES, that is not a happy reminder or a happy St. Nick.

and lasty my opponent stated that he would rather have:

I would have wanted the coke.

Yep you probably would because of that 10mg's of coc aine flowing through your blood stream

Oppenents Socratic Questions:

1) Seeing that cokes apparent finite does of coc aine is around 10mg, would you have wanted a coke back then? Elaborate please.
2) Seeing that coke ravishes through your body in the first hour, is it safe to say that coke is still highly unhealthy? Elaborate please.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Seeing as that JJ Nelson has now been banned. I am calling for this debate to finished and done with. I appreciate the readers who read this debate and I apologize that this could not have ended. I know that a lot of you were looking forward to this debate, unfortunately it is now over.

Thank You, MemoryShock for setting this debate and thank you readers.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This debate is forfeited to TheMythLives by technical knockout.

top topics

join