It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS whats it for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ok , looked around her for a bit and it seems this site is basically useless, well not Tentickles avatar.....I have that saved as a wallpaper, hope you dont mind.But seriously I really dont get the objective of this side of the ATS.... do I need to drink before entering ?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

What is BTS for?

It's for those days, when you've just spend hours tapping away on the keyboard to someone over on the other side of the planet - and they just don't seem to get your point of view
When you need a break from the serious, and a moment to unwind.

Check it out, there are some great threads on this side... ATS is a well-rounded site, and BTS I think is important so that we don't all lose our cool.

Oh, and the only thread you need a drink in, is DATS.

- Carrot

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It's to get to know each other better, and share things other than conspiracy related stuff.

But if you think it's useless, stay on ATS. It won't bother us.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

But if you think it's useless, stay on ATS. It won't bother us.

I'll drink to that!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

BTS kicks ass....

If you don't "get it" you probably won't enjoy it.

Take the time and you just might realize that it is a cool place populated by thoroughly nice folks

Your post may be interpreted as a little rude or as a dig...i hope it was only inquisitive, as that's a little rude to be honest

[edit on 1/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

ahh ....see I got answers....mesa thanks you. And yeah, my biggest problem is that I am honest....gets me into trouble all the time...."You post may be interpreted as a little hostile or as a dig...i hope it was only inquisitive, as that's a little rude to be honest " Is it rude to be honest ? What is a dig ? To me its what I do , I am a paleontogist here in the great land of OZ. say hello to Dorthy and Toto .... so I dig in the rock
But I like being educated and informed , thats why I am here.... I really feel Im with good company , on both sites..heh hehe

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

you're welcome..

I just thought to say "this place seems useless" could be interpreted as rude.
No offense was meant.
this is more about real life on BTS...music, relationships,Art, recipes, chit-chat, jokes.

Whereas ATS is mainly your conspiracies, News, deluded teens/bored schoolkids type of place.

a good healthy mix of the two should serve you well my friend.

Peace

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Quite frankly the ratio I have is about 70% BTS and 30% ATS. I like BTS a whole lot :-p

ah well..not for everyone

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

BTS is a lighter side of ATS. There are entertainment forums and other more uplifting ones. If you do not like it, no one here is forcing you to stay. Visit occasionally, and you may find some threads you like.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
*** Terms and Conditions of ATS Apply ***

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

BTS is a site that actually is a pleasure to partake in and also meet some really great people.Conspiracy and gloom and doom can really wear you down and it's a breath of fresh air to discuss everyday things.I love ATS as well being into conspiracy and paranormal but BTS is my fave.You also notice the regulars on this site as it's a much smaller userbase.Long may it continue.

Now who wants to discuss the price of bananas tonight?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Yeah, I really feel at home with the people on these sites. It took me 7 years on internert research before I stumbled onto ATS. Yes to much doom is bad ,so I am here.
watch some Family Guy

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Did I tell you I hunt Dinosaurs for a living !

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Ohhh yeah....where do all the cool avatars come from? I must say as a art major, I love just looking at peoples avatars. Have saved some as slideshow material.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is for typical forum babbling, vs. serious and backed posts...
A chance to lighten up, temporarily take off the tin foil hats, and just talk a bit...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm a true fan of BTS.
You ask a legitimate question, and I will try and answer you in a manner you see fit.
ATS is amazing. The majority of members who call ATS home are very focused and intelligent. The research I've seen is amazing. I love ATS.
Now to BTS. The level of intelligence is just as high, just focused differently. What is BTS for you ask. BTS is like having a coffee with a friend. You can talk about pretty much anything. Tell a joke, tell a story, talk about last nights episode of your favorite program, or what do you think your sports team is going to do next game.
BTS is an outlet. Frankly I am one of those who thinks BTS is absolutely amazing. While I love ATS, I adore BTS. I've made MANY friends here on BTS.
If you are looking to find the meaning of life, how the Incas dissapeared, or what is the equation for anti gravity, you probably won't find it in BTS. Nor will you be called names (well maybe in jest) due to your views.
I've told so many silly stories, and even more real life stories on BTS. Not one of them mean a damn thing in the context of life. BUT. They are things which I, like many, write and share with others.
BTS is much more than the avatar you mentioned. It is a place to just hang out and be yourself.
After a long winded reply I will answer your question. BTS is quite simply a fantastic part of The Above Network which allows you to be yourself.
As ElevatedOne said though, the same T&C's which are mandated in ATS are also enforced in BTS.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

In my case, I'll peruse the ATS side of things for a while. But when I get upset over some
posts, then I quickly hit over to the BTS side of things to chill down. Usually, I'll simply hang out on the BTS side of things more often than not.

Like Lombozo said. It's like having coffee with a friend and a place to get to know your fellow posters. It's also an ideal place to make friends and I've made several over here.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What's B.T.S. for? Well for me one word...DECOMPRESSION

Funis Duo

top topics

join