It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Cavuto destroys Congressman Grayson

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TailoredVagabond

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by David9176

\

What I find hilarious is that a Democrat can say with a straight face that he wouldn't put a number on what is excessive. So if a GM assembly line emplyoee make $55/hr would that be excessive? High wages overall are what have hampered the Auto industry. A Democrat just bascially would give the Treasury the power to bust the UAW pay contract, who woulda thought that?

THEY'RE NOT CAPPINGPAY - JUST BONUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LISTEN AND USE THE EARS YOU WERE BORN WITH!!!!

Hmm. I can't hear you with all the yelling.

Lets see what the bill as it currently stands :

(a) In General- Notwithstanding any other provision of law or agreement to the contrary, no person who is an officer, director, executive, or other employee of a financial institution or other entity that receives or has received funds under the Troubled Asset Relief Program (or ‘TARP’), established under section 101 of the Emergency Ecomonic Stabilization Act of 2008, may receive annual compensation in excess of the amount of compensation paid to the President of the United States.

BTW, the President makes $400K in compensation.
Sure sounds to me that they could target any/every employee that receives TARP money if they make more that the POTUS does. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Not capping pay, just bonuses huh??? Please read on.....

As used in this Act, the term ‘compensation’ includes wages, salary, deferred compensation, retirement contributions, options, bonuses, property, and any other form of compensation or bonus that the Secretary of the Treasury determines is appropriate.

I will await your apology to me..........

[edit on 2-4-2009 by pavil]

[edit on 2-4-2009 by pavil]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I love how Fox News tries to act like they are looking out for Americans.. I don't recall Fox asking tough questions or getting loud about the Bush administration going to Iraq.
Fox News "always" has their own agenda.
And yes, how can some of these guys get elected.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BartIV

So does MSNBC and CNN.

Everyone goes after Fox but never seem to say anything about their biased programming.

Global warming anyone?

I'm not really disagreeing with you btw....it's fox news bashing all the time here yet people disregard that the other news organizations are no better.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Ha Ha Ha. Don't diss on MSNBC, they pay to advertise on ATS. Go figure... I wonder how many MSNBC interns/staffers are actually members of ATS.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
GO NEIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE NEED SO MUCH MORE OF THIS.....

EVERY REPORTER SHOULD QUESTION EVERY POLITICIAN LIKE THIS.....

IT'S TIME FOR THE REVOLUTION TO BEGIN......

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Reducing. I meant reducing. Hasty response, therefore my apologies!!!

I don't agree with NC pretending as if it's "a bit Big Brother".

Taxpayers money, plus around 20% extra in bonuses for "most people" hell, sounds like progress to me

.......................................you all agree with that don't you???

Exactly. As long as wage increases are inline with inflation (NOT economic contraction!) should suffice.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by BartIV

So does MSNBC and CNN.

Everyone goes after Fox but never seem to say anything about their biased programming.

Global warming anyone?

I'm not really disagreeing with you btw....it's fox news bashing all the time here yet people disregard that the other news organizations are no better.

Good thread David9176. You are correct to point out that all the MSM including the major cable news organizations have their own spin. But, within those corporate news orgs. exist a few who will stand up for the ordinary citizen, such as Neil Cavuto.

This congressman is a disgrace. Where is the "transparency" in his stance to leave it to some unelected official to determine what employees compensation will be? Sounds like a Communist collective farm system to me. What happened to "change"? It is the same old game of "if you don't like the law ignore it", like we had under Bush.

Different actors, same script!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

But, within those corporate news orgs. exist a few who will stand up for the ordinary citizen, such as Neil Cavuto.

I've watched Cavuto hammer Republicans many times...especially over the bailouts.

Yeah..he's going to have some bias...who doesn't have bias?

People disregarding any news that comes from Fox without looking up the information themselves are the ones who are ignorant.

It should be done with all media...whether one trusts the source or not.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TailoredVagabond

Apology accepted. No worries.

