It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto GM crop fails in South Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Monsanto GM crop fails in South Africa

www.digitaljournal.com

South African farmers suffered millions of dollars in lost income when 82,000 hectares of genetically-manipulated corn (maize) failed to produce hardly any seeds.The plants look lush and healthy from the outside. Monsanto has offered compensation.

Monsanto blames the failure of the three varieties of corn planted on these farms, in three South African provinces,on alleged ‘underfertilisation processes in the laboratory”. Some 280 of the 1,000 farmers who planted the three varieties of Monsanto corn this year, have reported extensive seedless corn problems.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Maybe their "terminator seeds" that were supposed to produce plants with sterile seeds failed even more than they should have failed ?

Nothing to comment. Don't buy from them or others that want to copyright life.
In fact I don't see why people buy from them, unless forced somehow.
Their plan is to make all the world's seeds their property trough copyright. They use corrupt politicians everywhere to pass laws that favor them...Nothing new.

www.digitaljournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-4-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

I have just been led to this link ... amazing that nothing more has been said about it considering the implications.

Thousands of people are now facing famine after a massive crop failure in South Africa. The Times of Zambia has just reported that three types of Monsanto GE corn has failed to pollinate affecting 82,000 hectares (202 000 acres) of vital food production land.

Link 1

Now I am not sure if this is a good thing ir a bad thing. People are likely to starve but it does raise awareness that Monsanto GM crops are not the way to go.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I don't think GM crops are worth the trouble, and people making money off making sterile seeds is just plain wrong. I know these genetic engineers think they know what they are doing, but nobody truly understands every aspect of life. It's causing famine in South Africa (or possibly will) and in another thread they have a lot of farmers commiting suicide over failed crops and the such. Check out the other thread if you're interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
They have got the people by the short and curlies.
As long as GM seeds are forced upon poor farmers, this type of thing will happen time and time again.
GM should just be made illegal and done away with.

I bet Obama doesn't have monsanto seeds in his garden.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

These crops were not fertilized ... are bees rejecting them? The insect world is always the first indicator that things are wrong with the world and are more sensitive when things are going wrong!

new topics

top topics

join