It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan seeks to slash industry influence on doctors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Plan seeks to slash industry influence on doctors

news.yahoo.com

In a drastic proposal for limiting drug company influence on doctors and patient care, a group of prominent physicians says medical associations and their leaders should reject almost all industry funding.

It joins the growing calls for more restrictions to prevent inappropriate drug company influence on patient care.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This has been a major problem in the medical industry for a long time and it has flown under the radar of mainstream America. It is really good to see a group of distinguished medical professionals speak out on this subject in a respected and universally recognized publication such as JAMA (Journel of the American Medical Association).

Hopefully, doctors will adhere to this proposal and force these multi-billion pharmaceutical companies will start to reform some of their questionable practices...but I won't be holding my breath.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kawz1

Having worked in hospitals, and with physicians in private practice, I see this as something very positive.

Hopefully the days of these companies wining and dining Dr.'s will soon be over!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
What about the doctors get to learn to have some ethics? Can't have that? Having doctors with no ethics is really reassuring.

Seriously, no funding = less research = bad.

new topics

top topics

join