It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert - Creditable Source - says Pharmacy's are not to reorder some drugs as per Fema..?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I dont know too much about this - that is why I am posting it here... I dont know what it means other than Fema told a Grocery Store not to order some medications once their stock is out... >?>

can anyone verify this.... the information is from a Padre/Preacher type who's friend is a Pharmist and he was told this... supposedly it is first hand. and this preacher is a close friend of mine, I dont recall being told a lie.... from him yet....

[edit on 2-4-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
***SNIP***But what meds, specifically, are we talking about?

It could be some type of phase out of a particular type of perscription stool softener, for example. Not that big a deal...

Conversely, it could be something like a maintenance blood pressure med... Now that would be news!

I'm not sure FEMA would be the authority of this notice either... Is your pastor friend sure that his/her friend didn't say FDA, and perhaps we have a case of third-hand information mixup here?

Admin Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
That was just it... the Pharmist was told it was SECRET and was not allowed to say anything at all about it... so, info is scarce and this is the only report I am aware of .... this needs looking into and verfied .... initial report is highly creditible... otherwise I would not post such frivous intel.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
So is this padre friend of yours inclined to passing on confidential information. Isn't that against one of his tenets? Can you trust a person that does that?

Now, as for the information (rumor).

It doesn't surprise me. FEMA HAS BECOME THE MOST POWERFUL ORGANIZATION IN THE UNITED STATES. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
You do realize that in a minute or two, you'll have a ton of replies from truth seekers that will be crying "foul".

Obviously a rhetorical question: Are there any sources that YOU can confirm? For example, the source you cite is a pharmacist. Do you have a location of this person? I would assume that he/she is near the preacher friend, right? That would at least be a good starting point, I would think.

My problem with this is that it isn't even really true second hand info. I still feel the pharmacist could have easily said "FDA", and the preacher (whose leanings, values, and beliefs we at ATS so far know NOTHING about) may have misconstrued it to be FEMA. Who knows... the preacher may listen to Glenn Beck, or any of the other fellas screaming "FEMA" this and that over the airwaves. I can see that happening, we're innundated with conspiracy theory and such even in the media now. That's another thread...

I also have a problem with the circumstances of the original transmission of this warning... If I have this correctly, the pharmacist says that their employer was told by (unconfirmed agency, starting with the letter "F") not to restock certain meds. This is to be kept completely secret, not to be told to the public. This pharmacist proceeds to tell the preacher this information, knowing the preacher has a public forum with willing listeners at the very least once a week...

Am I painting a clear enough mental picture here? It's kind of hard to buy this. Not saying I'm not reading... just having a really tough time reconciling the facts in front of me (none) into a tangible thing...

To answer the initial OP... I personally have no info on this, but will be following the thread because the topic interests me, having family members on meds. No S or F yet, because all you've done so far is raise a question that somebody else mentioned to you.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

Nobody said this person was Catholic... why throw this into the mix? Hand out the rope, let them hang themselves!

Sit back and watch my friend...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
My guess is he said FDA or made a Freudian slip, there are drugs thart are being phased out by manufacturers which is a normal occurence. The FDA website lists them. There are drug shortages being reported though, we had trouble getting a heart prescription refilled last week.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Nope - no guess work here boss, he said FEMA.
and I have posted all I know. I asked him to post it for accuracy and he said I could if I wanted too.... in addition, he is Babtist I do believe... I'm not sure what Babtist called their preacher so Padre/Preacher type....
I'm cherokee, so I think religion is a waste of time.. IMO

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It could also be that they are trying to abide by the recently passed law that is saying some forms of vitamin B are now illegal over the counter. They are the ones commonly used in "stress" vitamin formulations and in EXCESSIVE amounts in energy drinks and the like.
There has also been an ongoing campaign to phase out some older medications that have been replaced by newer one's. Some of my older epilepsy meds/asthma meds have already been completely taken off the market. Some older medications commonly used for alergies are also being taken off the market at this time.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
But why would they make the Pharmist swear to SECRETCY is what bugged me about this intel report. you can just not ship certain drugs... the source is a regional Grocery Store Chain's Pharmacy... there has to be someone here knows a pharmist ... give him a call .... post what you learn... I dont know any so I cant verify.... I dont go to the Doc.... never had the need.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Agreed... that's what initially bothered me about this OP. I realize you've posted all you know to be true, and are just "putting it out there", so no harm, no foul in MY book, FWIW...

