It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why violence may be necessary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Why violence may be necessary? Can you truly bring about change without violence? I think not as history has proved. Our own government preaches this mentality, it seems to be the only thing they understand. Did we say, hey Taliban, stop what your doing or we will protest and boycott your country? No, we sent troops. Do you think Congress is on Capitol Hill afraid of the public because there may be thousands sitting on the lawn singing cumbaya in protest? I think not. Although I am not pro violence in regards to protest, it may be the only language they listen to. "They" are not afraid of people outside holding signs. It means nothing to them and the have proven this. If they understood what it would really be like for them if they did injustice to the people time and time again, perhaps they may be scared straight. Just a thought, but you have to admit, it does require some thought.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I will tell it like I do to my children, "Never pick a fight, but stand your ground if a fight is brought to you". Violence will only be needed if violence is perpatrated on the people. The last thing you want to do is start the fight. If you fail then you look foolish for trying. In contrast if you fail when the fight is brought to you, the image is more of martyrdom and advancement of your cause. As far as I am concerned, violence is theirs to start not ours. Until it is perpatrated upon us, we must use all means possible to peacefully bring change in the system.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
wtf??

how are you going to stand against the NWO??

rthey will use every kind of weapon to kill you lol

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

So how could this possibly be done with any measure of success at all. I agree with your concepts. Since they have started the financial wa%, uh hum, sorry confrontation, do we do something non violent like refuse to pay our taxes, thereby striking them back non violently as they have done us? I just struggle to find methods that have worked over recorded history. I fear that if the day comes that they do use violence or the means of violent control over the populace we may have nothing left with to be effective. However, if we do something like not pay our taxes, which I know will never happen, they will be forced to do something.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
"Those who make peaceful revolutions impossible make violent revolutions inevitable."

JFK paraphrased

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I know it's just a movie, but it's a great quote:

From Starship Troopers(1997)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dizzy: My mother always told me that violence doesn't solve anything.
Jean Rasczak: Really? I wonder what the city founders of Hiroshima would have to say about that.
[to Carmen]
Jean Rasczak: You.
Carmen: They wouldn't say anything. Hiroshima was destroyed.
Jean Rasczak: Correct. Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Use of shear numbers backed by the ability to repel violence with violence when needed. I am not saying it can be done without violence, but they must fire the first shot. PERIOD. If and only if it resorts to violence the techniques used by the resitance will be difficult to beat. Gorilla warfare tactics are tough to defend against. The key problem that everyone looks over is that the military WILL aid the resitance. So now the resitance will have the same technology but greater numbers. How does that look like a loosing battle. I think that "The Powers That Be" are aware of this.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure violence wouldn't be brought to us first, "They" have nothing to gain by that.

As long as we continue to feed them through our labor, they could care less about any signs/ peaceful protests we may hold.

With 60 million laws on the books, and more being added daily, we have two choices, really.

One choice is to become complacent, accept every law, and follow it, because we don't want any trouble.

The other choice is to not become complacent, live our lives the way we wish, and take our chances.

Taking our chances, however, means constantly looking over our shoulders, worrying about what we say, or type, or think, because we are concerned about the consequences of our actions.

Perhaps those above the law need to be concerned about the consequences of their actions, as well.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I understand, but how many times can you be slapped in the face before you slap back? We have not been "fired" upon, but we have been violated.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am not saying that an "ARMED" revolt is not needed but, in no form or fasion should any violence be started by the resitance. I feel that one by one the Congress, all other Federal entities, coporate CEOs, bankers, and even local governments should be arrested and put on trial for what they have done and have been doing to the people. If everyone can get their acts together and inform the public, then arrest the people with a majority of the people of the USA backing them then we will have our revolution. This is a non violent solution. Which as citizens we have a right to do. If these people have nothing to hide then they will come willingly. First and fore most you must inform the people. You have to open the eyes of the public and rally support for the cause of freeing the American people again.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I agree with your principles, however, unfortunately I see the rallying of the American populus even the minority to be hopeless. It is sad really, that all we are doing is protesting loudly in our own heads, with our friends and family as well as on sites like these. There does not seem to be an easy answer and all the while as things play out, we keep losing more of our liberties. It almost seems as though we are being challenged, ie behind closed doors, "let's see how much we can get away wih before they get really pissed."

