It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seeing air

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have recently become aware that i am able to "see the air" for lack of a true explanation of what it is. When i look at a blank surface such as a wall and pay attention to the space in my peripheral vision i can see what looks like swirling or vaporous air. Also on the part of the wall where I am looking I see a concentration of dots and as I gaze at it, it turns into visual graphics that swirl around or look like they are in motion. Common ones are tunnels and roads but can become much more detailed and sophisticated landscapes, people and objects. It's like I can manipulate the image to be anything depending upon how I look at it.

I have figured out that the vapours in the air are what causes these images and i can see them best against a blank surface. Also, the vapours become much easier to see or more obvious the longer I am awake and this effects the degree of detail and sophistication of the image. This does not interefere with my normal vision as I have to intentionally focus or gaze at a point to see it.

I am curious if anyone else has experienced this.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have something similar, but I cant force it. As soon as I "pay attention" to it, I cant see it anymore.

When I look at a blue sky, with or without clouds, but mostly blue, I can see particle-like objects zipping around, staying still, floating around, very bizarre. Its not dust in the eye or air. I just enjoy it.

I guess it is the "air" that you see, with the air currents that are going about.
I say enjoy it, master it, maybe it can be of benefit later in life, or come in handy when you least expect it

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think you are seeing the stuff that floats around on your eye.
They are called floaters

FLOATERS LINKS

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yeah, me too. I 'see' the air. It's not a matter of seeing what is beyond the air; I have to look at all the funk in the inbetween. I relate it as a gazillion transparent pixels.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yes there is a term for it called 'visual snow'. Mine is similar but the pixels are more concentrated at the spot directly where I'm looking. I just recently learned that there is a term for it and is the closest I have come across to what I see. It is experienced by some people before a migraine although not all people get the migraine. You can read more about it if you google 'visual snow'. There are different degrees of it and some people hate it because it distorts their vision all the time. I am curious if there are others who can control it and percieve graphics from them.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I can induce a similar state. But I am sure it was normal as I have not spoken about it before.

Try pressing both eyes *with eyes close* increase force gently to amplify it as needed
then
as soon as you start seeing weird apparitions start thinking about things you can visualise and you will see them in black/white/sepia view.

after about 15 seconds of doing this focus on an object and then you can see air.

Ive always thought I was seeing air (i rub eyes alot under pressure) and never though nothing else about it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I have always seen colorful snow - like snow on a TV - everywhere.
Now I have glaucoma. I have no idea if the two are linked .. if the
colorful snow is a sign or not. I thought the colorful snow was
normal vision until I was told otherwise a few years ago.

reply to post by HugmyRek

A zillion transparent pixels .. all colorful. Yep.

[edit on 4/1/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yes it is normal to see lights and geometrical patterns when you rub your eyes. When you open them after what you are seeing is a negetive image of the patterns, stars etc. The negetive image is also normal, just like when you close your eyes you see an outline of the image where you were just looking for a few seconds and then it fades.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jeenie

I think i know what you mean, i have something that sounds quite similar.
The dots or particles in the air - do you see this indoors mostly? In the day it appears to look like rain - but dry (not many people can get there head round that when i say it), like rain, it sometimes spits, sometimes it poors. At night its more grainy and not disimilar to that of a bad low light camera phone video - well grainy. This is what i call dry rain - i looked into this last year, its official name is visual snow. It is a symptom, one of many i have for a condition called Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD). This is mostly associated with people who have taken Hallucinogenic drugs - but in some known cases in epilepsy and also brain tumours. I personally have had this since i was about 3 yrs old, well my earliest memory of it anyway. I have provided a link below to help you tell if this is the same kind of condition as mine, if it does sound familiar, i strongly suggest you get it checked out just to rule out any possible neurological problems. Not wanting to scare you, but worth looking into:

www.visualsnow.com...
www.neurosoup.com...

