It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestor Dies at G20

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
A protestor has died during the days clashes

news.sky.com...

in other sources of info such as rumours from protestors that the man was hit over the head by a truncheon then dragged behind police lines to be arrested which is where he collapsed.

this is what happens when you corral humans into small areas like cows.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
People had been throwing glass bottles towards officers, with many angry at not being allowed to leave.

Are police trying to escalate the situation by forcing people to bunch together like sardines in a small area, and refusing their requests to leave?

Nice way for the police to claim they're not provoking anyone, but the bigger picture is that the protesters are being penned in and not being allowed to leave so they'll get mad

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sad that this has turned violent. And this is only Wednesday. Still a few more days to go. The English can get a bit rowdy, though. Having partied with some soldiers in Germany and sailors in Greece, I can tell you they play hard. I can imagine what they could do when serious.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I hope to hell that cool heads prevail and that this poor bloke's unfortunate death isn't used as an excuse to ratchet up the mindless violence

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Gotta love rumor and innuendo.

The man was found after collapsing at a protest camp near the Bank of England.

Police said bottles were thrown at them while they carried him away.

He was later pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.

I'm surprised someone hasn't reported hearing that he was dragged behind a chemtrail plane before dying.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
well us English are a warrior people grrrr

but still this is worrying i'd like to know how he died if police did it either by keeping the protestors cornered in like rats and running out of water or if the rumours of the police hitting him and kicking him are true.. expect some major riots starting at 5am tomorrow

they plan to wake the leaders early and block the ways to the summit but the MSM are saying the Excel centre is like a fortress atm

this is gonna get interesting...from the various news reports i seen i counted around 13 or 14 injured and now this guy is dead..

i wonder if anything will happen due to this...

[edit on 14/01/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Holy crap!

Adding to that the explanation the police has for this death...

Police said bottles were thrown at them while they carried him away.

...which is by far one of the crappiest, blatantly dishonest explanation I ever saw for a murder committed by pigs.

This looks just like the murder of Alexandros Grigoropoulos in Athens last December... and now I really wonder how the protesters in general -and the rest of the people as well- are gonna react to this obvious murder.

Will the pacifists finally realize what they are really facing?

My regrets to the friends and family of this poor guy. May he rest in peace.

[edit on 1/4/09 by Echtelion]

[edit on 1/4/09 by Echtelion]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
exactly the bank of england area is still packed with people and police jumping on protestors check bbc news for footage from 10pmish..it's funny how no more live cams are functioning at this time...

12:12am in the morning and people are still there..it's like the police want them to be tired,angry,cold and hungry

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Probably got excited and vapor-locked.

Or maybe he OD'd on the fumes from the paint on his protest sign.

Snake bite?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
12:12am in the morning and people are still there..it's like the police want them to be tired,angry,cold and hungry

That's just how the police want them...too tired to fight

I'll bet hardly any of those penned in had thought of that and are only dressed in lightweight clothing and are now cold, tired, hungry...looked that way on the footage shown this afternoon...bad planning on their part if they are

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The protesters were cordoned to allow easier logging and photographing of protest participants.

Without adding any personal conjecture it is extremely possible that the man suffered a sub dermal hematoma as a result of a serious blow to the head. He may have thought he was ok but didn't know he was bleeding internally, the blood built up pressure on his brain and he died shortly after collapsing.

It happened recently to Natasha Richardson.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
These thugs and hooligans were an organized mob of anarchists who are against everything but for nothing who can be gathered into a flash mob via text and internet on a moment's notice. The loss of one useless POS is no loss at all. The British police forces acquitted themselves well and admirably with their restraint.

[edit on 1/4/2009 by RR98]

[edit on 1/4/2009 by RR98]

top topics

join