It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man detained and harassed at airport for carrying CASH!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Man detained and harassed at airport for carrying CASH!

www.youtube.com

See video
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Steve Bierfeldt was detained at St. Louis Airport by TSA and in a windowless room he turned on audio recording on his cell phone.

In this video, they play the interigation that was recorded.

Simply horrifying.

Is this illegal detention the way things are going?

Its not like there was a suitcase with 100K. It was only 4 or 5 thousand.

He did have Ron Paul bumper stickers and the money was from book sales etc..
He was from campaign for Liberty

Check it out

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-4-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
If you listen the guy was clearly trying to make an issue out of this. They say in the background he was causing issues when they were trying to get him through the normal check lines before they even brought him in there.

A guy that was acting out of sorts has 5,000 dollars in a box and is trying to not answer questions. If he would have just said hey I made it this weekend selling books and bumper stickers ( yeah right), they would have let him go.

This guy will probably be getting a checkup from the IRS also. Somebody making that much money over a weekend in cash alone probably isn't claiming it all.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Pass enough stupid laws, and authorities will abuse people who have committed no crime.

If this guy wants to carry 5k in cash with him, that is his business. Guess what is not the cop's business -- why he has 5k cash with him.

Show me a law that says you're not allowed to carry cash, and I'll agree. Otherwise, these cops were way out of line. Clearly he was not a threat, and he was not suspicious -- he was simply standing up for his liberties, which too many Americans are far too quick sacrifice for the sake of "security."

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

The problem is we don't know what was said or done to get him in that situation in the first place. I'm betting since he was quick to get it recorded he also tried to get it setup.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Clearly the TSA overstepped its authroity as there's nothing illegal about carrying cash to board a domestic aircraft.

Over 10k in cash is supposed to be declared if you're going through customs - otherwise Carrying cash within the U.S. is not illegal. He had roughly 5k - nothing illegal about that.

Thus the man could of carried over 10,000.00 dollars legally because he was traveling within the U.S.

Amazing that we give these bumbling idiots at TSA a job to do and suddenly they think they're the damn Gestapo.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

The officers had no reason to detain this person. These TSA security officers, like many law enforcement officers, were on a power trip. This is typical of anyone who wears a badge, they hate to have their authority questioned. The officers were asked a simple question, "am I required by law to answer?", instead of answering this simple, legal question with "no" they instead began trying to intimidate the detainee. Though I too find these situations appalling, they are sadly quite typical.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
They had no reason to detain him, or threaten to take him to the police station, he had done nothing wrong. He commited no crime, having cash on you is not illegal.

I'm sure that the fact that he had Ron Paul bumper stickers, and literature on him gave them more incentive to detain him than the money did.

He doesn't have to worry about the IRS unless he had over $10,000. in cash.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The whole airport security gig is nothing but another joke in a long list of control games ...we all know that here. Holding people for cash/baby milk/and scissors..... shameful. I agree that once given a badge most abuse the power. There is alot of places that don't even except cash. Im looking forward to seeing this grand facade fall on its face

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
this is crazy, so this is a Ron Paul associate?

lol

this is obviously somehow related to the MIAC report

forget 5k, he could have had 7 thousand dollars, whatever

it's money!!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This sort of thing needs nipping in the bud real quick. I wonder if these pigs would be so quick to harrass this sort of passenger if the law said that the individual who was being falsely detained had the right to lethal self defence. That would be interesting. You could just send ex marines through the airports every month to make sure no one is over stepping the mark, and god help them if they do

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
We shouldn't blame the poor suckers at TSA, they were told that people who use words like 'rights' and 'liberty' and 'constitution' are likely homegrown terrorists.

And then there's the Ron Paul sticker, a clear sign that he is a threat to the government and therefor all of the people of the nation.

[/sarcasm]

Truth is, if (and that's a big 'if') this person was setting them up to record their activities, they should have 'surprised' him and let him pass unharassed.

Instead it was obviously about who was going to 'win' the encounter. Armed people usually do.

By the way, for those of you who accept the traditional understanding of it being 'his' money..., I've got bad news.

You can't own money - it's the property of the Federal Reserve Bank..., check it out..., the IRS enforces that law, as well as the Treasury.

You may be authorized to have it, you may be an agent of commerce, but it is never 'yours'. It used to be...., but that was a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It has been a law for some time now that you are NOT allowed to carry cash on airplanes anymore.
My Future sister in law went to Hawaii to see her daughter who is getting a wedding ready for this May. She was told on the phone that it isn't okay to carry cash; to bring a credit or debit card if she need to buy anything at the airport or on the plane etc. She could have someone Western Union her cash or do it herself and have it waiting when she got there.
It is common knowledge these days that it isn't okay. So I will have to agree that perhaps he set himself up for this one knowing it wasn't okay in the first place.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
! Not allowed cash ? Im pretty sure the Bank Of England owns all the notes it prints and the coins it mints, but if they tried palming us Brits off with a law which prevented us from carrying coin of the realm I think there would be a civil war!!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
First off, this discussion should NOT be about the guy being detained by the TSA and grilled. This is NOT about that. What this is about is that FOX NEWS and other MSM were NOT reporting in this fashion about things like this when the Bush administration was in. When he was in and it was all about party lines and such all was well with the TSA and security. They were 'doing their job' when he was in. Now that Obama is in the focus has changed. I'm not saying that the TSA was right or wrong. Personally I would suspect someone with that much cash on them as well. However, what this is about is the comments afterward about a fascist government and blah blah blah.

People, please wake up. The spin cycle is on full swing right now. This is a bunch of BS to try and continue to divide and conquer. Now the right is going to be like "Ron Paul, RON PAUL...." blah blah blah when they were slamming the hell out of the man just last year and barely giving him ANY air time. It's a joke. It's all about agenda.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
GREAT find!! I am so proud of my ATS friends for digging these things up!

Spread this video all over the net! Let's viral video this sucker!

O-315

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Unfortunatley this guy may have to spend his wad of cash on a lawyer to defend himself. All he had to say is He would like a lawyer, then the questions would have to stop.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by 38181]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
These TSA officers are bumbling idiots on a power trip who feel that violating civil rights is fun for them.

Sickening.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
It has been a law for some time now that you are NOT allowed to carry cash on airplanes anymore.
My Future sister in law went to Hawaii to see her daughter who is getting a wedding ready for this May. She was told on the phone that it isn't okay to carry cash; to bring a credit or debit card if she need to buy anything at the airport or on the plane etc. She could have someone Western Union her cash or do it herself and have it waiting when she got there.
It is common knowledge these days that it isn't okay. So I will have to agree that perhaps he set himself up for this one knowing it wasn't okay in the first place.

"Common knowledge"?!?!?!? I've always carried cash on airplanes, and nobody's ever made an issue of it before. Sure, it wasn't $5K but still, what you're saying sounds kinda fishy. Would you mind pointing out the statute or case law you've based this conclusion upon?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

Show me a Regulation on the TSA website stating your claims please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join