It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOIA Request to See If I Was Secret Surveillance Subject - How?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
In 2005, I experienced several things that made me very paranoid that I was being surveilled by the government. I am thinking about filing a Freedom of Information Act request to find out, but needed guidance on how to do this, which agencies I should contact.

Here are the experiences:
(1) In June 2005, I was to travel to Paris for a summer institute in international and comparative law (I am an attorney). When I went to the French consulate in Boston for a visa, they kept my passport. I was sure that this was some sort of violation, but I was also sure that something was up. They said they would mail me my passport, and the visa, in 3 days. My flight was in two days, and I didn't think I needed a visa anyway, if I went on a tourist visa, so I tried to board the flight to no avail. I called the consulate, and representatives of the French government arranged to meet me at Out of Town News in Harvard Square, Cambridge, Mass. This is a newstand in the middle of the town. At this point, I thought things were very odd, it was all very cloak and dagger. I was "interviewed" by a man, his business card said he was an Attache, whatever that is. After about 30 minutes of questioning, who I was, schooling, plans in Paris, my feelings about being American, my thoughts on 9/11, et cetera, he gave me my passport back, and off to Paris I went. Nothing much happened to me while in Paris, other than being invited to London by Brazilians who were at the institute, which is when the 7/7/05 bombings occurred, allegedly perpetrated among others by a Brazilian electrician, who was shot and killed.

(2) After Paris, I returned to Miami where I was living, and in September 2005 attended a symposium on Intellectual Property Law given by the United States Patent and Trademark Office. At the same time, the national sherriff's convention was being hosted in Miami. After the symposium, I was scheduled to fly to Denver, and then drive to Vail, Colorado to attend a lecture given by Supreme Court Justice Scalia. This event was to be heavily secure, since Justice Scalia has a Secret Service detail. I thought that I might be on a list after the French Consulate experience, so I was curious as to what would transpire. Sure enough, I was searched at the airport, and for the flight to Denver was assigned to a seat between two sherriffs who were returning home from the convention. They both interrogated me for most of the flight about my background, schooling, politics, reason for attending Justice Scalia's lecture, and on and on. I dutifully answered. After the flight, after we deplaned, while walking to baggage claim in the Denver airport, one of the sherriffs came close to me, and whispered in my ear "They are watching you, be careful" and then he nodded to the man in a green camouflage uniform patrolling the airport. I got away from the sherriff, and collected my bags. In the van ride to the lecture, I was interviewed by a retired FBI agent who was a law professor. The lecture was uneventful, other than being glared at most of the time by the secret service agents, who circled around me whenever I tried to talk to Justice Scalia during the breaks.

(3) After the lecture, I returned to the East Coast and then decided I would take a sabbatical for a year and live in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and ski and work on a novel idea I had. So I drove from DC, and was pretty manic at the time. I drove for about 50 hours straight, and was very delirious during this ride, and during it things got weird with the Onstar/XM radio. To keep myself awake, I began to say aloud the names of the songs on the XM radio that were displayed. After a while of this, the radio began to announce with a bing, and then the female computer voice would say the name of the song, after I said it. I thought that was cool. Then I had the idea to request songs, and sure enough, when I said the name of a song aloud, the song would be the next one ... (cont'd) ...

[edit on 1-4-2009 by greenorbs]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by greenorbs

... to play on the radio. This went on for quite some time. I was very manic at the time, so it all made perfect sense. I surmised that I was on a list, and that I was being tracked via the Onstar system, and that they were entertaining me. I drove for many days, heading to Colorado Springs, Colorado for a Homeland Security conference, and then wound up in Teton Village, at Jackson Hole Ski Area, where I rented a condo.

One day I went for a drive north around Yellowstone, then east, then south, and then west back to Jackson Hole. I got lost, and had thrown away my CD for the map, and was still being entertained by the radio. I was actually speaking to the listeners, telling them all my crazy manic thoughts. Here is where it gets weird: at an intersection in a small town, I had a choice, for the road back to Jackson Hole. I had no idea, and was low on gas. So I asked the Onstar, without pressing the button, which way was correct. No answer. So I said aloud "I'm going left," and went left. I asked "Is this correct?" and the display on the radio read "Semper Fi" and the radio began binging over and over. That confirmed the military surveillance for me. I know Wyoming is a secure place, so this made sense.

One other event was this: I was on another long drive near Green River, on a two lane road, low on gas, heading nowhere. Before I was on empty, the system began to tell me that I was low on fuel. That was correct if I continued, because the distance to the last gas station was approaching the point of no return. So for some reason the listeners/surveillers warned me about the gas, way before I was less than a quarter tank.

I should add that I was driving a Burgundy Hummer H2 SUT.

My question is how do I find out if I was/am in fact on a list? Which agencies do I contact with the FOIA request?

Another weird experience: my mother attempted to mail me bean bags, during the anthrax scare in 2001, and the FBI showed up on her doorstep to interview her about the package, because the bean bags broke open and contained a white powder.

If you have any insights on how to do a FOIA, or would like to share experiences, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

P.S. I left out the manic/psychotic/delusional/hallucinatory aspects of what I was thinking during all this due to my having unidagnosed bipolar disorder, but suffice it to say this post was fairly similar to my thought impression of what was going on. I.e., when I would think about turning right or left, the computer voice on the Onstar would then say right or left.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Google is your friend
www.usdoj.gov...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you, I need to find an attorney to help me with this.

top topics

join