It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else twitters? Are you addicted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I just joined twitter about a month ago, and aside from lots of technical problems on my site, I enjoy it and even find it addicting at times. I go there about twice a day and often read all the updates before I tweet. There can be pages of them, and I'm only following about 150 people. Hate to think what it's like for those who are following thousands.

I joined because of ATS, but now I like it in its own right. Twitter doesn't compare to ATS in scope or depth--it seems somewhat trivial in comparison. But I just have to check in and see what everyone has to say, no matter how dumb or inane. Then sometimes it's hard to tweet more than "on my way to the dentist" or something equally bland and I try to think of more interesting or funny things to say. I'm still working on that.

I'm curious about others' experiences on twitter. Do you find it as addicting as I do? What do you think is the secret of its success? Do you try to get as many followers as you can, or do you like to be selective? Let's talk.

P.S. I'm Sestias on twitter, too, just like here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I found Twitter through ATS. When they did that whole thing. Before that I didn't know what it was.

It's fun for a bit. But I'm not addicted to it.

I do go on there more now though, to read stuff from others. Some TV shows have them, like Pardon The Interruption. So that is fun to read.

The success is probably because it's so easy. You just type a sentence and it's done.

[edit on 4/1/09 by enjoies05]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Stay away! ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

EVEL! Twitter lowers your IQ by using shorter sentences!

sssssssssssssssssssssss

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I rarely tweet. Cause im so long winded, I hate the tiny little blurb your allowed on twitter.

Plus thats like, another site, and not ATS!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I tweet, when I have something to say. But no..not addicted to it.
I just wish random weird people that I don't know would stop trying to follow my updates.
ie:
the vegas stripper with a two girls one cup fetish
the bible translator
and the "don't I know you from somewhere?" guy...
Umm yeah really?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Barack Obama is following my updates on Twitter. Seriously, I'm sure it's a fairly low-level staffer who responds, but the idea is fun. In one month I believe he has tweeted exactly once. Still, I can post questions and comments for the president and someone, albeit someone pretty obscure, will actually read them. Political junkie that I am, I also follow several news outlets plus people like Al Gore and Sen. John McCain. Needless to say, they don't follow me back. Oh yes, and of course "The Onion," can't forget them. Your day is not complete without at least reading their headlines. The Onion does follow me back.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Twitter has amazed me, and if you really kinda figure it out its a wealth of information,

When there's something going on in the world you can be sure there's a twitter'er there.. And as you can tweet via mobile too you can get the news from the people standing there watching quicker than any news channel,

Take the G20 protest here in London.. If you typed that in the search you could see tweets from people and protesters in the crowd, They where telling any problems way before news was, and you where getting the real account of it all,

Stunning and very handy,

Its really worth checking out,
And remember if you join the ATS feed, you get all the latest ATS threads and you also get a special 5000 points on ATS for signing up,

u2u me for details,

Here is the ATS twitter feed for you to peek at, twitter.com...

[edit on 2-4-2009 by asala]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I tweet, therefore I am lol

Seriously though – I signed up to twitter when I joined ATS (mainly for the ATS points). I thought it was a place exclusively for ATS’ers to talk and discuss specific topics they were interested in…I was wrong...

Now I constantly get people asking for a follow request via my email account and sometimes I follow and sometimes I don’t, it all depends on my mood lol to be honest, unless they are from ATS I don’t usually respond…

When I first signed up I just excepted every ones follow request because I thought they were from ATS and when I tried to look up there user names, I discovered that they didn’t exist (on ATS) lol which put my brain into conspiracy alert mode lol

The ATS twitter feed is probably the best thing about twitter, unless you just love to tweet lol …I hardly ever use twitter myself and I am not addicted to it but it does have it’s uses for getting on the spot information, direct from the public domain…

- JC

new topics

top topics

join