It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb blows hole in Lenin statue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Bomb blows hole in Lenin statue

news.bbc.co.uk

One of Russia's most famous statues of Vladimir Lenin has been bombed, leaving the Bolshevik revolutionary with a gaping hole in his rear.

No-one was hurt in the attack, the motive for which was unknown.

"Today at 0430 [0030 GMT] there was an explosion at the Lenin monument at the Finland Station in the city centre," a spokesman for the Saint Petersburg branch of the Russian emergency situations ministry told the AFP news agency.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.shortnews.com

[edit on 1-4-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Perhaps the love for Lenin is slipping, now that people are coming to realize the true nature or origins of every leader who were supposed to serve them, but answered to an higher master, and worked against their interests?

Is this the start of the cultural revolution, where the ideal world for the PTB is beginning to degrade as people learn the truth about who really controls them, and why?

Did the bombers say, that Lenin can blow his philosophy out of his arse for all he wants, because they're mad as hell and won't take being controlled or manipulated any more?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-4-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Its really hard to say unless someone comes forward and claims responsiblity for it - or they catch whoever did it.

It could be because of civil unrest - or several other possible reasons (an outside group angry and Russia about something, maybe even some people just thought, "Hey, wouldn't it be funny to blow Lenin's butt off?!")

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs
["Hey, wouldn't it be funny to blow Lenin's butt off?!]

I hope the vid will be showing up on Youtube!

If they dared to post it!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have to say that this is one bombing I can approve of

Why do they still have statues of Lenin anyway? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't communism all but destroy Russia politically and socially? It's like Germany still having statues of Hitler

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
April 1st anyone? Not that funny.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I don't think this is a fake story or a photoshopped picture, Vandals just blew a hole in the statue on April 1, just their idea of a joke, I guess.

Well, one man's vandal is another man's prankster.

I don't know if Lenin was a villain or hero, but someone obviously went to the trouble of making a bomb blow a giant hole through what I assume to be iron or bronze, I don't know.

new topics

top topics

join