It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flint, Michigan: Government Considering Abandoning Parts of City, Cutting Off Police & Fire Service

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

If you are honest about the matter, and I'll give you benefit of the doubt at this point - you are citing '6-sigma' exceptions here. And I am happy that you got the 'one in a million' that performed as you say ( since I believe your claim ) ...

Anyway, you're 'beating a dead horse' here, my friend - the 'market has spoken loud and clear, regardless of how you would 'like it to be' ...

Peace out

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain
reply to post by wayno

My eleven year old Toyota is still running great many years after it was bought and paid for, while most North American cars by that time are in the junkyard.

Unfortunately you have hit the nail on the head. My own Toyota is 14-years old, has around 200,000, leaks a little oil, and still runs great. Show me a big-three car that'll meet those specs ... and the 'silence is deafening ! End of story ...

ProtoplasmicTraveler, an well as others who fail to see this fact may be infatuated with their own brilliance, but I don't think anybody else here is ...

I have friends who literally are driving their Father's Oldsmobile at an older age now than he did. I have seen Fords, Chevys, Cadillacs, Oldsmobiles with up to 450,000 miles on them before having to drop a new engine in them.

Hey ever seen a classic 1964 Toyota Carolla? I bet you have seen a 1964 Chevy Camaro or Z-28, or Pontiac Trans Am.

Have you ever seen a classic 1962 Datsun?

I bet you have seen all kinds of classic 1962 Mustangs.

Ever seen a 1960 classic Honda? I bet you have seen a 1960 classic Corvette.

Now these great Japanese Cars that really did for about a decade when the oil embargos first hit (that happened several times back in the 1970's cause of our bestest buddy Israel) and gas went through the roof, the Japanese really could deliver a reliable car for less money that got much better gas milage.

Why? Because the United States Government spent a fortune on the Japanese version of the Marshall Plan after World War II to rebuild everything we bombed back into the stoneage. You know who oversaw the building of those brand new factories and assembly line techniques...just the guys from GM and Ford, making good use of Uncle Sam's money.

Ask Honda and Toyota how many cars they can sell in their number 1 market of Southern California with out a GM Dephi OBD III computer onboard to regulate the Ultra Low Emissions Standards required by California law...and you will get a number between 0 and 0.

Ignorance is the hardest objection to overcome, because the ignorant simply refuse to believe they are.

Most American Cars will go a minimum of 250,000 miles before you might need to change an engine.

People who buy American cars may in fact trade them more often, the majority of them love driving a relatively new car...import customers, they tend to be a little bit more frugal...it kind of shows huh?

[edit on 3/4/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to comment ny ProtoplasmicTraveler

Most American Cars will go a minimum of 250,000 miles before you might need to change an engine.

What we're really discussing here is 'customer satisfaction,' not how long an engine will last.

You clutch at at 'straws' in your desperate attempt to maintain your own illusion.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

WOW! That was a great post!

I wish everyone would pull there heads out of the buts and really read the truth of what you are saying.

Any REAL American that cares for friends and family need to read the above post and think.

Before its too late think.

Thanks my friend...I don't know how it happened but somehow we have turned into a nation of self loathers?

We can build a laser cannon that can take the wings off a gnat surgically from a satellite orbiting in space, yet people really believe we can't make a car, shirt, or a set of ball bearings?

Some how people really think if you just shop at every big corporation to save 1.00 here, and .50 there, and ten dollars there, or a thousand dollars there, that somehow putting all that money in just a few hands is never going to backfire on the people who enriched them.

Some how they think how clever it is to give 15k, 20k, 25k to a foreign company in big purchases, and 10, 20, 50, 100 at a time to foreign companies through Wal-Mart and that money is just going to magically appear along with good jobs for us.

Well they were right about money magically appearing, they are printing it night and day in Washington now to try to save our doomed and smashed and wrecked economy...smashed and wrecked by clever, clever people, who do save a few dollars flushed the rest of their future and their children's future down the drain.

Silly people don't get this one thing. For all their drawbacks and problems Unions had one simple message for Americans.

Buy American, Support American, help keep America Financially Healthy and Strong.

