It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a Google-ATS connection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I noticed this yesterday, and thought it might be someones April Fools joke, but it is still going on today.

Whenever I open up a Google page, the little ATS symbol shows up both in the browser bar and on the windows tab.

It doesn't matter if I type in the Google adress or open it from the browser drop down menu, the little ATS symbol is there instead of the Google symbol!

I rebooted my computer too, and it still shows up!

I can take a screenshot if someone would like to see what I am talking about, but I don't know how to upload photos to this site.

I'm just thinking this is very very strange.

Anyone have any clues as to why this is happening, and is it happening to others? I hope it's not just me it's happening to..

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
You are using Google Chrome browser, right?

When you start it up, it will show your most-visited sites in that format. I enjoy the convenience... What Google is up to keeping all of our browsing habits and search habits on file, another issue completely.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thanks for that, but no, I'm still using the old Google, meaning I haven't downloaded any new Google add-ons. I've heard of Google Chrome, but I haven't even considered using it.

edited to add,
Actually, I have never downloaded anything from Google. No toolbars, nothing.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Unknown Truth]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I have this issue often (using MSIE 7) and it is not restricted to google and ats. It happens with other websites, too. I always assume that it is a code problem with my browser. It doesn't seem to hamper operation, so I never worried about it.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
That's what I use too tamusan, and I only noticed this happening yesterday.. Of all the sites I like to visit regularly , it just had to be Above Top Secret.

I thought for sure the reboot would have fixed it. Darn.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It's been happening a few months for me. It doesn't seem to cause any other issue with my computer and it is still functional. I once did a reinstall of MSIE to try to resolve it and that did not work.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Clear your cache, and for gods sake stop using IE.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

Ok, I did all that, and it has worked. Thanks!

One thing though, why not use IE?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Truth

It's unsafe, doesn't comply to web standards, is closed source, and has more holes in its code than anything else. Plus it doesn't come with an ad blocker. Using Firefox (with adblock plus) is one of the best moves you can make. There's also Opera. Using Chrome isn't much better since getting an adblocker on that is just as hard as getting an adblocker for IE.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
There is something called Google Analytics which website owners can use to track the surfing habits of people visiting their sites. It is put forward as an aid to marketers.

I started noticing it when my firewall (Comodo) started asking me if I wanted Google Analytics updater to make certain changes in my browser. I said yes thinking that it was related to Google Earth.

Now I'm really annoyed with Google. I like Internet Explorer 8, but I don't like being tracked and marketed at. However, in life there is no free lunch. I love the internet, but I only pay for my connection. If the cost of the internet includes the annoyance of marketers, I'm willing to put up with it.

new topics

top topics

join