It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. could face second recession next year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Although the U.S. economy is expected to return to growth later this year, there is a danger of a second recession if monetary easing and a weak dollar leads to increased inflation expectations, a report said on Wednesday. Massive stimulus spending and moves by the Federal Reserve to fuel economic activity is expected to jump-start the anemic U.S. economy in the last quarter of this year after it contracted 6.3 percent in fourth quarter of 2008. But the Fed's moves to boost the economy by slashing interest rates and buying up billions in government debt could have undesired consequences, The Conference Board, a private research group, said in the report. "If the United States experiences a too-rapid recovery, there may be a risk of another recession in 2010," said Bart van Ark, vice president and chief economist of The Conference Board.

www.reuters.com...

You think?

Why raise taxes when you can just inflate the living hell out of our currency?

It's a charade!!!

No new taxes for people making under 250,000...WRONG.

Inflation is a tax....FOR ALL.

Poor...middle class...rich.

WE WILL ALL PAY FOR THIS DEARLY.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
A second recession in 2010? I can't imagine we'll be out of THIS recession by then. But I've thought about this issue too--whenever the economy does start to recover, inflation is going to hit, and then we're all back on our butts.

And as usual, you're right David--we're all going to pay for this.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Every year that Pelosi controls the House, Reid controls the Senate, and Obama is in the White House, we will have annual recessions.

We're in a rapid, wet spiral down the toilet, and that dumb SOB Obama won't take his hand off the handle.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

That's perhaps one of the dumbest things I've heard.
REally, this liberal bashing is getting really hilarious when we all know conservative rule always = massive deficits. Why can't the retarded hicksville population see that is beyond me.

top topics

join