The unions had to be marginalized and elliminated to make globalization possible. Gobalization is about having less and having decisions made that effect you locally for the benefit of and often by people who are more concerned with someplace far far away, where they don't have to listen to your wife or kids cry because they can't have simple luxuries like...food.

Foolish people say well the Unions were corrupt and their own downfall...what do they have left after their downfall...corrupt corporations and a corrupt government with no one left to fight them for the little guy using the same tactics they understand.

Good luck getting the corporations and government cleaned up...maybe China will loan us the money.

People who live in America really do need to wake up and start taking personal responsibility for how their individual actions really do affect the health and wealth of this nation and stop putting it off on the government and business to force them to have the common sense that costs the citizen nothing to have, but costs the government and big corporate entities far to much to allow Americans to have.

It's why we have to listen to this nonsense about some box of a carolla, or civic is still belching pollutants into the air 15 years later as some kind of testimony to why we all ought to be destroying the fabric of our own economy and nation along with it.

Some people are so clever and smart...they litterally are dumb...

I guess it's easier for them than having to look in the mirror and say "Hey shame on me for letting this happen to the people of Flint and Detroit, that sure was a selfish and foolish thing to do"

The test...you have just won a brand new American car...all taxes, titles, fees and insurances paid for...

Are you really going to say, "No thanks, you keep it?"

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

What we're really discussing here is 'customer satisfaction,' not how long an engine will last.

You clutch at at 'straws' in your desperate attempt to maintain your own illusion.

You have to be kidding. Customer satisfaction ratings of American cars is off because people became super critical of American cars. The American car has a long proven record and if we become real people again you will see that we are right now building a better product.

Go to the showroom and compare. We are building a better product than the Japanese right now. I ma not just some blind American. I only buy Japanese motorcycles, but the new generation of American cars IS as good and many cases its better. It looks better too.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Another great post that needs to be read! I wish I had not posted my above post after reading yours. You sir are my new friend. Nice job.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

reply to comment ny ProtoplasmicTraveler

Let's pretend to talk about this then two years from now when you are clutching a metal plate in a government mess hall, to enjoy one of your three communal meals a day...in your communal compound, that houses your communal barracks, keep a picture of your beloved Japanese car in your empty wallet to show people it, what it used to be like, before the crash, what a great life you thought you had...one where your actions never had any bearing on a communal future...

I say let's pretend because I just won't be there to join you. I have lived as an American, I will die as an American...and it seems to me that illusion of America is something you can't wait to see die.

I hope for your sake while they are printing out more cash right now than toilet paper to compensate for similiar short sided wrecklesness that plan to keep indulging this irresponsible counterproductive foolishness can keep paying for your illussion.

I don't think it can...and that's the song those printing presses are singing right now...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

No they can't and history has shown it time and time again, as well as what trade imballances add up too.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

You have to be kidding. Customer satisfaction ratings of American cars is off because people became super critical of American cars. The American car has a long proven record and if we become real people again you will see that we are right now building a better product.

Go to the showroom and compare. We are building a better product than the Japanese right now. I ma not just some blind American. I only buy Japanese motorcycles, but the new generation of American cars IS as good and many cases its better. It looks better too.

It's also important to understand that American Manufacturers have tougher Customer Satisfaction Rating systems. You buy a Ford or GM car or truck and with in 72 hours you are getting your first survey call from the manufacture not the dealer. They have truly high standards and the people conducting the surveys are looking for areas that need improved not trying to cover them up. At 30, 60 and 90 days the Factory is going to survey you again, asking about the car, the dealer, the salesperson, the professionalism, how any problems were addressed. Every time you go into make a warranty repair, you are going to get a phone call from the Manufacture...GM and Ford Outsource this to independent companies, and it's their findings they turn over as one of the primary sources of consumer satisfaction.

Honda and Toyota do not put that level in to their survey process.

I have kept a hand in the retail automotive market from 1991 through this day, I do business with Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, BMW and Mercedes as well as the Big 3. Page number 1 of Honda's sales manual, "It is important to always capitalize on our 'percieved' quality edge" Even they know and admitt its all about consumer marketing and perception not product quality.

