It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert - Creditable Source - says Pharmacy's are not to reorder some drugs as per Fema..?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I will try again and get the preacher to sign on and post -- but he is like what late 50's caring for his elderly parents... a fine gentalmen. but a conspiracy nut... well no... he isnt by any stretch of the imagination. and thats his opinion of most of us here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There is no situation where any agency would come in and say "do not order this med from now on, it's being replaced by something newer." If something has run it's course and is now going under to make room for some newer med, the company stops making it. Plain and simple. The pharmacies then figure out which newer drugs have mostly the same therapeutic properties and replace the old med.

I'm only aware of one situation (although I'm sure there are more) where the FDA intervened with shipments of a drug and that was Paxil CR a few years ago. To my knowledge though, all the FDA did was inform the pharmacies that they could no longer fill prescriptions for the med and substitute plain old Paroxetine. Well that and seize all shipments when the recall began.

As for substitutions with generics, there are 2 simple reasons for that and neither involves some big PTB conspiracy.

Take the pharmacy I work in for an example of the first. We used Levaquin pretty much from it's approval by the FDA. About a month ago, we phased out Levaquin and started using Avelox and Cipro to treat various infections.

Compare the side effects between levofloxacin and the replacements. The therapeutic values and indications are broadened by using two meds as opposed to one broad spectrum med and it significantly reduces the occurrence of patients having adverse reactions. The same can be said for "fillers" in various generic meds. Some people have an allergy to this or that, so they can only take the brand name drug or this company's generic version or whatever. If enough people have a reaction to a filler, pharmacies will switch generics.

The other is simple enough: profit margin. Same drug, same dosage, same price charged but one is $85 cheaper per bottle. Which would you pick?

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Magnivea]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

Been there, done that and you DONT want a bleeding stomach from acetominophen. I have automimmune problems related to stomach disease and once that inflammation starts it never really goes away. It also is pure hell, I;ve been flared up for four days.

It sounds a lot like some of the drugs shortages are related to supply problems with Asian countries which produce opium and other substances used in a lot of common medications. A relative in Guam is getting her prescriptions filled on the mainland now and it a huge hassle, and very expensive.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I got the preacher on the phone,
this is typed as he is speaking on the phone...
*preacher and he is preacher I asked... duh me...
Some drugs are not to be replenished. I asked what drugs and they said they are under secrececy to not reveal which drugs are to be not replenished. the time frame is from now through out the summer these drugs will not be replenished..

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well that's no help. Big FEMA/goverment secret conspiracy which he's happy to relate but teh nature of the drugs he is not. Conveniently vague. I don't know. Something smells fishy here.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
well, FEMA is fishy I must add. and the preacher firmly believes what he has been told. so there is something here... we just dont know what it means at the moment. I am aware of another thread that stated somethinhg about the Emergency Rooms will be Federalized... wonder if they are related some how...?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well BP let's break things down. The post you are referring to (ER's being federalized) came from a YouTube video of a couple of people who are members of 'Change the Change': an anti-Obama organization. They say that a member of their group 'just happened' to be in a local police stationj on business and overheard a FEMA presentation to the police department staff saying, among other things, that the ER's would be federalized. So an anti-Obama organization claiming that the current adminsitration is doing a 'power-grab' and is going to declare martial law ans take away all our rights is the source. Second hand. And FEMA, discussing what is clearly uber-sensitive information, is willing to do it in a police station open to the public. Does that remotely pass the stink test?

So, here we have a 'preacher' who thinks people on ATS are 'conspiracy nuts' that is relaying 'secret' information from a pharmacist that 'certain' medications are not to be re-ordered. But the fact that these secret instructions are being given is OK to relate but the nature of the meds is not. Does that pass the stink test? If it was true, wouldn't FEMA be pissed that he talked about it? Or did they say, it's ok to talk about our meeting and the restyriction just not what we're restricting?

Now let's say it was true. Let's say that FEMA is aware of or involved in a regional biologiocal incident that will happen wherever it is this pharmacist lives. And that the meds being restricted were antibiotics. Can we then say that when all his neighbors are dropping dead around him that it's on his conscience?

I'm sorry. This kind of intel --- if true --- is the only way any of us can prevent catstrophe. There are plenty of forces working against us. The problem is, there is way too much BS information being circulated so, when the real deal hits, the cry-wolf phenomenon will have made it impossible to identify the real intel.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I just had a conversation with my sister after reading this thread, she just happens to be the head of the pharmacy at a local well-known chain in my area....

