It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert - Creditable Source - says Pharmacy's are not to reorder some drugs as per Fema..?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Well that's no help. Big FEMA/goverment secret conspiracy which he's happy to relate but teh nature of the drugs he is not. Conveniently vague. I don't know. Something smells fishy here.

Not only that, but it was April Fool's day.

Doesn't sound very credible to me, in any case.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I've been taking thyroid medication since childhood and never ever had a problem getting it until a couple of months ago.

I ordered a refill on my synthroid meds and when I went to the pharmacy to pick it up, I was told that the meds have been on backorder and they were unable to get it. So they called it in to another pharmacy across the street and I was able to get it there.

Then I asked my doctor to switch me to a different medication (Armour thyroid) because I wanted a more natural form of the medication instead of a synthetic version. Then the pharmacy said they couldn't get the dosage I needed (and neither could 2 other pharmacies that they contacted) so I had to call the doctor and have them prescribe a lower dosage pill that I would take twice daily. I was able to get that medication.

Now I just picked up the second refill on the new meds this week and they said to call in early for the next refill because they're backordered again.

This definitely has me worried. Thyroid medication is widely used and normally it's readily available. I've been taking it for over 30 years and now suddenly the pharmacies are having problems stocking it.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I agree... also the topic title throws me. It has "pharmacy's are not to order..", clearly this was bad punctuation, but meant to mean more than one.. but, the post only talks about a SINGLE grocery store.

Still waiting on the location of said store as well. Surely the "credible source" mentioned the location.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I am on morphine and wear a fentanyl patch and have had problems in the past obtaining the morphine. My pharmacy just switched back to the gel patches that were giving people problems. When I called to find out the man told me that there was nothing he could do as it was the decision of the distributor and there was some problem obtaining patches so they had to take what was available. Now that would be bad if they somehow ran out of those meds, I would be in the hospital in a matter of days after running out. very scary.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a regional grocery store chain with pharmacy's ... I was told ... I know which one I was just asked to withheld to protect to source of the leak.
and I nailed it on the third guess.

please read above posts... me thinks its just to keep the drugs off the streets if their are riots when the close the banks in Aug Sept... if that is real that is.... but it does appear the stars are aligning towards aug sept...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by frey51

My husband takes Vicodin too for severe leg pain.
He took his prescription to our regular pharmacy this month and he told him the same thing that your pharmacist told you. He said there was a shortage of this drug.
My husband had to FIND a pharmacy that would fill his prescription.
We paid no attention to it at the time but now I wonder after reading this thread.
I hope someone can find out what's going on.
Edit:
My husband just told me that our regular pharmacist told him that they have been out of this medication for 2 months but they are keeping enough on hand for the regular people but not filling any new ones.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by MagicaRose]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
a regional grocery store chain with pharmacy's ... I was told ... I know which one I was just asked to withheld to protect to source of the leak.

please read above posts... me thinks its just to keep the drugs off the streets if their are riots when the close the banks in Aug Sept... if that is real that is.... but it does appear the stars are aligning towards aug sept...

Then I call hoax. Someone with the monicker of "BornPatriot" would not hold back information that would allow others to follow leads and check facts.

In your second post of this thread you wrote... "... this needs looking into and verfied .... initial report is highly creditible... otherwise I would not post such frivous intel."

So, give us the rest of the info so we can.

This is the typical "I know the truth, but can't tell you" post.

BTW, giving away the store's location would not provide the identity of the leak, unless there is only one employee, and no pharmacy is a one-man operation.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

[edit on 2-4-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Just an FYI - A family member of mine works in the local Wal-mart pharmacy.

It is true that they will discontinue ordering "specific" drugs but I don't have those "specifics".

She thinks it is something done annually as older drugs become OTC and such but I will have her check a bit further to see if I can find out if any "newer" anti-biotic or anti-viral drugs are included.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

Capping access to Vicodin and other narcotics makes a lot of sense because they are very hot street drugs (and very easy to overdose on, ask your local ER) and much easier to obtain than crack or meth, plus you can usually pass a standard drug test on them since they are legal. I guarantee you that most people on them do NOT need it but are recreational users who injure themselves or fake problems because they are addicted, ask your local ER about that. The serious drugs like fentanyl are becoming very common on the street too and once you are addicted to a substance of that strength you are finished, plus you are screwed in an emergency because nothing short of an induced coma will be able to control your pain. Ask anyone going through late-stage cancer who is out of options and they can tell you what it is like.