This is my problem with this.

Take AIG for example: there was one Division of it that screwed up and basically destroyed the company; the financial services with their Credit Default Swap on mortgages, brilliant idea. Mind you, I am not here to defend AIG. Should the head of the Life insurance Division, who may well make over $400K ( I don't know) and had nothing to do with the Financial Sector's bonehead Credit Default Swaps have to pay the price when his managing of his portion of AIG had nothing to do with it's collapse, and in fact may be sound and profitable portion of the overall AIG biz?

Especially when a similar executive at a non TARP company can make more, won't that good Executive at AIG (this is just an example) just bail as soon as he can? You will be basically painting all the executives at a company with the same broad brush. You will cause a flight of good as well as bad executives if they can get better compensation elsewhere.

I'm sure these top executives won't keep working for $1 a year for very long, especially when someone else offers them 2.2M in salary.

It's a very slippery slope to let the the Govt. decide these things IMO.

BTW here is what the head of AIG's Life Biz made in 2007

Edmund S.W. Tse

$ 849,729 Salary

$ 1,838,455 Bonus

$ 3,729,295 Stock Awards

$ 3,354,527 Options

$ 5,860,619 Incentive Plan

$0 Pension Change

$193,060 All other Comp

$15,825,685 Total Compensation.

As a Comparison, Prudential's Top Insurance Head Made $ 11,197,511 and they are a lot smaller scale company.

Where do you draw the line?

www.companypay.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Damn.it's rare to see Neil get that mad!
the guy deserved it and sadly if you have lazy, greedy, disinterested and clueless citizens then you are gonna have lazy, greedy,disinterested and clueless government.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I typed out my thoughts and had to delete them. I don't even dare post what I think.

Geitner asked point blank for the power to control compensation for all publicly owned companies, not just the bailed out lot. If anyone has not seen the hearing, you need to. It is all over the Net.

Geitner makes my skin crawl and sets off all my alarms. Something is not right with him and I'm starting to wish for Bush back. This is way more dangerous.

Facism has arrived and as that Congressman made clear, they will do whatever they wish as they have complete control of the system with no checks or balances. The Supreme Court members are very old, lets hope they don't die. If Obama appoints even one Capitalism is all over with. Harvard and its madness will literally rule us all.

The Wicked Witch of the West, Pelosi, has completed her takeover of the system. Wave as she fly's over in her luxury jet you pay for with her family and freinds. Be sure and bow to Queen Nancy. Practice your Goosestep. Bush was a Saint compared to this crowd.

Face it America, we were tricked into giving one Party complete control. We deserve what is happening for our utter stupidity. Our youth has been brainwashed by these people who have taken over our education system and are continuously brainwashing our children right in front of our faces. No wonder the young on this board are so out of touch with reality at times. They are sitting ducks.

Read your history books my friends. Not the new textbooks but get off your butts and go the library and find old history books before the madness began. One more generation and people like Stalin and Hitler will be hero's and history will be rewritten.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It's never good when a politician writes off an individual as "paranoid and delusional" based on one statement.
This guy would probably sign off on building national mental asylums.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I enjoyed Neil more when he had that whole Elvis/Emo hair thing going on it really made him stand out, especially when he got excited & his voice raised about 4 octaves. I'll bet he could sing whole Eagle songs, main vocals & harmonies all at once.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Just remember this critical point.

The NWO folk will continue to create a problem (false flag operation, financially 'engineered' depression etc.).....in order to give you a solution; a One world govt. and One world currency=Absolute Tyranny over the flock.

May the Shephards spear the wolves.

YOU must be the Shephard, your representatives are owned and or compromised, blackmailed, payed off or otherwise to the End of the Other. The International criminal bankster Cabal have Trillions at there disposal to see their End.

This is Not a fair playing field; this is a Monopoly built via Fraud, collusion, blackmail, payoffs, assassinations and much, much more crime than one could imagine. This NWO has been in the works since the time of Rhodes.....only if Rhodes were alive today to see how the bankster class hijacked the very principles (whether right or wrong) Rhodes had originally envisioned, he would literally spin his grave.