Try telling this to an American who is on the fourth Honda, they won't walk across the street to even test drive a GM vehicle being sold by the same dealer franchise they are buying their Honda from, and could test drive it with the same salesperson who would still be just as happy to sell them a Honda as opposed to a Pontiac or GMC he would still be just as happy to help them buy.

It's incredible guys who by their own admission are 12, 14 years out of the car market really believing they know it as well as they imagine they do.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Your objection is fallacious. You equate 'patriotism' with 'buying American'.

America is the 'land of the free' - at least on paper ...

I should be free to buy the product I am 'most satisfied' with, as I have done, as well as as enough others to put the American auto makers completely out of business.

The big-three failed in an epic manner because they could not 'meet the competition.' Plain and simple.

End of story.

Any other arguments you may choose to make only confirm what the rest of the world knows about Americans in general - we are quite stupid.

You can choose to blame that fact on the flouride in the water, or the vaccinations, or the chemicals in our food, our educational system, but it doesn't change the fact - we are a nation of supid people who have lost not only our automotive industry, but also are currently in the process of losing the last freedoms we have left.

Put a sock in it pal - you are only confirming what the rest of the planet already knows - Americans are stupid !!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Your objection is fallacious. You equate 'patriotism' with 'buying American'.

America is the 'land of the free' - at least on paper ...

I should be free to buy the product I am 'most satisfied' with, as I have done, as well as as enough others to put the American auto makers completely out of business.

The big-three failed in an epic manner because they could not 'meet the competition.' Plain and simple.

End of story.

Any other arguments you may choose to make only confirm what the rest of the world knows about Americans in general - we are quite stupid.

You can choose to blame that fact on the flouride in the water, or the vaccinations, or the chemicals in our food, our educational system, but it doesn't change the fact - we are a nation of supid people who have lost not only our automotive industry, but also are currently in the process of losing the last freedoms we have left.

Put a sock in it pal - you are only confirming what the rest of the planet already knows - Americans are stupid !!

Actually I blame it on people who don't read history, and don't study economics, and aren't even capable of figuring out...

That Honda and Toyota are posting similiar sales declines, economic hardships, production cuts and layoffs.

Americans aren't stupid, just some people who think Liberty, and Freedom is something that they are entitled to...to the extent that they can exercise it anyway they see fit willy nilly and will never have any consequence...

You are seeing the consequence of that in Washington DC

Everything you keep talking about is you, you, you...you don't have a clue or a plan or a way to ensure the continued viablity of your you, you, you, I live in a dumb stupid country not my fault, fault, fault...plan.

I will put a sock in it as soon as you get the foot out of your mouth...

I live in the tropics and wear sandles, made right here in America...

I will have to ask you for one of your socks, are they 14 years old and made in Japan too?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Everything you keep talking about is you, you, you...you don't have a clue or a plan or a way to ensure the continued viablity of your you, you, you, I live in a dumb stupid country not my fault, fault, fault...plan.

I am beginning to thing you may be as drunk as I am at the moment ...

But, whatever. If you were to put one of my socks in your mouth you would vomit immediately ...

I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

Anyway -- the whole situation sucks, but there you have it. Placing blame won't help. Whether or not I, as well as millions of others drive a foreign product which happens to be superior to the domestic American alternative, doesn't change the fact that the 'die is cast.'

It is finished.

What can we learn from this ?

If all we can learn is that it's the 'other guys fault,' then I think we will continue to 'spiral downward' to the 'ultimate rest state' - that being absolute totalitarianism.

The only way to alter this 'current trajectory' is for people to take responsibility for their own 'situations' ...

No more placing blame, my friend. It just doesn't help anything.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I am beginning to thing you may be as drunk as I am at the moment ...

But, whatever. If you were to put one of my socks in your mouth you would vomit immediately ...

I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

Anyway -- the whole situation sucks, but there you have it. Placing blame won't help. Whether or not I, as well as millions of others drive a foreign product which happens to be superior to the domestic American alternative, doesn't change the fact that the 'die is cast.'

It is finished.

What can we learn from this ?

If all we can learn is that it's the 'other guys fault,' then I think we will continue to 'spiral downward' to the 'ultimate rest state' - that being absolute totalitarianism.

The only way to alter this 'current trajectory' is for people to take responsibility for their own 'situations' ...