This is the first she has heard of this. Not saying it is not possible, but no orders/instructions of this nature have come her way yet.

-edit- Just to add, she is the individual that goes over the "pill count" weekly to make sure the right amounts are still in the store (in case a worker starts skimming off the top, has happened before), and has to approve all orders for replenishment.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The plot DOES thicken though... I did read something on another thread (sorry no link) about FEMA coffins.www.abovetopsecret.com...

A blurb in a post referring to antibiotics being siezed in CO in event of emergency:

www.infowars.com...

Related?

Edit: added link to appropriate thread

[edit on 2/4/09 by cbianchi513]

[edit on 2/4/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

I'm not surprised. But let's give the OP the benfit of the doubt. Lets say this is a regional thing. Because keep in mind, if FEMA did this with all pharmacists you know there would be some who would speak up. The smaller the area the lower that probability.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

OMG, I would trust this! Today I was in picking up a prescription and the Pharmacist told me it would be 15 minutes. So I sat down and waited and some guy came in and tried getting his prescription filled. The Pharmacist told the guy "that they no longer are filling a certain kind of perscription due to manufacturing or something." Sounded like the pharmacist wasn't sure why it was no longer made. anyways he continued on. " I will have to call your doctor and get another medication." To which the old guy replied, "Must be going to China to get manufactured."

Keep on eye on this, I am going to go and talk to my pharmacist and see what info I can get out of him.

-Kdial1

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I usually give everyone the benefit of the doubt.. Its why I still frequent this site

My question (which I forgot to ask in my post).. where EXACTLY is this "grocery store" that was told not to order said drugs?

Most "grocery store pharmacies" (not many of the mom and pop's left anymore) are also parts of national chains as well, if one of them is mandated not to do something, it would make sense they all are.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

There's a huge difference between a pharmacy not being able to get a certain manufacturer's drug than being told by FEMA not to order it. Let's keep that straight.

And yes, the grocery pharmacies are usually part of the larger chains. And anything like this would certainly find the light of day. You have to believe that there are pharmacists that would question this and word --- either from them or their friends/family --- would get out.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I heard the same story, but it was the Nuclear Regulatory Commision from a Rabbi. Funny.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Baptist mate, not babtist.

And it's a minister, not preacher.

Although, if he's a mate, i'm sure he won't mind what you call him! ;-)

Just to add...they attend chapel to worship. They don't attend church.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by spikey]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Baptist mate, not babtist.

And it's a minister, not preacher.

Although, if he's a mate, i'm sure he won't mind what you call him! ;-)

Just to add...they attend chapel to worship. They don't attend church.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by spikey]

Not to get off-topic here.....

I guess that all depends where you are located..... the predominant "religion" here is Baptist, they call it "preacher and church" here.

Back to the topic... still no word on where this "grocery store" is located? region/state/etc..

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Amen!!

Second Line

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This type of thing would come from either the FDA or the DEA (Yep DEA)

The DEA sets numbers on controlled / scheduled drug amounts for manufacture.

A drug like Fentanyl or versed will have a yearly production cap that pharma companies cannot exceed. In rare instances we will run out of a drug and have to use something else.

I checked with our pharmacy there is currently no shortages ordered or otherwise.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ok, think of it like this guys... now, if you wanted to make money in the stock market... and you stacked the deck .... sort to speak ...

or how about to reduce the numbers of legal drugs that might be taken during a riot ...

you these sort of announcing critical crap is coming out on like a daily basis lately... banks - martial law in fall... drug stores whats next...
sex is outlawed in the month of October... ?

caution my mind is working folks stand back....

[edit on 2-4-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I take meds for pain and a few months back my pharmacist told me that there might be a shortage of the particular pain meds I am prescribed (nerve damage from back surg). They had my full script then, as well as the following month so I assumed the shortage was worked out. Yesterday my wife forwarded me a message that she got from iguard about a specific pain med that the FDA was telling companies to stop making. May be related, may not be...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link to full article: www.fda.gov...

FDA Warns Companies to Stop Producing Unapproved Narcotics

The FDA recently told several companies to stop producing
oxycodone because their formulation of the product has not been
approved by the FDA for marketing. The following formulations
and manufacturers are affected by the FDA warning:

Roxanol Oral Solution, 20 mg/ml: Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane
Inc. and Xanodyne Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Roxicodone Tablets, 5 mg: Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc. and
Xanodyne Pharmaceuticals Inc.

new topics

top topics