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Collect and use money to buy billboards, new articles, TV slots. You aren't trying to find a way to inform the public. The use of "Shock" advertising will get people to inquire more about your issue. Campaign the revolution like you were running for office. Once the campaining starts so will the revolution. Just think if everyone that posts on here procures a billboard then using a "shock" advertisement to get people to inquire more, how many people will you reach? How many will they reach? Think of it as a pyramid scheme or a multi level marketing system. These systems work. Use the knowledge of how we have been taken to the cleaners in the past for our future gains as a revolution. Those two systems are very successful, and will work with no violence in getting the word out. Educate and then act on what the people want to do.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You know this will not happen.

I abhor violence and I agree that violence should be a last resort. I do believe there are several steps until violence. One thing I am hopeful about is the states affirming the tenth amendment.

I do however agree with you that violence should be a response to violence. It puts morality on your side and will gain more potential allies when it is in self defense.

There are far too few who are playing the chess game on behalf of the people. It seems that those numbers are gaining though, such as a few congressman and even more state congressmen, and now newscasters, such as Glenn Beck and Lou Dobbs.

The game is not yet finished, all be it, it does not look good for us.
That being said, keep your ammo stocked and your guns cleaned.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Now that is a good idea.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I respectfully disagree, because when people see something difficult to deal with they turn the channel, ignore it, bury their heads in the sand. Have you ever tried to inform someone and they don't want to hear it That's with you in front of them with actual facts. Good luck getting attention from someone like that dirving 70mph down the highway. Same thing with TV, even if you listen to Ron Paul, it begs for resistance of some kind, yet the majority of the populus doesn't even know who Ron Paul is or what he stands for. I would love to find a solution, but yours of informing the masses has even been sttempted by limited MSM and has yet to gain much attention. Any other ideas welcome. I agree with your principles once again.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I feel that one by one the Congress, all other Federal entities, coporate CEOs, bankers, and even local governments should be arrested and put on trial for what they have done and have been doing to the people.

Arrested and put on trial by whom?

Congress approves the funding of the very agencies that we might hope would be doing the arresting.

As has been shown, CEO's and bankers are the very ones who "elect" Congress, not the people.

Elliot Spitzer, after sending thousands of people to prison, thereby ruining those peoples lives, was not prosecuted for his crime.

He wasn't prosecuted because the Prosecutor felt that the loss of his (Spitzer) position, and humiliation he suffered, was punishment enough.

Boy, can I get that kinda break?
Or is his humiliation that much more profound than the humiliation that those he sent to prison felt.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Oaktree]

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Oaktree]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The key problem I see as a whole is what separates us from "The Powers That Be" is our complacency as a group. My feelings are that there alot of people who want change. They want the corruption and greed taken out of our government. We talk about it amongst ourselves but aren't willing to risk our lifestyle or reputations to further our cause. That puts the majority on the level of informed sheeple instead of just sheeple. I ask you wich is worse, to have knowledge and do nothing, or to be blind?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ron Paul and the like are not good at informing the public. It will take masters of human psychology to build the advertising campain. You have to gain interest first. There way is not aggressive enough to garner support. Appealing to the senses is where they fail. This is where we will succeed.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonking76

Here's another great movie quote we might adopt as the mantra against the NWO, I don't think I need to even name the movie:

"Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe"

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I foresee food riots, caused by shortages and minimal purchasing power in the public. Once we begin rioting and perpetrating violence against each other, martial law will be declared city by city. Things will have gotten so bad that people are killing for food, shelter and gasoline. This will be the excuse that begins the "restablishment of order".

We believe we are seeing the worst times, we have not yet even approached the worst times.

It is very true that the populace, even armed with AR-15's or M-16's, cannot repel the US military. However, insurrection and resistance begins small, by using guerilla tactics, not confrontations.

My weapons are ready, are yours?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join