It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

good deed of the day thread.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Just thought I would post a thread where members can share any good deeds of the day. Mine today was treating a sweet old dear to a pack of chocolate eclairs----Ah bless.She was hovering over the cakes in Asda and told me eclairs were her fave but none were reduced.Her face lit up when I gave her the cash and lets face it I felt good.Believe me I'm not after brownie points cos I've done some stuff in the past that I'm not proud of and any acts of redemption, however small, are much needed!! But if I ever won some dough I think I'll become a supermarket lurker and treat people who are obviously feeling the pinch to some treats. I c'ant do it too often now cos I'm not working at the mo.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Wow it must be karma cos I've just checked the premium bonds site and they've just kicked up a 25 quid win!! I've only got a few as well-awesome!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This is like the smallest good deed ever, but I do it weekly.
When I go to buy groceries the shopping carts are linked together with locks, and you have to insert a quarter to unlock a cart. When finished shopping you return the cart and get your quarter back.
Every week, I leave my cart just at the entrance beside the others with the quarter still inside.
It's a small thing, but it will make someone smile that they bonused a quarter that day.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Hey it's a move in the right direction! I can only get better! I have done other small things in the past but this was the deed of the day.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I let my husband come home everyday... :shk:

but in all seriousness I do give a few dollars to the pan handlers when I see them. They usually look so downtrodden. Maybe I am a chump, but who would beg if they didn't have too, and when I am leaving the mall with a new something or other, it is the least I can do.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Little things add up..

I helped an old lady from the parking lot into a local Denny's. She had trouble walking up the curb and opening doors. My wife and I always tip more than 10% unless the service is bad..

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Just this week I found an ad on craigslist for someone in dire need of diabetic supplies. I emailed her, got her address and send her a months worth of supplies. I would normally keep this to myself, but I saw this thread and thought it was a great idea. Kudos to all who have gone above and beyond recently.

CX

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Great thread.

I stopped and helped a couple of mums (tourists) who were laiden down with half a dozen kids and shopping, they were obviously lost and couldn't find thier way to their campsite. They were about to head off through the woods where they would have been lost for hours, so i showed them to thier campsite which was about 200 yds away lol

Also did my weekly helping out of an elderly neighbour.

Donated some spare cash to the Ghurka's collection box in my local pub, and popped some change in a breast cancer box too.

CX.

top topics

join