It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion? Grow up

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
reply to post by spy66

You read in your books? Which books? And what part of them are you referring to, please? Just for verification, of course.

Why do i need to do that.

Was i telling a fictional lie with my explanation. Or was i right on target. That's whats important.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Unsupported claims get the respect they deserve. Thank you for playing.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

Unsupported claims get the respect they deserve. Thank you for playing.

LoL i dont have a problem with that at all.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

That's gives us a good baseline for future posts from you. And your credibility.

Don't you hate it when people call you on your fictions though?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

That's gives us a good baseline for future posts from you. And your credibility.

Don't you hate it when people call you on your fictions though?

No i dont. I care if they can tell me if i am wrong about what i say. So i can learn something new. Who i am is not important.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

So spouting disinformation is okay by you? You're right, who you are is not important. Lying, however, is an issue, IMHO.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

So spouting disinformation is okay by you? You're right, who you are is not important. Lying, however, is an issue, IMHO.

The only mistake i made was telling you that i read specific topics. Your mistake is that you don't.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You lied. Is that a mistake under your ethical paradigm or not?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

You lied. Is that a mistake under your ethical paradigm or not?

I lied!!! That is accusation made up by you. Am i suppose to do anything about it!

You can judge me just like you want. That is your right. But you will never know the truth lol. Because you dont pay attention.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I'm simply pointing out what you said. I know I'll get little truth out of you. You don't seem to have good grip on reality, so may I just say, "You have a nice life, you hear?"

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Huh? Have you even looked at other religions prior to the rise of Christianity and Islam? All i got to say is Hinduism, read about it and read some more. Flying chariots, floating disks, it's so good you can't make it up especially back in those days. As a matter of fact, the timescale of hinduism is so close to real thing that scientist dismiss it a coincidence i remember watching the holy Carl Sagan brushing it off as coincidental and there is no such thing as coincidence.

Sorta like when when the Mongolian fleet was sunk at sea TWICE while waiting to invade Japan, the birth of the divine wind. Once can be sorta coincidental but twice? Heh..

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

I'm simply pointing out what you said. I know I'll get little truth out of you. You don't seem to have good grip on reality, so may I just say, "You have a nice life, you hear?"

Why don't you read some more and catch my lie. I do say more a lot more. The evidence are there you just have to pay attention.

How many clues do i have to give you.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

reply to post by OldThinker

"The crux is......"why do you jump to the conclusion that the hearsay is WRONG??????? "

Because it's not supported by any credible evidence in the vast majority of cases. Strange that the Egyptians don't mention the Jews being in bondage in their country, isn't it? Strange that a mob can wonder around a small peninsula for FORTY YEARS and not leave a trace behind (including mention by other mobs wandering the area). Strange that all of Jesus's "teachings" were kipped from other religions.

Stranger still that people can try to organize their lives around hearsay, stories with no grounding in reality, that require creatures equivalent to tooth fairies and the Boogie Man.

So what I hear you saying is you reject the Lord Jesus Christ as devine, based on...

1) The nation of Israel never were slaves to Egypt...
2) The nation of Israel never wondered for fourty yrs...
3) The Lord Jesus stole his doctrine from others...
4) The tooth fairy and boogie man have equivalent evidence...

?????????

Well that clears things up

OT thinks you can do better...

edit: darn 's' key

[edit on 11-4-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

You care to refute those points?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Again here is a definition of religion (leaving the aspect of God definitions out):

Religion: a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe...a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects...something a person believes in and follows devotedly..." - Webster's

Almost anything can fit into this definition, including atheism.

Once an individual leaves off labels...I am a Christian, I am an atheist, Buddhist, etc. then one may actually not be boxed, or considered religious in the true sense of the word.

I know many atheists - some family members who promote their beliefs just as much as I formerly did when I was a Christian.

I wrote this on a former post and it bears repeating:

The atheist’s use their guru's to back them up also. As a matter of fact, it is always humorous to me when I hear a Dawkins follower. Very easy on ATS! I have read his book, "The God Delusion" and find all his parishioners doing the Dawkins talk.

As a matter of fact; he is called Pope Dawkins by many, for a reason. He said in his book...

"My dream is that this book may help people come out...the easier it will be for others to join them. There may be a critical mass for the initiation of a chain reaction." Preface
"If this book works as I intend, religious readers who open it will be atheists when they put it down." Page 5

Now, isn't that a piece of evangelism????

I am anti-religion of ALL sorts. He is doing an evangelizing work that he feels is important, probably not realizing that he is no different than those of the Christian faiths he criticizes.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
If we really are evolving into a smarter race then you need to realise that you dont know anything.

False premise.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
I am anti-religion of ALL sorts. He is doing an evangelizing work that he feels is important, probably not realizing that he is no different than those of the Christian faiths he criticizes.

As a Christian, I'm anti-religion too. But I don't think most people really understand the truth behind that kind of statement. They lable, they name, they attempt to box the truths they know.
Think outside the box.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GriffinRD

As a Christian, I'm anti-religion too. But I don't think most people really understand the truth behind that kind of statement. They lable, they name, they attempt to box the truths they know.
Think outside the box.

It is interesting how Dawkins is in support of camps for children where they are encouraged to leave behind the belief in a God. Reminds me of the Jesus Camps that brain wash the children to be zealots in the name of God!

How about not doing either? What a concept! Most prefer the box.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This thread was really good. I learned a lot. The debate remained very civil. I am glad I do not think I saw one single post removed or edited by a moderator!

I was throwing stars into posts like Shaq throws brix from the baseline. Not on the basis of if they agreed with my own personal beliefs but on how good of an argument they presented.

Thanks a lot yall. I read every post.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join