May they burn at the stake with the very faux currency they perpetuate on the masses as kindling. Seems an 'appropriate' End. May the punishment fit the crime. How much more crime are you to bear witness?

These dispicable FOOLS are to be questioned and put to Justice. They are NOT to provide you Reason for Reason resides in Truth. Truth is absent in the midst of Tyranny. They will continue to operate in secrecy. A true Republic does NOT operate in secrecy. Ask yourselves why you are the last to know what is going on in your countries? They are frightened to reveal the Truth they have in store for you.

The govts. of the world have been taken hostage; your leaders were chosen FOR you.

Wake Up your brethren; your neighbors. Select your best videos and spread the Truth or perish in Ignorance and Serfdom.

Watch the movie, "Ring of Power" if you can find an uncensored copy. That should catch one up to date.

Time is running thin.

Good posts David.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
They require high school students to read and learn the Constitution (I hope).

They require immigrants wanting to become citizens of the USA to learn and study the Constitution (I know, I used to live in England)

Why isn't it required by those that work in DC?

Reading the Constitution hasn't been a requirement in schools since the teachers' unions took over education.

I think we should fill the next round of candidate forums and debates with questions about separation of powers, Article V, and the specific article relating to the position sought.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Neil Cavuto.... Wow. Lol, he got raged.

Neil focuses on this guy throwing out any arbitrary number. And assume the Congressman did throw out some arbitrary number... it's meaningless unless it's part of the law.

Neil also says that Congress is entrusted with oversight, and that couldn't be further from the truth. The US Republic is a government by the people, and WE are the oversight.

How many of you have even read this bill? How many of you that are insulting this Congressman, and your own intelligence, have even read this bill? How do you expect that Neil or yourself are going to have a remotely intelligent conversation about a bill, having not even read it?!?

It's clear Neil Cavuto hasn't read it. If he had, he wouldn't need to act like a 4th grader, with the debating skills of one, and the temper tantrums of one to boot. And if any of you haven't read it either, and are applauding Neil's actions, then you're in the same retarded group that Neil Cavuto is in - and YOU are what is wrong with the country. Just expecting someone else to take care of oversight. Just expecting that your own opinions for how a law should work are better than the whole of Congress (if the Yays should have it) without even reading the bill.

I've actually met lots of 4th graders that could have had a much better interview, and found out more REAL things about the bill to like or dislike. Neil's interview tells us NOTHING about the actual bill... only that Neil has some kind of "outline" given to him on how to manipulate that particular conversation, and when he's not getting the answer he needs to continue down that outline... bam - childish temper tantrum.

If he didn't have an outline, or someone in his ear, then his debating skills are even trumped by that of an average 4th grader. One might say "raged".

Thanks for reminding us why FOX News is still the worst outlet on the planet.

[edit]
and it looks like at least one of you partially read the bill in it's current state. good job. work half done. now we need to mobilize to make a difference and change the bill.

i don't know if any of you have been to washington dc to lobby, i have, and it's surprisingly easy to really make a REAL difference in a positive way, and unfortunately negative way alike.

we need more people out there, who are informed... not just mindlessly chasing ideals and going in the wrong direction, and not just chasing dollars.
[/edit]

[edit on 6-4-2009 by TheUnCola]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
These were the questions Neil was asking the congressman what boundaries are you going to set and the congressman replied we arent setting any we are leaving it up to the Treasury Secretary. Im sorry we left all the powers with the Treasury Secretary on the bailouts and we got this bonus issue because no boundaries were set. You might want to re listen to the interview and put your partisan ideology aside because this law could easily affect people who had nothing to do with the theft.

So then what you're saying is you agree with Neil in his argument that the Treasury Department is going to OVER limit inappropriate compensation?!?

Holy backwards logic, Batman.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join