It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fresh Scenario to plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I live in Finland, we have a stable society and the military is unlikely to turn against the population in any scenario as it's conscript based. Internal collapse of society is highly unlikely. Any military threath will cause me to assume my postition in the army, so i do not have prepare for that (yes i do have a closet full of gear, because the army gear i'd be issued would probably be from the '60s.)

Only threath that our society has is an external non-military one. We have 5 million people in the country and 5 million Russians live within 300km of our borders. If there is any natural or nuclear disasters or civil war in the North Western Russia, there is a high probability of a refugee wave moving towards West and my preciouss rear end.

So my scenario is what to do when 1+ million at least somewhat armed (AWOL military and LE) refugees are swarming over the border and society crumbles under the pressure. I have a bugout location but it's 100km away and i would have to cross paths with the flood to get there. Firearms are available, including suppressors etc just no barrels below 400mm and no full-auto.

Any ideas, tips or plans... or additional questions?

What the hell am i going to do?

Ps. The map of the Region, i'm at the South Eastern Finland:

[edit on 1-4-2009 by northwolf]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by northwolf

Pray for Russian stability maybe? I hear Sweden is nice as well, gives you kind of a buffer.

Ill be honest in stating I know little to nothing about Finland. Less about the government and laws.

My first question for you is, what will your government do once they notice the million man mob coming your way? Will they open the border, open fire, call up the military?

Next, your retreat is 100km away? I cant think of any senerio playing out where you would be able to get there. Mobs, war, floods, fire, etc... Simply too much ground to cover. Might want to think about setting up some hides that you could bounce from as you made your way out should you need to go.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Border Guard is not very large, but they are paramilitarish and professional. Problem is will the politicians have the backbone and order them to use force. Military is 35000 (with 70% being conscripts) strong in peace time and 250k in full combat strength, but the same lack of political will and fear of Russian retaliation incase of a massacare.

Russian stability is unstable at best, let alone in these days of turmoil.

I can reach my BOL within 72hrs with the supplies in BOB, if there is nothing hostile in the way, i have some other locations near by, but they are not generally any better than my own flat.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Anytime a smaller country has to deal with a crazy superpower, it never works out well. I cant imagine Finland, Sweden, Demark, etc... being strong enough politically to stand up to Russia and say, sorry, we wont accept your refuges.

Best bet is stay on the ball politically. Know what is going on. If things look bad, grab your sack and go. 1 million upset Russians, or anyone for that matter is going to be a problem for you. Lots of local hostillity, looting, various other crimes. If you see warning signs, leave, dont take any chances.

Also, make certain your flat is well stocked in case you cant get out in time. Lots of water, food, ammo. And Do Not tell anyone you are stocking up supplies or you will be the first door people come to.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
In a worse case scenario you could always try and clone a few hundred White Death.

I wouldn't come to U.K. We already have Russians here.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
just dont do this..
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
Border Guard is not very large, but they are paramilitarish and professional. Problem is will the politicians have the backbone and order them to use force. Military is 35000 (with 70% being conscripts) strong in peace time and 250k in full combat strength, but the same lack of political will and fear of Russian retaliation incase of a massacare.

Russian stability is unstable at best, let alone in these days of turmoil.

I can reach my BOL within 72hrs with the supplies in BOB, if there is nothing hostile in the way, i have some other locations near by, but they are not generally any better than my own flat.

You might consider a mountain bike at least, maybe with a 2 wheel
mini trailer, or it you can swing it a Street legal dirt bike that would
let you go off road if roads are impassable.

Consider a RUGGED GPS mount right in the middle of the handle bars.

Some nice phones have the GPS ability.

Consider a hands free headset that will go inside your cycle helmet,
and at least a primary and secondary person you can call via voice
command for updates.

Here is to hoping the phone network doesn't get overloaded !!!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
just dont do this..
www.youtube.com...

Yeah do that, but only as a last resort, where there's nothing else left but to fight.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
Consider a RUGGED GPS mount right in the middle of the handle bars.

Come on Ex_Misl, a GPS? Are you kidding me? If a sat knows where you are, so to the infamous "they".

He knows where he is going, knows his route overland, the last thing I would want is GPS tracking.

If you must go, then go, and know your way. Do not be dependant on the newest gadget or fad or global posistioning. That can always be tracked, one way or another. Get out on your bike or on foot or in a car, but always have a way to get the hell out without anyone knowing where you are.

GPS. I have one. WTSHTF it will be with all of my other electronics. Sitting at the bottom of a river hoping some fish picks it up and carries it elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

Don't throw them all in the river!

You might consider portable communication devices. Multiple bands, some with very long ranges. I have a nice pair that I keep charged just in case the wireless network is killed.

You can also pick up solar chargers on the internet and you can even charge through some of the survival handcrank emergency radios. Very handy to keep a few of those around.

Oh, and don't forget the DC to AC converter you can plug into your car's power and charge your items as you head down the road.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by on_yur_6]

new topics

top topics

join