It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Love You!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

I just like to add this:

Matthew 5:43-48

You have learned that they were told, “Love your neighbor, hate your enemy.” But what I tell you is this: Love your enemies and pray for your persecutors; only so can you be children of your heavenly Father, who makes his sun shine on good and bad alike, and sends the rain on the honest and the dishonest. If you love only those who love you, what reward can you expect? Surely the tax-gatherers do as much as that. And if you greet only your brothers, what is there extraordinary about that? Even the heathen do as much. There must be no limit to your goodness, as your heavenly Father’s goodness knows no bounds.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

This is why I stated that people must be viewed as being a single entity, not a Christian, Muslim, Jew etc.... This prevents you from really loving ALL the peoples of the world. In many books of religion you will find writings that justify the murder and torture of another human being for their purpose. In my eyes there should be no reason to murder another human being. If our societies were run correctly and not by our religious 'beliefs' then this would not be a problem. Those that have killed would be dealt with appropriately in accordance and within properly thought out solutions. Unfortunately, right now our solutions are mostly based on religious beliefs. These 'Beliefs' carry little in the way of logic. We have some saying that Gitmo is doing the Lords work.... What Lord are we talking about? He sounds evil to me...

I tend to find my words of love away from any religious writings... This link may explain why... it's the Bible... Please do read the love that they wish Christians to follow.... I followed it for 46yrs..

I'm just trying to tell all that we're being deceived by the 'church' itself and must think as a single person.... Don't become part of the collective that is used to create these factions that divide the masses.

Peace and Love
Rgds

[edit on 3-4-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

[edit on 3-4-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I love you too mate

Sometimes we see love as if it was some expresson of weakness, but love actually is able to break barricades, to demolish mountains: love is the best expression of strenght, and each human being should be proud to be able to love.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Nice sentiments mate.

It would be nice if everyone could show how strong they are and let someone know without a feeling of guilt. We've been herded into a mentality where we think we should be ashamed of our love for our fellow man and thereby conceal it.

We only want to be the smartest species on the planet...

Rgds

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well I think it is time for a viewing of Dance Monkeys Dance for those who might have missed it.

Aaarggg!

I don't know why I can't post youtube vids anymore. I thought you copied and pasted the url using the address after the = sign. Oh, well here is the link if anyone wants to have a look.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-4-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Love is overrated,its a chemical and psychological function..it doesn't mean anything specific and doesn't happen in any specific circumstance,it can occur for many different reasons and are not all related to nice things.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

THank you InterestAlways..

I've never seen that one before and thought it very neat in the least... My son and I had just talked about apes and our relationship to them this morning...

**added*** in a Darwinian type of discussion....

Coincidence eh???

Thanks

[edit on 4-4-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

How can something that should be the fundamental building block to making the world cognizant of another's feelings be overrated? Love doesn't have to come at a cost. There is nothing expended and no energy exerted to show a person love, only the understanding that that person has a right to their feelings. Our society has been slowly taking away our rights to basic freedoms. With the loss of some of these freedoms we seem to feel that those that cry out for those rights to be reinstated are asking for something that may take from someone else.

Everyone has the right to freedom, but not at the expense of security. They make the population think that giving up certain rights will assist with the terrorist conspiracy. Rules can suppress love and certain acts of love.

As to the chemical feeling.. I think your talking about sexual love and that when your with someone your intimate with. There is a good feeling that is released from the brain when you feel that someone has expressed love. I've recently experienced that, which led me to writing this thread. It's an incredible feeling to be told that someone loves you because your you and a human being and they make you feel it. Wherever the feeling came from, be it chemical, psychological or what, its a very powerful feeling and one that awakes the senses....

Rgds

[edit on 4-4-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It appears my message is too long or some don't wish to reply. I hope the message is clear and that some are at least reading. I only want for you too see another person as you would want them to see you, as a feeling human. If I want the respect, right to choose my beliefs, and freedoms of life, then I should not expect anything less for the other person. Not one person's rights should impinge on another. Just thinking about this when you encounter someone of another group may aid in a little bit of better understanding towards their feelings and expectations in life. After all, they only want the same as you.

Peace and Love to All

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

I dont think you are understanding what im saying.You are putting love in a box and saying definitively its *this* or that*.All im saying is that love can manifest in a variety of forms and a variety of situations where you would deem it not love but hatred or savagery,when in actual fact it is love just not the kind of one you adhere to.Its subjective and not definitive.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Very nice post! I have friends who I have met online that I love like family. I dont think you need to meet someone to love them. I am a very giving and loving person by nature. My friends and family all say I love you before we leave each other or say good bye on the phone. You are right it does make you feel good when someone says it. Love is a great thing!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thank you for your reply MB

Yes, I would agree from the responses I've received and from posts I've noted throughout my meanderings on ATS, I would have to say that you don't have to meet someone to love them. We are all on the same side after all. I just think some don't realize the extreme they are doing against their fellow man at times.

Peace and Love

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I just wanted to say that all you need is "LOVE" people...
Love is the answer to the question...
Love makes the world go 'round...
Love is a frequency... twice that of hate...
Love negates hate, fear and all that goes with it...
Love will make you only see the good...

You have the power to change your view of the world... See the positive in the world and the world will show you another side. Forget the negativity on ATS... this is a distraction from you yourself... created to help see your world the way it is in your head... with little to no control... You have the power to reverse this and see the world in a positive light like nothing else you've seen...

Its called Awakening.... Or Nirvana...

You can experience this also. Just drop the negative flow that is coming from your mind and go with the positive...

Love will set you free...

I wish I could share with all of you the feelings I've had since this awakening has happened to me... trust me and try it... you have the power to change this world if you wish... Only the square root of one percent of the population of the world is needed to make a change using the power of positive thinking.

I love you all...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join