No more placing blame, my friend. It just doesn't help anything.

Evidently you haven't read my posts beyond that when someone shares some fact with you that is contrary to your oppinion they are wrong.

There is a big difference between doing right and being right my friend.

All I have said is for people to do their own responsibility as educated citizens and consumers.

The fact of the matter is you really don't know the car market, you by your own admission haven't shopped in it in over a decade.

What are you basing your Americans are stupid, American products are junk theory on exactly?

Pravda?

Armed with minimal facts, unable to digest entire posts except beyond how they adhere or don't adhere to your limited frame of knowledge you are more interested in proving yourself right that honestly taking the time and effort to learn that which could and likely would prove yourself wrong.

Is the personal responsibility you are talking about, nursing and protecting one's ego and vanity at all costs?

It sounds that way to me...as I said in an earlier post ignorance is the hardest objection to overcome, because the ignorant already think they know all there is to know.

I am 45 years old and there is not a day that goes by I don't set out to learn new things and expand on the things I know.

I start out learning rudimentary fundamentals and then expand on them from there.

I wouldn't pretend to understand a situation well because I picked up a snippet of class 103, before taking class 101 and 102.

General Motors and Ford and Chrysler were all viable companies up until the economic down turn.

They are huge...as in truly logistically huge businesses geared to produce a certain number of products and maintain a certain level of inventory that utilizes tens of thousands of sources and delivers to tens of thousands of points. The logistics are staggering in such an enterprise, costs are staggering in such an enterprise.

When all of a sudden an unforseen economic downturn strikes and cripples the lending markets, which by the way all of the big three have their own lending arms that are suffering staggering losses from defaults currently, and business is all of a sudden off 60% month after month, because of markets you don't control...then guess what...you are in big trouble...

Toyota is in the same boat...loosing money...hemoraging cash....

Honda is in the same boat...loosing money...hemoraging cash...

Ever read automotive news, Time, Fortune, Money, the Wall Street Journal?

Or do you just look for notions you pick up from your friends between Heilo games?

Maybe you missed the fact that I work in support of ALL car manufactures including Toyota Honda BMW Mercedes Hyundai?

Maybe you missed business 101 too, and that some people actually know their business, and the businesses that they deal with.

I have made 7 figures in the automotive market while you have been driving the wheels off your import for a decade and haven't even shopped in the automotive market, are you really so foolish as to believe your heresay and personal oppinions based on substantiating your own position of it doesn't hurt to pretend you are always right and give away sizable chunks of cash to foreign economies is really based on as sound as knowledge and thinking as mine?

Read, and learn, and above all learn to execute doing the right things, not just talk endlessly about what you imagine the right things are, in an endless pursuit to convince people you are as intelligent as you imagine yourself to be.

That is being responsible, and if you slowed down long enough to consider maybe you would benefit from continueing your learning process you would in fact realize how irresponsible your approach to the world is.

We are all responsible and the big three's mistakes sure don't excuse your mistakes. You can keep on perpetuating your ignorance, and trying to get others to adopt it to validate it in your own mind, it still won't make it responsible and it still won't make it not ignorance.

Any orginization is only as strong as it's weakest link, and until you come to the realization you are a link, and everyone else, whos is just out for themselves regardless, then yes, America as a nation is going to appear very stupid, when the people who live in it can't accept the responsibility they have to it, to be a strong link in what makes it work.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I think that there is a silver lining in this for Michigan. What does Flint have that is of value? A skilled labor force. What Michigan needs is different manufacturing to move into the rust belt.

Someone has to produce the parts for wind turbines. Someone has to make things in this country again. The labor pool for that manufacturing is in Michigan and Ohio and Indiana.

But what incentive do these manufacturers have to come to a state when they will have to deal with a unionised workforce?

Small companies cannot sustain Union workers. They need time to grow before a Union is neccissary. The idea of having to deal with an organised workforce and payscale is a daunting challenge.

What people in the Rust Belt need to do is make themselves more cost effective. Make the company profitable, that will raise wages. The company can expand employing more people.

Also what I think would help bring jobs back home is a nice dirty trick played on large companies that oursource jobs overseas.

