It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indictment: Group shackled, tortured teen For A Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Indictment: Group shackled, tortured teen For A Year

edition.cnn.com

Four Californians are accused of kidnapping a 16-year-old boy and torturing him for nearly a year before he escaped captivity wearing only boxer shorts and a shackle on his ankle, according to an indictment released Wednesday.

Anthony Vincent Waiters, 34; Caren Ramirez, 43; Kelly Layne Lau, 30; and her husband, Michael Luther Schumacher, 34, were charged with a slew of offenses, including torture, aggravated mayhem, child abuse and false imprisonment by violence that allegedly occurred from January 2008 to December 2008.

Authorities said the teen was shackled in the home of Lau and Schumacher in Tracy, about 65 miles east of San Francisco. During his captivity, the teen was tortured with a bat, knife and belt, according to court documents.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Wow,

There isn't much detail yet as the judge did order a gag on the case as to hold some important information before trial begins I assume.

What is the world coming to? What were these people thinking?

This is simply disgusting and un-tolerable in our society today. It's sad that children who are born into the system are the ones who are most likely to be bounced around and abused my multiple individuals.

Where is the screening for these foster families who abuse so many children?

Simply atrocious.

~Keeper

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Should have just killed the child would have been easier for him. My god, what is wrong with these people.

This child is going to go through the rest of his life scarred! I hope these people get what they deserve.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I'm more outraged that they've actually pleaded not guilty. What is that? What do they actually think they will get off scott free?

I really do hope they get what they deserve. A good dose of life in prison without parole would do.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Should have just killed the child would have been easier for him. My god, what is wrong with these people.

What a terrible sentiment.

Life certainly isn't a bowl of cherries at all times but certainly the cessation of such is the worst answer ever.

Vindication and positive experience after such horrible treatment enhances the positive rather than the opposite.

I hope you reconsider such a reactive thought...

link   
Now I can understand losing control and punching a sixteen year old in the face - I don't condone it, but I understand it. This is absolutely disgusting on par with child molesters and those who hurt disabled/elderly people. I hope the four of them never get out of prison.

My immediate though after that: What's going to happen to the poor kid? Where are they going to ship him off to now?

link   
The pictures/ mug shots of the individuals charged should be published in and on all news media outlets... and turned loose to let society deal with them, without any consequences regardless of how they are dealt with by said society.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by Tentickles

What a terrible sentiment.

I agree.

Good grief, Tentickles. What are you thinking?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Even though we haven't seen it yet, I feel confident that sexual abuse also occurred. Child molesters have a shorter life span in prison.
Don't worry, they will get their just desserts.

Prison Is 'Living Hell' for Pedophiles

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think Tentickles is saying 'death is kinder than torture'.

Which is fundamentally true.

new topics

top topics

join