It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Cavuto destroys Congressman Grayson

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Don't for one second think these clowns don't know and understand the constitution. They just do their best to ignore or manipulate it because it gets in their way.

They will continue doing so until people get fed up enough to start physically dragging them out into the street.

It sometimes seems to me that these AH's are purposely trying to piss as many people off as possible.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Who in the hell is this scumbag representative?

Looks like a damned loan shark or pawn shop owner...

There is a serious problem in this country folks, and this scumbag tippifies it.

It is high time we kick these sorry pieces of gutter-trash back to the curb from whence they came.

What A LOAD OF SH!T!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
maybe they should play this at lunch time at congress before nappy time..

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Hopefully Grayson will go do some homework on what he is doing. Legislation like this is created just to try and appease the American people IMO. Grayson was looking proud of it just before Neil handed him his own ass. LOL
Way to go Neil!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
They require high school students to read and learn the Constitution (I hope).

They require immigrants wanting to become citizens of the USA to learn and study the Constitution (I know, I used to live in England)

Why isn't it required by those that work in DC?

Who says they don't know it? Most of these politicians are criminals in one way or another and they have a much better understanding of the law than the common man, including ways to circumvent it. Its kind of like the Terminator knowing alot about human anatomy makes it a more efficient killer of humans. Those who know alot about the laws have a better understanding of how to work around having to obey them. Lets face it folks, most politicians see the constitution as a hinderance to their own personal agendas and will do everything they can to work around it, water it down, crap on it, ect.
Anywho, kudos to Cavuto, it makes me all giddy when I see a liberal go into their rhetorical defense mode and that ever present grin on that guys face implies that he is very uncomfortable.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Wow, with that red shirt and black tie I'm surprised horns aren't coming out of his head. The fox newscaster seems like he's blowing a lot of hot air and the congressman is a lying snake.

You can see it in his eyes that he doesn't care one iota about the tax payers and what they have lost. He is trying to jump on the bandwagon of "hate AIG" and it comes off as incredibly fake.

There is definitely something more to this. It reeks of TPB trying to use public emotion to pass something that works almost solely for them.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

\

What I find hilarious is that a Democrat can say with a straight face that he wouldn't put a number on what is excessive. So if a GM assembly line emplyoee make $55/hr would that be excessive? High wages overall are what have hampered the Auto industry. A Democrat just bascially would give the Treasury the power to bust the UAW pay contract, who woulda thought that?

I can see limited exectuives salaries and bonuses when they have destroyed a company, but to bascially make everyone in the company a potential target? Wouldn't you bail on a "government owned" company and move to a "independent" company if you thought your pay was at risk? I can't believe in America I have to say the words Governtment Owned Company.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I guess that they have been so used to softball questions by the MSM that they get their hats handed to them anytime a real reporter asks a question. Has the media sunk THAT low? That sleeze-bags like this jerk think they can get away with the tripe they spew and think that EVEN for a moment that people will buy it?
It's an insult to anyone that has half a brain!

Something these morons could only strive for.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Just a thought fellow posters, if a brain-dead chimp like this loser could get elected, then why, please oh-why aren't smart people trying /wanting to do better, have a better country, not running?

Is the political arena that fracking scary?
I mean, hell, I know vets with teenagers that can swallow razor blades and @%$! barbed wire.

How bad can the MSM be after that!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Because Washington is fixed.

It's just like network effects. Take the fax machine: nobody wants to buy the first one because you have nobody else to fax. Like the introduction of the fax machine, in Washington the politicians are all crooked, so to be a "straight" politician would be futile because the only way to get ahead and accomplish your goals is to play nice with the other politicians.

And this guy has no concept of the Constitution. He is truly an idiot, but this is not a surprise; I meet people every day from ivy league institutions that could not tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

He claims the Constitution specifically calls for this type of legislation, but he is gravely incorrect. In order to allow the executive branch to legislate (which is essentially what is going on), the legislature must place limits on the accomplishments--a sort of framework from which to start. If they don't, the executive may run wild with whatever it so chooses.

I am from Florida, but luckily I do not leave in this man's district. His website is a total joke and his commercials are borderline absurd.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
God the government is FILLED TO THE BRIM with douche bags.
Why the hell do the American people keep hiring these morons?

Gahhhh!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Neil Cavuto is a moron like the rest of the cast at FOX and Friends. Looks like he's making a big deal about a bill that is in the process of being written. This bill seems to want to fix a loop hole for how multi-millionaires can play the system and not pay taxes. The Treasury sets the range. So I guess you should pay your taxes and stop ripping off the Government because you think its unconstitutional and you cannot find a law anywhere for it. Chances are this bill will be worked out in the House just like all the other crap in the Senate.

