It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If someone got a VERY closeup video of a real ufo, people would call it fake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Ive been thinking about this for a while and really thought it was worth mentioning.

Lets just say that a certain type of ufo is a flying disc. And lets just say that someone gets abducted by the ET's on board, and that they are friendly and do not harm him. When they bring him back home, the human asks the ET's to get pictures so he can PROVE that ufo's and et's are real. Like lets say that he got pics of him next to it, the inside, even a video of it lifting back off and flying into the void of space.

My guess is that it would look so realistic (because it is real) that people would dismiss for a fake. I am really afraid that one day this situation (well maybe not an abduction but a REALLY good video) will happen and nobody will believe.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Photographs and videos are easy to fake. They can be interesting but prove nothing.

Physical evidence is required.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The thing about providing evidence in the physical form is the accessability(?)to the tools of the E.T.s. It's kind of like being a dolphin and Jumping out of the water then seeing humans on a boat. You go back and tell all of your friends and then they demand proof, physical proof. How could a dolphin ever get proof of humans? That's just how it seems to me.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Dolphins can bite.
Why not take a chunk home?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812

It's kind of like being a dolphin and Jumping out of the water then seeing humans on a boat. You go back and tell all of your friends and then they demand proof, physical proof. How could a dolphin ever get proof of humans?

Go for a swim along the beach perhaps?

IRM

Regarding the OP,

As Phage said, pictures aren't proof of much... but they are evidence of something be it an alien craft or hoax. I think movie footage might hold a little bit more water if it contained exotic technology and aliens. It's a bit harder to fake and CGI experts can generally spot CGI. It may stand up to scrutiny if it can't be proved fake.

IRM

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Do you have such a video???

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812

The thing about providing evidence in the physical form is the accessability(?)to the tools of the E.T.s. It's kind of like being a dolphin and Jumping out of the water then seeing humans on a boat. You go back and tell all of your friends and then they demand proof, physical proof. How could a dolphin ever get proof of humans? That's just how it seems to me.

I understand the point you're trying to make here, but this seems an extremely poor example. Human\Dolphin interaction occurs on a more-than-regular basis; further, with all the Human artifacts (read 'junk') polluting the oceans, it should be a simple matter for an enterprising 'Humanologist' Dolphin to place a bottle on his/her nose and show off to skeptical Dolphin friends.

On the other hand, this may have been a satirically brilliant example.

Oh, well - curious that this comment has thus far generated more conjecture than the original post.

To the OP - yes, it would be called fake by many. By the same token, Venus will be inevitably touted as a UFO several times this year.

new topics

top topics

join