It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Protestors being questioned, searched and having photos taken by Police!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Sky News have just reported that the police are making those still being held around The Bank of England through todays G20 Protests/Demonstrations; leave the area in SINGLE FILE - And as they leave, they are ALL (NO Exceptions) being searched, questioned AND Having their photographs (mugshots) taken.

There is absolutely no distinguishing between peaceful/troublemaking members here, no "Discrimination" as it were, they're treating EVERY - SINGLE - ONE as a criminal!

This is sickening and just ANOTHER wake up call to what's going on in the world. I'd be surprised if they don't demand fingerprinting/Blood taking from each one soon enough.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Im actually disappointed by the protesters, I think there was one guy hitting a glass window, while some 50 people watched with cameras..................... Really, noone else is going in and acting, just this one guy has to do it.

I don't see why they don't all bum rush the G20 meeting, bypass the puny police force, and kick ass!

And why the hell in a protest do you subdue yourself to the police, I don't like it when they play fair, and the other side isn't.

Right now, it seems that theres 4000 people just standing in the road, making traffic horrendous. Other then that, its pretty dull.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Im actually disappointed by the protesters, I think there was one guy hitting a glass window, while some 50 people watched with cameras..................... Really, noone else is going in and acting, just this one guy has to do it.

I don't see why they don't all bum rush the G20 meeting, bypass the puny police force, and kick ass!

And why the hell in a protest do you subdue yourself to the police, I don't like it when they play fair, and the other side isn't.

Right now, it seems that theres 4000 people just standing in the road, making traffic horrendous. Other then that, its pretty dull.

And it's comments like that, that give peaceful protests a bad name. That "one" was not a protester, he was a provocetuer, either of Police status or otherwise... Hence why the Police did NOTHING to stop him whilst he bashed the window in.

They were waiting inside w/ Tear gas for other followers to climb into the building.

The point of today was not to incite and cause riots; or to storm anything... It was to PEACEFULLY Protest against a number of things, on the G20 Agenda.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I understand your point of view, but I think its time we don't stand for the sh there throwing our way.

Apparently they don't care what we think and standing in the road looking around with a big smile on. Doesn't do anything.

I do agree that it would be more reasonable that they record the provecatours (bad speller) instead of every person.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'd like to be clear that I wasn't intentionally attacking you or your personal opinion; as was once said. I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

Although I probably wouldn't because I am a coward

But regardless... I don't think turning to absolute animalistic violence is necessary at all. - Neither of these approaches (Attacks or peaceful protests) is going to do a damn thing, IMHO.

"They" will always find a way around these situations.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
True, but if violent or peaceful protests won't do anything what will.

I'm not even just upset about the economy, it's the jobs lost, the insane taxes, the tripled deficit, well some about the economy, foreign relations, the border violence. It just seems that why were all outside doing these peaceful protests their inside making small talk with each other, while there secretaries are under the table, doin you know what.

And that is most frustrating of all. We shouldn't fear the gov't they should fear us!

We all have opinions, if I don't listen to yours i'm an even dumber man for it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The best idea would be to build nuclear bunkers... Leave one person to detonate (Osama maybe?)

Ruin the entire planet of all our tech/electrical/other stuff we've made throughout our time on Earth and start again, from scratch.

Everyone would be equal that way.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think it was safe to assume that you would be photographed and logged if you attended the protests at any point. I think it's also safe to say that the information gathered tonight will be used to pursue the leaders of protest groups and those deemed "dangerous".

I wouldn't be surprised if a few people who attended today and will attend tomorrow will receive a visit from the local police force in a few days.

This is why I don't attend protests. That and I've been hit in the head enough times to know I don't want to be hit in the head again.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
According to people who're there right now and on Twitter you will be searched before they let you go but you don't have to give your name or address nor do you have to consent to a photo. Although, I'm sure the cops aren't informing people of this, that is, after all, how they operate.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well although your nuke it all approach is acceptable, that could ruin the atmosphere, or make it unhabitable for anyone afterwords.

We do need a very large event to happen to bring some appropriate change to the way Gov't is handled.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
the polis are now using anti terror laws to force people to take the pictures and videos of their phones and cameras.

rt@g20journo Police using antiterror outside #climatecamp to make people delete images of police off cameras under threat of cam seizure

search.twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
the polis are now using anti terror laws to force people to take the pictures and videos of their phones and cameras.

rt@g20journo Police using antiterror outside #climatecamp to make people delete images of police off cameras under threat of cam seizure

search.twitter.com...

Effing ridiculous. This is for one of two reasons.

1: So that those who were dressed as protesters can't be ID'd later.

2: So that evidence of the truth cannot be bought into public, later.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N

1: So that those who were dressed as protesters can't be ID'd later.

2: So that evidence of the truth cannot be bought into public, later.

Of course,which is why the cctv system was deemed illegal and closed beforehand.

new topics

top topics

join