It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a apology to make

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
i know this thread could be deleted before anyone reads it but here i go.

For many years i have been against people coming over to britain who are not British to find work because i thought they were not worthy of our jobs. when they had their own countrys.

today just changed my mind i am working 11 hours a night at a building site and theres a polish guy hes great at his job, enjoys working and is a great laugh and whilst we were working some guys came up and started calling him and saying oh your taking my job, i am unemplyed i could be working here ECT. I said how long u been unemployed they replied 3 months i suggested looking for work in an other country like my fellow work did, they said no it was to much hassle.

so bascially i now admire this guy who is taking the chances looking for work no matter how scary it is. They are not sitting around waiting for a pay out.

my beliefs has changed for the better and i just thought i owed people an apollogy for my shallow thoughts. thats all

thanks
sorry this is a mess i have just got in from work and i am tried but felt i had to post this.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
That was cool of you to say. No man that's just looking to work to feed his family and support himself should be put down. It could happen to us all.

It is not wrong to try and take care of your own, even if you have to wade into hell to do it. I would.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
yeah i understand i just ashamed that about my beliefs before and you know, my polish co worker is one hell of a worker.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by thecrow001]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I've been unemployed for 4 months, and have spent everyday looking for a job. There was alot of busts, but eventually I found one far outside the county.

It's a hassle, but i've never complained about being unemployed once.

Even in Texas, I don't find myself being angry about the illegal immigrants looking for work, there is nothing I can do about that. The ones that frustrate me are the gangs and cartels shipping in drugs.

All in all you did a good job standing up for him.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

before this job i was unemployed for 3 months its tough but i wouldnt not move away for work from my family so i admire those who do and i hope many people who shared my old views, soon will see my new views are more open minded

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yes, what a wonderful thing to say! I agree that if you need to feed you and your family you will go where ever work is. Everybody has got to eat!!
heartwarming post

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
You are not alone in this experience. Immigrants often work much harder than Americans, and usually for much less money.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
in my opinion, and in the USA anyways, the difference between employed and unemployed is the difference between the willingness to work at places like McDonalds or not

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The way i see it, import all the people into the uk they want. Doesnot bother me, as long as tthey stay out of my business, why should i care.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hey, nice to see you opened your mind, felt a bit bad about your previous views, and made the world that much fairer.

Good show. And good comments, everyone.

When the heck will human's get the chance to relate without hate, as one co-operating species? I wonder.

join