It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Television and radio news "personalities"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Rush, Hannity, Beck, etc. are all broadcast personalities who are in business to get YOUR attention and they do it well. IF these television and radio news "personalities" are so damned concerned about the country and the government then why haven't they left their professions to capitalize on their name recognition in the world of politics?

The reason is because they really don't give a damn!

What they do really care about is money and job security. Sensationalism mixed with controversial political views are how they get it. They simply take the news of the day and twist it into spin that makes people want to watch/listen, the more numbers that tune in the worse the outlook will get from their perspectives, exaggerated, propagandized, sensationalized CRAP! In fact these news "personalities" are actually less in touch with the real lives of Americans than the elected leaders we now have. Some are in real danger of actually believing their own bull#.

This nation needs real leaders, not pundits and "personalities" who spew sensationalized crap to masses of mindless sponges who eagerly soak it up and provide them their beloved ratings.

Get your heads out of the television, away from the radio and internet and, out of your asses before they completely obliterate your once viable minds.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think our political system would need a major overhaul before any of these personalities would make an attempt for an office of some sort. If I were one of these personalities, I would not want any part of our current system in DC.

Major campaign finance reform.
Strict term limits in the House and Senate
Force out the majority of the garbage that collects a paycheck from the taxpayers right now. The lifers on the hill must go... The nation needs new ideas right now. Bye Bye cronies...

If you start with a clean slate, pipe dream fantasy , I think some of these guys might just stand a chance.

Afterall, sensationalism and controversy are deeply rooted in politics.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I think our political system would need a major overhaul before any of these personalities would make an attempt for an office of some sort.

Not necessarily. all they would really require is a guaranteed win and a minimum 7 figure salary for life.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So are you saying that the broadcast stations have NO agenda beyond ratings and sensationalism?

Are you saying that the stations behind them are not trying to sway public opinion in any direction?

Therefore the "personalities" are just taking a certain stance, (basically actors), with nothing behind it except to get our attention and hold it for advertising?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayiamu
So are you saying that the broadcast stations have NO agenda beyond ratings and sensationalism?

Of course they have an agenda, but the top priority is and always has been ratings. The political agendas are painfully obvious and require no further elaboration.

Are you saying that the stations behind them are not trying to sway public opinion in any direction?

Answered above.

Therefore the "personalities" are just taking a certain stance, (basically actors), with nothing behind it except to get our attention and hold it for advertising?

That is a fairly accurate assessment, though there are political motives and they again should be painfully obvious.

The danger is not from the obvious agendas. The real danger is that people who watch/listen over long periods of time can be infected with their extremist views and ultimately lose the ability to seek out and find the truth and facts on their own.

Some people take some of these personalities words on everything without question as fact and truth when in fact they are actually politically motivated sensationalist entertainers.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Certainly do not need joe(dead person in my office) scarborough, glenn beck, chris matthews, or who ever, to tell us what to think.

None of these i would listen too, and it would do you harm to listen to any of them.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
They are all as fake as a four dollar bill and everything they say is scripted. News stations hire "talent" which usually reqires membership in the Screen Actors Guild. You'd be surprised at how many scripters work for these stations, ten bucks says most of the talking heads don't even understand what they are saying enough to speak objectively on it. Ever wonder why they argue so defensively with guests?

top topics

join