It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Find Baffling Link between Autism and Vinyl Flooring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Scientists Find

www.sciam.com

Children who live in homes with vinyl floors, which can emit chemicals called phthalates, are more likely to have autism, according to research by Swedish and U.S. scientists published Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Razmear23]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This might even be more plausible than Mercury in vaccines as a cause of Autism.

Thanks to the Sweeds for researching this. I'm sure the Vinyl Flooring lobby in the US would never let this research go forward here.

eb

www.sciam.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
An interesting correlation here. Of coarse mercury pumping through your veins can't be good for you either.. Any causes of autism are probably going to be many though.. Especially in our toxic society.
When I was in the Air Force I was pumped full of anthrax that was disseminated to the entire military fighting force without being tested on humans prior to its release.

Alex Jones talks about the Vaccine, mercury debacle every once in a while too and it's interesting how even though the creators of the vaccines said the mercury was well-below unsafe levels it was later found that they have something like 500 - 600% safe levels of mercury.. And they're putting this stuff in kids and infants. God knows what other long-term, ill effects can be caused by artificial sweeteners (alot of them toxic) or food preservatives.. And not to be crass here.. But I'm surprised half of us aren't brain damaged and drooling into towels already. Artificial sweeteners are designed to basically go straight to the brain (Alot of them are found in everything from carbonated sodas to chewing gum). Yet all of this is in our food when we have no idea what we're doing to ourselves.. Pretty shocking when you think about it all.

-ChriS

[edit on 2-4-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Autism is like cancer or schizophrenia in that no one thing causes it. It's a broad term for a conglomerate of symptoms. Autism is more than likely the result of several gene mutations interacting with our environment, whether that be the air we breathe, the garbage we eat, or what is pumped into us (vaccines) starting just after birth.

Funny I posted the first sentence like that. Now that I think about it, all three of those diseases are most likely caused by the above mentioned. Faulty genes interacting with the environment.

I think unless we get really creative with some sort of global air scrubbers, ocean scrubbers, and start using common sense with what we produce, humanity will be much weirder in the not so distant future. Mutations out the whazoo, and epidemics being the norm.

Hopefully, I'm dead wrong.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Sounds like a few movies I've seen.

You're absolutely right in thinking these problems have multiple factors contributing to them. As you said, like cancer, there is no one cause, rather a myriad of factors that can increase the chances of it occurring.

In fact, people being paranoid over single things claiming they cause certain ailments is one of my pet peeves. People really need to read up on the ailments they're freaking out about.

Cancer is one of those such ailments... I really wish they would stop saying "this CAUSES cancer" and say the truth "This can contribute to the chances of cancer".

Live cells being corrupted by fungal spores feeding of neighboring dead cells is what triggers the bad copy... can you eliminate dead cells? Nope. Can you eliminate fungal spores? Nope. Can you ensure the cells don't get corrupted? Nope.

So basically, you can't prevent cancer, all you can do is keep your chances low by avoiding creating an excess of dead cells, avoid excessive fungal spores (good luck with that one, they're in everything), and get yourself checked regularly.

Lets face it, in the end, it could be argued that life is the cause of most ailments.
If you took all the ailments you could find, and eliminated the causes and contributing factors... you'd be dead.

On a separate note, I wish the people avoiding calories would hurry up and starve.
... some people just aren't intelligent enough to keep saving.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Anyone can make that link.
Vinyl flooring is one of the most common flooring types in the US.

Scientist find baffling link between the lack of autism and dirt floors in the US in homes with kids.

top topics

join