It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Question, Please help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Is google working this evening? I can't seem to use any search engines and I'm concerned it's the conflicker c.....can anyone confirm for me if they are working or not please?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

No problems here all day long so far...
Not seeing any problems reported on Google news either...
Hope things improve on your end.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Google, yahoo, ask and all other search engines will not work on my comp. Just did a little digging and found that 77 emails have been sent out of my computer from non-existant domain names. I can't access macafee or norton.

I am not a happy camper....

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ouch that hurts!
I read today there is supposedly conficker udate that happens on April 01...
so that would have been last night...can you type into your browser direct to an antivirus site...such as norton?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I was able to get to macafee in a very roundabout way (going through an auto-connect window, then going through a couple different sight links). However, I try to check for updates, I get an error. I follow thir instructions on detection, I get an error. I try to run a scan, I get an error.

Not sure what to do, and as I see on macafees sight, I'm not the only one dealing with this right now. Looks like america is at the highest virus threat level possible right now....

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If your pc is still working it might be worth the 30.00 to wait untill tomorrow, buy norton or mc afee and install it direct from the cd...
soon we wont have to worry, the government is going to save us by making cyber security a government controlled issue...
God help us all!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
If your pc is still working it might be worth the 30.00 to wait untill tomorrow, buy norton or mc afee and install it direct from the cd...
soon we wont have to worry, the government is going to save us by making cyber security a government controlled issue...
God help us all!

Great idea, hadnt thought of that (here i am spending hours trying to fix the problem from the inside:lol

Thats the thing that scares me about conflicker c....it seems to have more life than most virus/worms, which makes me think there is someone on the inside pushing it.

Could it be the excuse needed for governmentally regulated internet security? Afterall, the PNAC called for control of the info on the net in their 1999 report on "rebuilding America's Defenses".

Scary line of thinking....anyway, thanks for the info. I am going to log off so I dont spred this any further and go buy a disk tomorrow!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Even cheaper....

In one telltale sign of an infected machine, Conficker blocks Microsoft's site as well as those of most antivirus companies. Computer owners can work around that obstacle by having someone else e-mail them a Conficker removal tool. (Msnbc.com is a joint venture of Microsoft and NBC Universal.)

To learn more, check Microsoft's Web page on Conficker. Also, a list of the free Conficker removal programs is available on the Web site of the Conficker Working Group. The removal programs will take care of themselves, for the most part, scanning your system and purging the worm.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Fantastic, Thank you so much!!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Good luck...
For the benefit of everyone let us know what you find to resolve your
problem...and hope that government control is decades away...!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Hello CP

Can you go here-

www.bdtools.net...

It is the Conflicker removal tool

Hope that it helps

BV.

Edit:If you can't go there i have the program that i could mail to you,If that helps.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by BlackViolet]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Look on the bright side mate.

You can still get to ATS, so it ain't all that bad!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker
Look on the bright side mate.

You can still get to ATS, so it ain't all that bad!

The funny thing is, when it happened, my first thought was, "I need to go ask people on ATS". Kinda scary really, that I go there first.

I havent resolved the problem yet, I will keep you all posted. I Have about 4 different scans running as we speak, so hopefully I'll know something by this evening.

Thanks for all the responses guys and gals, I really appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Reinstall your OS. Backup only what you need, and reinstall.

It's the only way to be completely sure you're rid of the virus.

Buying Norton will not completely get rid of the virus. Only reinstalling will.

And then install Common Sense 2009 so you don't get the virus again. Use Firefox, adblock, and only download from reputable sites. You don't need an antivirus to be safe, just common sense.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by sadisticwoman]

top topics

join