I don't understand. Why doesn't Fox and Friends just start running the government. we'll call it the Fox House. And best of all their network of brainwashing media will already be in place for all the neocons to control you and the rest of you lamb meat.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

"quit being mean to meee.... mommy... he said a naughty word!!"

This guy is a grade a DOUCHE BAG. It's scum like that which have run the country to the ground. An 8th grader from an inner city school could preform his job better then he can. God that pisses me off. I mean, seriously, how the hell do idiots like that get elected?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Not exactly an inspiring performance by Congressman Grayson. What a peculiar looking gentleman, he looks like he's been dug up.

A number of contributors have suggested this legislation is unconstitutional. Why is that ? Can someone explain why that is ?

It seems nothing more than enabling legislation, a law which gives an official (the Treasury Secretary) authority to introduce regulations for a particular purpose (subordinate legislation). And it means once the Congressman's Bill passes, the Treasury Secretary will be able to cap excessive bonuses using a formula and a legislative regulation which itself will have to pass through Congress at a later date.

There's got to be some legal remedy to cap bonuses for these failed companies. Their employees aren't government workers, they're still working for private companies (albeit government backed). The authorities just can't restrict bonuses for employees in the private sector without a proper legal mechanism, it'd be outrageous if they tried that & many people here would be up in arms if the government went down that route.

It's only a pity the Congressman couldn't himself in tidy bite sized chunks or answer the main question posed ... what is an excessive bonus ?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Secrecy-BASED government, with its institutionalized fibbing, is the cause of every politician's lame-o response to every reporter's tougher question. News flash: It's not up to a single Superman-Savior to extricate us from the mess. Be more involved in the overall Truth Movement. Spread the word and begin the truly effective conversations.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Dean Goldberry]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
If it passes worded such as:

Excessive pay will be defined by the Treasury...

Then it would be easily misused, and tranfering too much power once again.

There should be a defined range or a restriction on it's use or just voted down with prejudice.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
First, to the conspiracy theorists...

If this is evidence of a conspiracy, then they're doing a very poor job of it. So no, no conspiracy.

Second, you "Constitutionalists" just throw around the document whenever you find something to disagree with. There is nothing in the Constitution that even addresses this particular issue, let alone prevents Congress from doing this. Do yourself a favor - read the Constitution, instead of simply quoting Chuck Norris and Ron Paul.

Look at it from the Congressman's perspective. People within his district are outraged over this mess and are screaming for people like him to do something about it. What is he to do? Sit there and talk about the importance of preserving a free market economy? This legislation is a very bad idea, but people like this Congressmen are simply responding to their constituencies. It is not part of some vast conspiracy to turn America into a collectivist dictatorship, as you all want it to be.

This proposed legislation is just a bad idea, nothing more. It will not get passed and you all have nothing to worry about. Like it or not, believe it or not, this government does work from time to time and it will not become "Big Brotherish."

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I propose that congress is overpayed and the cuts should start there. It was their incompetenet oversight that let this whole thing happen wasnt it?
How about no retirement for congressmen untill all who work get the same deal?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Digging a bit deeper, the Congressman does seem to be doing a good job when it comes to interrogating those who got us into this financial mess. He's a new Congressman too, elected only in 2008.

Have a look at this video of a House hearing and see what you think. Here he's questioning the CEO of Citigroup, Vikram Pandit, about the bailout that institution received. It makes for interesting viewing.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

Second, you "Constitutionalists" just throw around the document whenever you find something to disagree with. There is nothing in the Constitution that even addresses this particular issue, let alone prevents Congress from doing this. Do yourself a favor - read the Constitution, instead of simply quoting Chuck Norris and Ron Paul.

So astute. This would imply you understand the background of the Constitution? Anything not listed as a direct responsibility of the Federal Government is a distinguished right of the Free States. The Constitution outlines what the Government CAN do, not what it CANNOT do.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it grant any branch of Government from capping salaries of PRIVATE corporations. In fact it explicitly states that you CANNOT tax anything after the fact. Us crazy Constitutionalists who cried Unconstitutional when Congress passed legislation taxing bonuses after they where handed out where simply ignored. So was the Constitution.

Because the Constitution does not grant Congress nor the Executive branch from capping salaries of private corporations, the Federal Government CANNOT do such a thing. Unless ratified by the Free States. Congress is prohibited from granting ITSELF powers. Especially when it involves hand unconditional powers to another branch of Government.

This legislation is blatantly illegal, and has been drafted to appease the asshats we know as Americans who expect the Leader to forcefully change the economy.
Ps. Take your own advice, read the document, study the history of the movement behind the document.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join