It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert Attacks Glenn Beck (Hilarious!!!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is a piece from Tuesday's 'The Colbert Report' in which Stephen tears Mr Glenn Beck apart. I especially liked the flashback to Glenn expressing some very kind words towards some 9-11 victims' family members.
Whatever you think of Glenn Beck, I think you'll definitely get a laugh out of it. It sure cracked me up. It's definitely one of Colbert's best pieces ever if you ask me.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Bullhorn]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Your link isn't working ....

Glenn Beck is pretty good sometimes .. and then other times he comes across like a buffoon. But Colbert ... he's always

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
You know this was probably rehearsed, as we know Colbert is a comedian and his show is just a political news farce.

So I would not be surprised that this was just to make fun of how Cramer performed during his interview before.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't know why the video isn't working. The above link however will lead you to the YouTube video.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I saw that and actually agreed with the comment about the 9/11 victims families.
Does that make me unamerican? No. It actually makes me more of an American if you ask me. Let me express my opinion more.

Glenn Beck tells the truth. No matter how bad it sounds.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bullhorn
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't know why the video isn't working. The above link however will lead you to the YouTube video.

when you paste with the youtube button, you just put in the numbers, not www.youtube.com

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I know it's just a comedy show. I'm a Colbert fan, but I don't tune in to get a news update if that's what you're worried about.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Thanks for the advice, I changed it.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I cant watch it at work but if this is the one I'm thinking about from few weeks ago the next day Glenn showed the clip and declared "War on Chins" to appease Colberts concerns. He filled a good 5 minutes talking about M&M's and his diet to win this war.

If this is a new one then it's pretty sad that all these 'comedians' are left with now is picking imaginary fights and extending made-up feuds for ratings.

You don't need to be funny anymore. You just need to decide who your base demographic is and feed them to keep your paycheck coming.

I should add before the drones come in labeling be some sort of zombie that Glenn is guilty of the same thing if he's perpetuating this feud. The bulk of his audience doesnt care for Colbert or Stewart so he'd be extending the feud for the sake of easy ratings at the expense of op/ed content the show should be putting out there.

But then TV is just a business like any other and I dont watch either of their shows unless I happen to catch one in repeat on a rainy weekend so what do I know.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I know it's just a comedy show. I'm a Colbert fan, but I don't tune in to get a news update if that's what you're worried about.

I enjoy his show immensely! He's just a hoot and I laugh my ass off many times to his great antics.

But you got to remember that his character on his show is a satire of a conservative. Outside of his show he's definitely not his character.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Bullhorn

I love both shows Colbert Report and the Daily show with Jon Stewart, they bring a nice twist to reporting political news.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
That was hilarious.
I loved the bit with the shotgun,gas mask and diapers.
Hes always good for a laugh.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It is truly amazing how these dopes at Fox and other mainstream media acts were all behind all of the Bush civil liberty destruction and the corporate fascism that is running this country now. Yet as soon as Obama got elected they suddenly all got this wake up call to hey this is not right!
Colbert was right in making a mockery of Beck. Beck is a charlton; he suddenly has seen the light...oh please....he is so scripted it just makes me shake my head in disgust when I see him pretending to be upset....no tears...what a clown.

[edit on 4/2/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

I enjoy his show immensely! He's just a hoot and I laugh my ass off many times to his great antics.

But you got to remember that his character on his show is a satire of a conservative. Outside of his show he's definitely not his character.

I am well aware of that. I didn't post this video in order to bash Glenn Beck, either. Sometimes I even find myself agreeing with certain things he says, but then again a lot of things I strongly disagree with such as this comment about the 9-11 victims families. It doesn't make you unamerican (to answer your earlier post) if you agree with his statement, but I don't think anyone could claim that the government did everything they could for these families.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yea, the made up feuds shtick is kinda old right?

Everyone in media is doing it, it seems. But you got to admit sometimes it makes for some pretty good stuff.

Lou Dobbs took out Barney Frank last night. It was a pretty good watch.

But it does seem like Glenn Beck is becoming more and more the conspiracy theorist. Or crazy. Or a little from column A and a little from column B.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Satire is one of the best ways to show truth. While some might mistake it for mere comedy, it's much more than that. And Cobert is one of the great ones.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Quite frankly Colbert didn't need to even add much to the Beck clips.

The man is hilariously disturbing on his own.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Yeah except Glen was on CNN when Bush was Pres. Seriously tho what does it matter if he works for Nickelodeon or PBS or CNN or Fox? Are you that shallow?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I guess in a stretch you could call Glenn Beck "news", but Colbert is without a doubt Info-tanment.

I find my self watching either, but I usually stand on my own feet and come to my own conclusions.

However, i have been on an Anderson Cooper kick here lately after his fine reporting of the 08 Smurf Catastrophe

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Try re-reading my post again. I clearly state how I feel about FOX and as I said the other mainstream media acts. My post was not singling out Fox alone.
Besides what does it matter what network he worked for.....he was all behind destruction of our civil liberties on CNN! I fail to see your point.

ARE YOU THAT SHALLOW?

[edit on 4/2/2009 by CaptGizmo]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join