I would like to see a massive terriff placed on goods manufactured for an American based company and shipped in. Make it completely unreasonable. In the long term it will be more cost effective to produce the part here in America using American workers than to import a part from a plant overseas.

Bringing the jobs back home. Where they belong.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

End of story.

They are meeting the competition right now go to the damn showroom!!

It IS all our fault for buying from other countries...this has been orchestrated since the "70's" to make our middle class fall and you fell for it. they want you to believe you have to work for less money so we can compete.

They have duped most of us with political correctness and self loathing of our products, that we cannot compete. We are and have been Fleeced in order for the American middle class to work cheap just to survive this.

What the globalists did not see coming was the Internet to wake people up. stop falling for all these lies please. We have the best of the best that migrated to this country form all over the world and we make the best products in the world, the best quality and have the best talent.

Whenever a countries people start making a comfortable living the cable of string pullers will shift the wealth to another county and leave the on the built this wealth for them to rot and die.

It went from Greece to Rome to Europe then here and now its being shifted to India and China. When they get a decent middle class going it will shift again and finally go full circle and start over.

Wake up please.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

hmm, I don't think I ever called you a fool, or even implied it, so sorry if you got that impression. Although your posts seem to focus a lot of time on the persons instead of the issue or question, this really isn't about you, or about me.

For what its worth, the Toyota I bought was made a couple hours drive away from where I live - here in Canada. It was definitely a factor in my purchase decision. It mattered that my purchase was contributing to fellow Canadians' paychecks.

The car had everything going for it from basic quality, price and also supported my neighbours. And way to go - yes, I also support local mom & pop businesses as option of first choice, but there are limits to how much more I am prepared to pay. I will always search a little harder as needed for good value.

I guess I just don't see the world in quite such an "us and them" kind of way. How are other countries going to ever afford to buy our products if we don't buy theirs as well? I know you want to be sure the trade balance goes your way, but in the end we are all competing for the same dollar. May it go to the guy who deserves it and earns it.

Its great that you have found a way to make enough money that you do not have to worry about costs, but most of us are not in that position. You may think that is our fault, and perhaps you are right to an extent, but its also a bit arrogant.
Anyway, I happen to love Michiganders, and have had my share of good times up in Flint back in the 70's and 80's, and so my heart is definitely with them in trying to turn this thing around.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by News And History
Flint is simply defined as a ghetto. The military loves to recruit poor folks, who live in cities like that because folks living in ghettos are more likely to serve the occult-government/military to get private bank-notes/dollars, than wealthy ones.
[edit on 1-4-2009 by News And History]

Do you actually live in America? Your quote below I have no idea what you mean

to get private bank-notes/dollars, than wealthy ones.

Are you saying the military gets different money than the private sector? I spent 28 years in the military and had a great time, made a good living, raised a family with great family values, and retired to take my skills into the private sector to continue to have a great job and a wonderful life….
I came from a middle class family, but I really had no direction, so the military help me focus on my life’s path.

Think about it……you are suggesting that some poor person with no future and no life in Flint is better off than joining the military. Also the “poor” in the military is not the majority, so even those joining the military need to have desires to get ahead in life, and that limits many who are poor and don’t really care to do anything about it.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I am 45 years old

I have made 7 figures in the automotive market

... an unforseen economic downturn strikes

See what I mean ?

Just plain stupid !!!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The biggest problem with Car manufacturers is how many cars they need to sell to break even for the year. Toyota built a new Tundra plant in San Antonio and most likely got great tax breaks, and offered 500ish jobs to the community at about 15 bucks an hour to start. Well about 6000 showed up to get one of them, so there was no issue with the wage.

Now go to flint where no one would want to build there for States like Michigan and Illinois have not seen new industries in 30 plus years, this is because they tax the crap out of anyone that tries to. You also need to “work” with the unions and when you can pay 15 bucks an hour compared to 60 per hour there, anyone would head south or west to build.

I think I read that GM needs to sell 12 million cars per year to break even, where Toyota needs a lot less since their overhead is a lot less. Is it really GMs fault it needs to sell so many cars? No, I would blame the states where they have their plants and the unions that keeps a noose around these companies heads with extremely high pay and unaffordable retirement plans.

