It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too Many Male Dinosaurs!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well that's a theory atleast. They analyze dinosaurs through a reptile point of view and birth rather than a mammals. Seem plausible.
story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20040421/od_nm/dinosaurs_dc

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Apparently crocodiles and the likes gender is determined that way as well. Seems valid to me.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
How exactly did the asteroid kill off the dinosaurs? Did the actual impact destroy them all? Or did the dust rise up and block out the sun and cause the ice age? Am I off my rocker? I've always been unclear about this. Who wants to help me?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Supposedly, the meteor/asteroid/whatever came down, killed all the plant life, and made it really really cold. With this new theory, they thnk that the temperature determines the sex of the dinosaur, and colder weather = male, so within a few generations they think all the other dinosaurs died. I guess we will never know, untill some crazy bastard scientist creates a time machine, and #s history up. mabey by teaching dinosaurs how to use incubators or something...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
am i that crazy scientist!? oh how i wish i was, but i suck at science and mechanics way to much to create such a thing... i think i'm stuck with law. oh the things i could have done!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I dont understand why the stll look at dinos like reptiles.

They had a four chamber heart more like a mammal or bird.

Frogs can change thier sex, If dinos where reptiles, they might have had this trait.

This is like anything else, make it up till proved wrong.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Interesting theory...
But about that sex cahnging frogs and dinosaurs ... well, the frogs are in fact amfibiens and dino's are compared with reptilians... So I guess that wasn't their case!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ess Why Kay
How exactly did the asteroid kill off the dinosaurs? Did the actual impact destroy them all? Or did the dust rise up and block out the sun and cause the ice age? Am I off my rocker? I've always been unclear about this. Who wants to help me?

Nobody knows. But the 'raise the temperature and change the sexes' is an interesting suggestion. They could check it out if they find enough fossils.

And dinos are reptiles, Cobra (but frogs are amphibials) -- crocodiles (which change sex according to the temperature of the eggs) are reptiles.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyJaguar

And dinos are reptiles, Cobra (but frogs are amphibials) -- crocodiles (which change sex according to the temperature of the eggs) are reptiles.

I miss spoke about frogs being reptiles, wasnt thinking straight. sorry.

There is no proof the dions are reptiles. Most theroys now point to bird like animals. If you need I can find some links to support this. just say the word.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyJaguar

Originally posted by Ess Why Kay

temperature of the eggs) are reptiles.

In snakes you can change the patterns on thier scales, by changing the egg temp also.

top topics

join