It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Blackwater? Chicago Mercenary Firm Gets Millions for Private "Security" in Israel and Ira

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Obama's Blackwater? Chicago Mercenary Firm Gets Millions for Private "Security" in Israel and Iraq

www.alternet.org

On the campaign trail, Barack Obama's advisers said he "can't rule out [and] won't rule out" using mercenary forces, like Blackwater. Now, it appears that the Obama administration has decided on its hired guns of choice: Triple Canopy, a Chicago company now based in Virginia. It may not have Blackwater's thuggish reputation, but Triple Canopy has its own bloody history in Iraq and a record of hiring mercenaries from countries with atrocious human rights records. What's more, Obama is not just using the company in Iraq, but also as a U.S.-government funded private security force in Israel/Palestine, operating out of Jerusalem.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.triplecanopy.com

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It was only a matter of time before Obama implemented this and put his own people in place, as he refused to rule out using private firms during his election bid.

It's curious that the firm is from Chicago, where Obama made his political name.

Surely it can't be too long before a personal connection is made between Obama and this security firm, which has been as guilty as Blackwater in some respects of abuses.

Looks like another round of "jobs for the boys" as those in power continue to stick together.

If and when the connection is made, we will see that campaign promises about change were merely empty rhetoric.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
So, if you read the article, it clearly states that Triple Canopy has had a government contract to provide security in Iraq since 2004 and has also been contracted to provide security in Israel since 2005. Aside from the fact that the company originates from Chicago, as many companies do, I see no direct, or even indirect association with Obama, at least not in a negative or sinister context...actually, if anything, there is a clear connection to the Bush Administration that is mentioned, stating:

Along with Blackwater and DynCorp, Triple Canopy has had armed operatives deployed in Iraq on a major U.S. government contract since the early stages of the occupation. At one point during this arrangement, Blackwater was responsible for Baghdad (the largest share of the work), DynCorp covered northern Iraq and Triple Canopy southern Iraq. Triple Canopy also worked for KBR and other corporations.

Triple Canopy has worked for KBR, KBR is directly linked to Halliburton, Halliburton is directly linked to Dick Cheney.

So, what I'm seeing in this article is the wrongs of the Bush Administration coming around to haunt the Obama Administration. I suppose that if he had signed an executive order to remove all contracted security forces of said contracts, we'd be having a completely different conversation right now...as well as a lot of pissed off Mercs. walking around jobless...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
definitly a connection i dont think its a bad thing i mean if you stick around a motercade of people not in a uniform with big guns and act sus and stare an point and aproach id probably shoot you as well. the forces kill lots of civillians in simillar types of incedence's its easire for them to deny it as the represent big fking countries i dont think there trying to kill civillains for fun of it the might enjoy it but the not trying to muder people for mo reason sure they take cillivians and touture and black mail them for investors but thats how govenments are built

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Oh, say it ain't so!! Barry would never associate himself with such an organization
The Chicago connection is very interesting indeed. I wonder if Barry and his handlers ever used these guys on a local (chicago) level to keep certain people in line. The Halliburton connection is Hilarious.

I highly doubt that any Obama disciples will come to his defense on this issue.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well, I'm one of the people who has held their peace about obama - a policy of wait and see.

I find this sadly unsurprising, although I'm hopefull he'll do more good than harm.

I know a previous poster said that this firm has been in Iraq for some time, but for me this is the interesting bit:

Beginning May 7th, Triple Canopy will officially take over Xe/Blackwater's mega-contract with the U.S. State Department for guarding occupation officials in Iraq. It's sure to be a lucrative deal: Obama's Iraq plan will inevitably rely on an increased use of private contractors, including an army of mercenaries to protect his surge of diplomats operating out of the monstrous U.S. embassy in Baghdad.

source

So, even though they have been in place for a while, they are taking over from blackwater.

It will be interesting to see how Obama responds to any allegations against this new lot...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

So, even though they have been in place for a while, they are taking over from blackwater.

It will be interesting to see how Obama responds to any allegations against this new lot...

Its hardly that interesting. The company was formed in 2003 in Chicago, in 2005 its headquarters moved to Fairfax, VA. They are comprised of Special Forces Veterans, as well as other professionals. Since the controversies created by Blackwater and Dyncorp they have emerged as the largest and most efficient of private security agencies operating within Iraq, while still managing to not land themselves in "too much" trouble. Who is supposed to take over for Blackwater?(which, by the way was created by faaar-right Fundamentalist Christians and former Military personnel.) This is the simple reason as for why they are the ones gaining the government contracts. Those who want to find fault in the Obama Administration for this will certainly ignore the facts...but in a good operation, you reward the people who do the job well....

...and as for there being a "Chicago connection" between Triple Canopy and Obama....I find it hard to believe, considering that in the 2004 election, 3 of the top level executives of Triple Canopy were supporters of the Bush-Cheney Administration, donating $2K each(the maximum individual legal donation) as well as placing large donations to the RNC If they were in league with Obama and the Democrats in some way...why were their top executives donating to the Republicans and the RNC....

I say, find the evidence, look at who these individuals are linked to...its not hard to have a look...I have...and the only connections I see are to the usual Military-Industrial Complex organizations and the Republicans...if there is a real, sinister connection, I'll eat my hat....and I'm mad about my hats...

Sourcewatch

[edit on 2/4/09 by madhatr137]

new topics

top topics

join