So maybe towns like Flint need to just dry up and get reborn into something else…right now all I see is a town dyeing in an endless death struggle with zero ability to change.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

hmm, I don't think I ever called you a fool, or even implied it, so sorry if you got that impression. Although your posts seem to focus a lot of time on the persons instead of the issue or question, this really isn't about you, or about me.

For what its worth, the Toyota I bought was made a couple hours drive away from where I live - here in Canada. It was definitely a factor in my purchase decision. It mattered that my purchase was contributing to fellow Canadians' paychecks.

The car had everything going for it from basic quality, price and also supported my neighbours. And way to go - yes, I also support local mom & pop businesses as option of first choice, but there are limits to how much more I am prepared to pay. I will always search a little harder as needed for good value.

I guess I just don't see the world in quite such an "us and them" kind of way. How are other countries going to ever afford to buy our products if we don't buy theirs as well? I know you want to be sure the trade balance goes your way, but in the end we are all competing for the same dollar. May it go to the guy who deserves it and earns it.

Its great that you have found a way to make enough money that you do not have to worry about costs, but most of us are not in that position. You may think that is our fault, and perhaps you are right to an extent, but its also a bit arrogant.
Anyway, I happen to love Michiganders, and have had my share of good times up in Flint back in the 70's and 80's, and so my heart is definitely with them in trying to turn this thing around.

I love Canada, I spent a bit of time up there in my misbegotten youth playing in a bar band in the small towns and cities.

I think of Canada as a different country, and I have to confess I don't know much about the Canadian economy or the trade deficits Canada might be running. I do know GM moved some major manufacturing there in the 90's to take advantage of the Canadian Government providing free health care to workers.

I don't know how big a part of the Canadian economy GM is though...

You know lots of people in foreign countries by imported cars from all over the world...most people don't know this but it was General Motors that put the Blitz in Blitzkrieg. The General Motors Blitz was a fast, dependable transport vehicle manufactured by General Motors for the Whermacht.

The United States manufactures almost nothing anymore except areo-space and defense, and most of those purchases come courtesy of the U.S. Government and the Tax Payers, with huge amounts of the profit simply going into research and development. It does employ some people thankfully but not enough.

America's economic woes just aren't from lagging car sales domestically, it's from the fact that we produce almost nothing of value that is exportable.

When you are running the kind of trade imballances the American economy has it leads to trouble...in fact world wide trouble...

When War broke out in World War II the American Companies were forced to stop selling to the Nazi's. Sure it hurt their bottom line, but the American people all went to work, manufacturing, and rationing everything from sugar to meat to tires to gas to keep the war machine running, the American people took a good portion of their earnings and invested them in War Bonds to help fund the war effort and keep the country economically solvent at a governmental level.

In other words the American people understood that sometimes in a Global Crisis which this is, real sacrifices have to be made.

Americans are not only not being asked to make wise sacrifices right now and wise choices to put the country and the economy on track, Americans are in fact just disregarded by their own government that prints up money night and day to ship all over the world, to maintain our staggering debts and lines of credit, while not ONE thing is being done to retool our economy into a workable one.

I don't know what's going on in Canada, but that's the situation here, at least as far as I can see it.

Do I make so much money that I can afford to piss it away...no...but where we differ in oppinion is that if I were in Canada I would consider buying Vermont Maple syrup for .50 cents less to be pissing my money away because instead of going to a Canadian Maple Sugar company that would hopefully invest it right back into Canada, not it's going to Vermont where chances are it's going to be reinvested in Vermont. Now if you do business with Vermont or travel their frequently that might be a good thing.

But the reality is, that Canada will never see that money again...

It's kind of just common sense...so what you think you are saving in my humble oppinion is from my point of view just giving it all away.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I am 45 years old

I have made 7 figures in the automotive market

... an unforseen economic downturn strikes

See what I mean ?

Just plain stupid !!!

Actually no, you have yet to say anything that proves what you are doing is actually benefitting you or the country, or that you even understand the complexities of the automotive market...

But go ahead and keep making it about you...and other people are dumb...and Americans are dumb...and American's shouldn't have to look out for or consider Americans...or be bothered with research or facts...

Because I guess you imagine that's brilliant...

I am glad I am dumb!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join