I can also see the swirling or warping of your visual field when i look at a white background, on roads, dirt tracks and the sky/air in you central visual field. I see it mostly on an overcast or very bright day. Does the clouds seem full of static or energy? Just a few more of mine that are similar sounding to yours, although i do have alot more

Well hope that may of helped a little

Anoether member, Cinnamonbrick, posted this youtube video in one of my threads, its not visual snow but you may find some things that sound familair - not all, but some bits, i know i did, but mine are presently presumed epileptic fits/blackouts. Makes me wonder if all neurological disorders/problems experience the same or similar phenomena too some degree - very strange and very mysterious indeed.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think that there is something real that certain people can see, it is nearly invisible but it can be captured on digital camera. In my case the images i see have faces, some also have bodies. Giving them a name is the hardest thing because they have so many different ones. My avatar is a photograph of them with, on and in me.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Yes I have heard of HPPD and have been on both those sites. I think I can link this to HPPD but I also think there could be more to it. It is different in that I can control it. I have to intentionally focus to see it otherwise my eyesight is normal. These are not geometrical shapes and flashing lights I see. It is more like landscape, people, objects etc and they can be extremely detailed and sophisticated. They look like cartoon images. It's like the pixels and the vapours are produced by my mind's eye and projected out so I can see the images with my physical eyes. By the way I have not used drugs for a couple years.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jeenie

open your sense's, feel what is happening around you and see how it might have an effect upon your plans? stay or go......

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
your seeing dust
catch it in the light and it looks exactly how you described

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I get the same thing. It looks like white noise or static ambience. No matter where I look I can see it, but infront of a white wall or in total darkness it is most apparent. I find this interesting as I and I think everyone else also hears white noise and static ambience when there is silence.

Its looks and sounds like a TV that has lost connection. Maybe this is the veil or our semi dissociation from reality, from the brain looking in.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hmmm... It seems like there is one of these threads every other month. It also always ends the same. You are probably seeing floaters, visual snow, or blue sky (the last word begins with an "e" and I can't seem to remember it). Don't think much of it and it will stop being as noticable.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Scheerer's phenomenon

Give this link a read and see if this is similar.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
WHen I underwent Spiritual Enlightenment many years ago, this phenom was one of the side effects, translucent pixels, I have had it for the last 5 years.

I think what we are seeing is what some have dubbed "ether" a mysterious substance that pervades all things that some on the fringe have talked about.

I can also manipulate it, but to a small degree because it is basically everywhere.

Now ...on to how to liquify it and bottle the results. Oh yes, I forgot Alchemist for centuries have discusses this.

Odd ...you feel like your crazy at first ...but then you realize everyone else is crazy cause they dont see/know things that you do.... then comes the lesson of silence.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I can see the same thing...to me its constantly almost like pixels..I know what the other person met by floaters..you'll see those alot when you look at something that is completely blue..and you'll even see them pulse along with your blood flow, and pulse rate....this however is something different, and my thoughts are most people can do..they just don't realize it. But I know what you mean even though its hard to explain it..its like seeing in pixels, when you really really look at your computer screen for instance you can see all the tiny pixels that make up the screen...thats what thisi is like..but it only happens when I think about it, or rather, I only take notice of it when I think about it..like now...you know, the new thought is that our universe is a 3d hologram...seriously, it was posted on here a few months ago, and you can look it up, scientist actually believe our universe is a 3d hologram....its interesting that some of us take notice that we see in pixels.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I dont think the word "pixels" defines it correctly...

It really is like seeing molecules of air, in front of you as well as 100 feet away. The world pixels reminds me of 2D dimension...

....whereas seeing the air, is like seeing air molecules, like the pixels are in 3D

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

This is a perfect description. I've had it all my life and it isn't from any hallucinating drugs .. which one of the sites says it's from. Next time I go in for my eye pressure check I"m going to ask about it. From what I understand, there isn't anything that can be done, but you never know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join