It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fast food! GRRR!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ok I went to Wendy's because I was craving a baked potato with bacon and cheese and some other things off the menu. I very rarely eat fast food because it's too greasy and well they never get the order right!!! How hard is it to read a screen and make a burger? I mean it's not like they are making chicken cacciatore for heavens sake! I would know how to make anything on the menu at various fast food places just from going there over the years.
I pay my 15 bucks for my order and my roommates and the fries were over cooked in oil which made them taste like....well burnt oil. I checked my burger before I left and it had no bacon and what is the main ingredient on a junior bacon? BACON! When I told the girl I had no bacon she snatched it from me and gave me an attitude. I paid fr extra cheese on my potato and when I got home I had about a teaspoon full of cheese on it. Ok I paid 50 cents extra (not that I care about 50 cents, it's the point I paid for extra) for an half teaspoon or what?! Ok this is not the first time this has happened, it seems like every time I go to one of these places I get home and am disappointed. Every now and then I crave it but lately I would rather make my own burgers, potatoes and fries! At least they would be correct!
Why do so many people who work in the fast food industry have attitudes and mess up your orders and then when you question them they get rude?! I am not saying all do it but the majority DO! They should be happy they have a job right now with so many people being laid off.
IDK maybe I am just complaining but this is really starting to annoy me!!

Anyone else have these problems at times?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yeah it sucks when that happens. I haven't ever had any notable screw-ups at a fast food joint... However my brother did, and I don't think he'll ever forgive McDonalds.

One thing you need to understand about him is that he LOVES fast food. Food in general, really. If you leave him alone with something he finds delicious you should not expect it to survive the night, and he is a self proclaimed "Master of Gluttony", yet skinny as a twig. Anyways, one night we decided to hit the golden arches for a burger, he orders a double quarter pounder with two extra patties and bacon. A pounder. They only gave him the regular burger but still charged us full price.

Needless to say, he wasn't a happy man.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Catfish

Yeah this seems to be a regular thing where I live, in FL. Everyone I know has problems I say about 50% of the time when they go through one of these places.

Nothing like ordering something you really want and it not being what you ordered when you get home. That sucks! I want what I pay for
so I can see where your brother would get upset with them. I ordered a burger meal and when I got to work it was a fish sandwich meal! I couldnt go back since I waited most of my break in line. I was very pissed since I do not like the fish sandwich in any way.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I remember this movie..hehe

I have used the line "have it your way" while ordering at BK when they gave me attitude about my order...lol

I usually dont get too pissed about this but I am sick and was craving certain things and well they messed it up and I did not want to drive back there.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I hate it when I say I want my burger to be dry.

As in no sauce. not just a damn patty and buns.

Just to make me even madder when I order something I say:
I want my burger dry with extra onions pickles and tomatoes...
and they give me the damn patty and buns...
still charging the price for the extra tomatoes.

GRRRRR

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Ahhhh yes, good ol fast food. If you're ever in Colorado, drop by my store, I'll make sure to get your order right, if you like KFC/A&W. It's too bad that so many others can't seem to. I can understand being paid minimum wage in a place that's understaffed because the big wigs are greedy and make the biggest profit at the expense of more stress for their workers. That alone is enough to make many people working fast food have a poor attitude. It's a hard job and is easy to get burned out on.
My advice is the next time they give you attitude, ask for a number to call, that usually gives them a scare.
I have customers tell me that I'm too happy. I simply reply, "Yeah I'm happy to have a job".
Hope you can find a place that's more friendly, they're hard to come by. I'm very lucky to work at one.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Slash]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Ah yes, the movie "Falling down".

Vigile ante justice. Who hasnt been in a situation where they felt like doing something like that?

That movie was on tv the other day. He took things a bit far at times, but I actually found myself supporting him!

seriously though, yes it is very frustrating when an order is wrong. filling an order is not as straight forward as alot of people assume. I have worked at a fast food join, but not for long because it is a terrible job (that is why alot of the employees are so grumpy.

On the cash register, if some one orders a cheese burger and a drink, they cant just press the cheese burger and drink button. There is litteraly a whole series of codes they have to memorize. I cant recall what the codes were when I worked there, but they seemed to have no relation to the words, cheese burger or drink.

I try to be very patient, when I eat at a fast food joint. After all, I have worked behind the counter and I have seen what some people do to your food if you are a prick to them..... Also, they are very dirty back in the kitchen.

I remember, the fryer most of all. Each morning before the store opened, we put litteraly, a 1 foot by one foot block of lard in there. Gross

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I usually have had good luck with Wendy's and BK. Micky Dee's is another story. They usually get the order wrong, and have that big sigh when you bring it too their attention like it is your fault THEY messed up your order. I don't expect much from minimum wage workers on attitude, but I do expect an order to be correct. As the OP stated, they have a cash register with pictures of what you ordered, and several screens with the special orders on it.

I like the fast food scene in the movie "Falling Down", and think the 50 cents soda scene is quite good too.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have always had pretty good luck there and at Whataburger, but Taco Bell and Taco Cabana can never get anything right to save their lives!! When I say no sour cream, and they put sour cream and I ask for a different... and to be given the same one back with the cream scraped off..
Yeah, thats when I have an issue!!

I agree with the poster who said they are happy they have a job.
I used to get that a lot when I worked. "you're too happy to be working here" Well, I'd rather be working there than somewhere less desirable.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HBStar

I live in a Mexican neighborhood, so I can never eat at Taco Smell again! Once you eat the real thing, the fast food junk will never do again.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

That's so funny, we are almost opposite in that sense. I grew up on the real stuff! Well, Tex-Mex, which I prefer over the authentic Mexican food anyday! I have no idea why I can be so into Taco Smell (LOL, Good one!) Now, I only get their crunchy tacos and cinnamon twists because their soft tacos are fake and gross.. But crunchy, yumm.. ;-)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I use to do fast food a lot and I had the same issues that most everyone else has, order messed up, food over cooked, left under a heat lamp for too long. I made the decision to just start making everything myself at home. While it does take longer than driving down to taco hell or any one of those places, at least I know what went into my food and I am the final quality control.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vodo34861

You probably saved yourself a great deal of money in the process too. Fast food is just as expensive as a sit down restaurant, where you get service. If I go out, it is not to a fast food place anymore.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Why do so many people who work in the fast food industry have attitudes and mess up your orders and then when you question them they get rude?! I am not saying all do it but the majority DO! They should be happy they have a job right now with so many people being laid off.

Well there is a reason why they are still working in the fast food industry isnt there?

By the way, we have the same issues here in Australia....seems one of the criteria you have to have to work behind a fast food counter is "moron"

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Now now Oz, we're not all like that. Just most of us.

I work with some morons in my store.:bnghd:

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Slash]

top topics

join