I worked for several years in a retirement community and you would not believe how many health care aides and nurses were stealing medication of every type to sell or use. Everything from heart medication and insulin to painkillers, it was unreal.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Uh... did the story just change?

You said you were told this. Now you say you "guessed" on the "third guess." How do you know you were being told the truth instead of being toyed with? FEMA has no powers to regulate other agencies' domains (when New Orleans was suffering through the Katrina mess, FEMA could not and did not tell drugstores what to stock or what drugs to give.)

It sounds like someone was having a great giggle at your expense.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The only time FEMA has anything to do with prescriptions is during a disaster declared by the president, is the pharmacy in a region recently under a Presidential Disaster Declaration?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Oh lord... listen.. no conspiracy on behalf of the DEA, FDA, FEMA, APhA, ASHP, etc.

Member FredT identified what is the most contributory concern at the moment: C-II allocation as mandated by the FDA. Mallinkrodt is one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of oxycodone- and hydrocodone-containing products, and due to increase demand they have simply consumed an amount greater than initally permitted based on forecasted production. There have also been sweeping recalls throughout this quarter on many morphine and HYDROmorphone products, so demand tends to increase and is difficult to account for. Since January, there have been limited supplies available and most facilities are now on an allocation basis until mid-May at the earliest. FDA is working to provide variances for certain manufacturers in light of these events.

Secondly, you may see a slight disruption in certain C-II items per the FDA's actions regarding regulatory actions against BI, Roxane, MK, Xano, etc., specifically oral morphine solutions, some oxycodone-containing products, HYDROmorphone, etc. No conspiracy. I believe that the FDA should vest their interest in other pursuits, but that's not my call - only makes distribution and therapeutics a challenge for my facility.

Forest and Major have limited distribution of, or wholly discontinued, Armour Thyroid products as most are not FDA-approved anyways. Synthroid and related products should serve as an appropriate therapeutic alternaitve in the short-term.

Long time lurker, first time poster, oversee Inpatient Pharmacy Services for one of the largest hospitals in downtown Phoenix... there's no conspiracy despite what you overheard at the local community Pharmacy, sorry

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JoeDirtPharmD

Thank you for the response JoeDirt, and welcome to the forums.

As this thread progressed the OP's story changed too much for this to be considered as completely legitimate.

In the end, facts and cooler heads always prevail.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDirtPharmD
Synthroid and related products should serve as an appropriate therapeutic alternaitve in the short-term.

Not if the pharmacy can't get it. And when I asked... they said they don't know why they can't get it.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

You dont know too much about NAZI Germany do you buddy... and you have never worked for the USA government either.... now have you... ?

[edit on 3-4-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well gentalmen, the source should be correcting my errors any minute now... he is trying to locate this thread.... I hope he can answer more stuff than I have been able to post... I had to guess and then I realized it wouldnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out... so I agreed to keep the chain stores name out of the post....

also, I remember a few years back we had a issue with prescription drugs from Canada being re-imported... they could be related... why dont one of you malcontents do some research into the whole history of what we have been told to believe and see if there is anything that may connect those events with these events... check names, organizations etc... there has to be a rime or reason...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Still nothing? Not even an answer to my question earlier either... How about this BP, instead of telling others to research history and connect dots to make your story more credible why not do it yourself? After all you are withholding information that might be aid someones research, right?

I mean when I search: 'pharmacy' 'not' 'to' 'reorder' 'prescriptions' 'fema', I get this thread, lol. So what are we gonna do about this?

[edit on 3-4-2009 by beaverg]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

You dont know too much about NAZI Germany do you buddy... and you have never worked for the USA government either.... now have you... ?

I am still trying to figure out the relevance this has to this thread, other than a poor excuse for changing the subject.

I thought this "credible source" was coming here to back up these claims? There is no proof, and I dare say there is no "credible source".

Again, I say hoax, this is just a poor attempt at trying to "fear monger" an already on edge society.

Poor tact.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
inteligence and the mis use of it. loose lips sink ships...

technical difficulties... I would imagine... he has dial up.. and this site loads you up... and I dont know he didnt call back...
no excuses made here boss ... and its not as you claim sir......

you know the beautiful thing about America ... you knock off the general we have another before he hits the ground... and that goes for every single last one of us... E Plurabus Unum /// your side will never win ...

Hummm. interesting points you guys made.... thats all there is folks...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeDirtPharmD

How convienant....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join