It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters storm RBS office as thousands of anti-capitalists ransack the City in G20 riot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Protesters storm RBS office as thousands of anti-capitalists ransack the City in G20 riot

Note: I had trouble getting the following url to work with the default ATS "breaking news post-format", that's why I decided to use this code-format:

dailymail.co.uk...

Police were braced for another day of violence in London today after officers were pelted with bottles as they tried to save a protester dying on the street.

The man, believed to be in his 30s, had collapsed at a makeshift camp set up near the Bank of England. He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at hospital.

Protesters are already on the march in the capital again today as the G20 summit started in earnest to agree a rescue deal for the global economy.

Police have already made their first arrests this morning after demonstrators gathered outside the Stock Exchange, threatening to disrupt the financial markets.

One man was taken away by police after a brief chase and a scuffle and a second was detained for arguing with officers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
How many of these so called, protestors are working for the government? Thugs acting as protesters have been working for the bankers & world-dictators for ages.

The occult-government & their minions (especially fiat-law enforcers) love violence. They've been preparing to dominate & abuse real peaceful protesters (not the violent punks, who have been trashing their own city) for a long time; several months before the globalists/dictators even got the G20 conference started (it's more like a celebration to them).

They planned the systematic downfall of the "world-market" (global financial-system), and they want to destroy the lives of their opponents (people, who want peace & prosperity).

www.dailymail.co.uk...

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Yeah the funny thing is the cops stood back and let them get on with it.
The cops were inside the bank as well and just looked on as they smashed up the place!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The police need more money and what brings in more money for the police, more crime. Having a police force, will only increase crimes, as the police will be put there trying to cause it, and destroy people into doing stuff.

All this violence is just the police, and like you say them standing there, means they are compliant in the acts, as they are there to protect the place.

All bull.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
Yeah the funny thing is the cops stood back and let them get on with it.
The cops were inside the bank as well and just looked on as they smashed up the place!

That's not entirely true.

The Police weren't there in great numbers and so it kicked off. But when they did arrive they did push people back and contain them in the street. And battles did break out between them.

I have no doubt that most of the Police are sympathetic to the anger, and they are probably not happy defending a scumbag corporation, but they need their job and have to do as they are told.

But...
Those officers who waded in boot-first, kicking and hitting peaceful protesters last night, should be damned ashamed of themselves. They're disgusting thugs. They don't work for the people, they protect the elite like some private security service.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
These morons who are busy trashing buildings and fighting in the streets are just mindless sheep who believe its ok to smash up anything they dont agree with

Well, I dont agree with their politics, so do their actions give those who have an opposing ideological viewpoint, the right to turn up where they live and smash up their property?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Sorry but the headline is slightly misleading.
Ransacking the City? Don't think so , 1 Office ( the RBS building) was 'damaged' with broken glass and vandalised equipment.

Riot? Dont think so, A few 'scuffles' with the Policy Farce.

Riots indicate a full blown war between the Policy Farce and the public.

Plus citizen smith above is right, these people have no intelligence to realise that when they 'smash' a publically owned company that they have to pay extra taxes to cover the damage they inflicted, if you want real results go for the privately owned companies.

Rothchilds and others for a start.

But it seems to me that the Policy Farce wanted the public fury to be vented out on one building, and of course the only building that DIDN'T have boarding up was the RBS building?.
Sounds fishy to me. Like TPTB and the Policy Farce wanted them to trash it to make the crowds happy.

Thats why they didn't interfere till later.

[edit on 2/4/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Its a case of the authorities allowing the crowds their little victory to keep them happy, but making it clear that that's all they will be allowed

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
A few points to make on yesterday, I wasn't down at the demonstrations because I had to do some work but we had a guy in the city with live streaming video out onto our website.

From all that I can gather the only building at Bank that was not boarded up was this RBS office in question, that to me is a bit suspect akin to a red rag to a bull and when you see photos of the 'anarchist' breaking a glass window surrounded by a press corp of at least 25 photographers you know this was to get the story that was required.

How come there's nothing much in the (UK) national press about the workers taking over the Visteon factory? Or the fact that the BBC News at 10 didn't report on what Sarkozy and Merkel were saying?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Sorry but the headline is slightly misleading.
Ransacking the City? Don't think so , 1 Office ( the RBS building) was 'damaged' with broken glass and vandalised equipment.

Riot? Dont think so, A few 'scuffles' with the Policy Farce.

Exactly, nothing happened, and anything that did happen, was probably provocateurs, by the police. How do you know a policeman in civies, you cannot, can you.

It is just they do not get pulled in by the police after.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Somebody posted a thread earlier where you COULD tell the agent provocateurs from the general crowd , by their boots , they're the same as the general Plods wear, comfort and all that mallarkey.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

That's because they looked at their faces and said, "hey, there's joe! wonder if he wants to get a donut with me once he gets his riot gear back on!"

#ing pigs.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yes I did consider that the AP were out in force.

Wonder how tonight will turn out...?

new topics

top topics

join