I think it's "funny" that the "swear to secrecy" part was integral. "Funny" is in quotations, because it's both "funny haha", AND "funny queer". MMMMHmmm.

I know a pharmacist... I'll try to call her here now and see if she knows anything... As if she'd tell if she did. It is a SECRET!

[edit on 2/4/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Maybe he's bored and was having fun at your expense.
I work with someone like that, who has a very dry sense of humor and starts rumors just to watch them spread.

link   
Everyone lets give the OP a break..........maybe no one recognizes this OP maybe because his AVITAR is no longer up.

Always look at who the OP is when a thread is started. BornPatriot is well known here on ATS and I am sure he understands what happens when he does not post a source on this forum.

With that said lets give the OP the benefit of what he has heard. This is information that we all can question with our local pharmacist. I am sure many ATS members know one personally.

Lets take the information as a good lead and lets seek the truth instead of blasting the OP for bringing up the F word

link   
As was mentioned earlie, if there IS something to this, we need to learn what specific kinds of meds are involved. OP, do you think you can get this information? That alone may tell us what we need to know. For example, if it's a specific type of antibiotic then the flags should go up immediately.

So, OP, why not talk to your friend, have him go back to his pharmacist friend and find out A) what kinds of meds is he no to re-order B) what his (the pharmacist's) take on this is, and C) What relationship the 'banned' meds have to one another (if any)

That info will at least get us thinking in the right direction.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Bingo. This avatar thing has stricken all of us.

Second line

[edit on 2/4/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well, I dont have any proof that there is some kind of FEMA block on certain drugs, but I do have an interesting situation that you all should hear about which relates heavily.

I take Vicodin for back problems, and usually get a new script filled every month. Well this month I called in to have my script refilled and it took about 4 days to refill rather than the normal 1 or 2 at max. When I got my new bottle the pills were different.

My old perscriptions, for the past two years, have been Generic Vicodin 5/500 from a company called Mallinckrodt Medical Inc = TABLMCK. This perscription is another generic form of the same strength, but is from a company called Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals = TABLRAN.

I took a pill or two, they hit my tounge and started disolving, not quickly, but not like I am used to. The old pills had a good coating on them and there was no disolving of the pill in my mouth. I was a bit concerned and I called the pharmacy to see what the deal was. I asked the pharmacist why these disolve, as they are not rapid relase or anything special. I told him that I felt very uncomfortable about taking them, and that I wanted my old brand. He put me on hold and about 5 minutes later came back with a jumbled excuse that sounded a bit odd based on his tone of voice and delivery:

'There has been a shortage of Vicodin in the area, and we have had to resort to ordering from another manufacturer, and the old pills from the other manufacturer will not be available again. The pills are fine, they are doing what they are supposed to, the coating is the only differance as every company has their own manufacturing process.' - not exact quote, but pretty darn close

I thought that was a legit answer until I saw this thread. I looked into a few more things. Ranbaxy is a manufacturer based in India, and Mallinckrodt is based in Missouri.

Not 100% sure if this is related, but it is very suspect. I do have to say that I feel that these pills are not releaving my pain as the old ones did, and that is also a cause for concern.

I have to wonder what the heck is going on here.

Fry

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Normally the coating on pills is an enteric coating. They prevent the pills from dissolving in the stomach and allow them to disolve in the intestine. This helps prevent irritated stomach. It does seem strange that everything is suddenly being ordered obverseas. First condoms now this.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Normally the coating on pills is an enteric coating. They prevent the pills from dissolving in the stomach and allow them to disolve in the intestine.

Yeah, and the fact that this pill is obviously disolving in my stomach, could lead to an ulcer or something else. But, I do know it is disolving much faster than it should. I can suck on one and within 15 minutes at most it will be gone, but it tastes like doodoo, and is not the recomended application so I only tried it once to see how long it took.

Its almost like the PTB are really trying to take all the jobs out of the US to crash the economy even more to usher in their plans.

Who knows, but it is odd

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
My mom is a hospice nurse here in California and other sisters and older bro are nurses and surgical asistants. Will call them in about an hour and see if they have heard anything. Its only 730am here and I need to wait a bit till they are off work or wake up.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by frey51

Not to mention, Vicodin has a large amount of acetomenophen (sp?). That can make the stomach bleed, as it's got blood thinning properties, correct?

The pharmacist I know isn't working today. I called. Figures. I didn't want to sound like a crackpot and ask the one on duty an off the wall question, but I'm sure the rest of you wearing your tinfoil hats will understand...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join