It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama Give Queen a IPOD

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I was watching some news outlet last night, maybe CNN I dont remember it was late. According to them Michelle gave The Queen the iPod. Anyways who cares it's the thought that counts. I cant believe how many of you on here think it's tacky. Like I said before she is the Queen~ What do you get her?! As for the picture argument I personally think it a dumb idea. I am sure she gets pics all the time of people. I wish someone would ask The Queen her thoughts on this.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
A few things to add my .02 to this discussion.

1) I know the MSM has 'reported' what's on the iPod. But what else could be on there? iPods are getting larger every month. They can hold ALOT of data.

2) Everything has symbolism. What could the iPod represent, or stand for? What would other gifts have meant?

3) I mostly agree with DeLarge ... "This is irrelevant...."

It's a great way to distract us from the more important real issues. Unfortunately most of America is focused on this stupid useless gift (and what Mrs. O wore the other day)

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jephers0n

Please, someone explain this one to me... Or are you all just looking for something to get mad about?

Yes. From the beginning of time.

If the Queen were to be caught privately on a cell phone camera in her inner circle group of friends with no press around, telling all of them that she really liked the gift, these same group of mind-numb robots would be on the airwaves, and in these forums, saying that the queen has gone senile.

Nothing can stop the propagandizing hate machine. The best thing we can do is set back, take notes, and enjoy the show.
Watching them complain is like watching the movie Jaws. Every time you watch it, you catch something new that you missed before.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett
An ipod is a gift you would give a high school or college student, maybe a good friend!

Or someone you were related to???????

Bush and Obama are related....Bush quote after looking at the queen one time "she gave me a look that only a mother could give a child"

not that i believe it neccesarily in full but interesting thought

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

not true! Im poor! I cant wait to start working ( just finished college) i have to fix this computer a bit and buy some business clothes then ill be able to buy an Ipod!

jerk! (dont take it seriously i dont care but just beating your point
one love)

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
reply to post by jephers0n

Please, someone explain this one to me... Or are you all just looking for something to get mad about?

Yes. From the beginning of time.

If the Queen were to be caught privately on a cell phone camera in her inner circle group of friends with no press around, telling all of them that she really liked the gift, these same group of mind-numb robots would be on the airwaves, and in these forums, saying that the queen has gone senile.

Nothing can stop the propagandizing hate machine. The best thing we can do is set back, take notes, and enjoy the show.
Watching them complain is like watching the movie Jaws. Every time you watch it, you catch something new that you missed before.

Fantasize much. Leave the thread if you don't like it. Perhaps you can file through the endless number of Bush Bashing threads so that you can remember the good old days. Every president is a puppet. There is no difference and they will always be criticized by the opposition.

Well, you just sit back and watch the show while Obama and his handlers destroy this nation bit by bit. I never thought I would see a Marxist in the White House.

Oh BTW. Don't forget this.

Don't Touch: Michelle Obama Abandons Protocol With the Queen It has been considered a breach of protocol to touch the Queen.

She is an idiot just like her husband.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
An ipod - how special!!!!
An ipod with his speeches on it - how narcissistic!!!!!

Next time she'll probably get an ebay gift certificate for $50 from him if our government can afford it.

[edit on 4/2/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It's the Queen whose a narcist, handing out pictures of herself to everyone she meets is proof enough.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It was a very thoughtful gift; just not very well thought through. The Queen (or any important person) can not be running around with a 'device' close to her person and in her private quarters; given by friend or foe of unknown intention. The specifics are moot. As anything could have been placed within the device-a poison, a listening device, an explosive device, a transmitter.

It's not a matter of 'do I trust you'. It is a civility of common sense.

The thought was very nice, and maybe the GB card with the information would have been in more appropriate taste-along with another obvious issue free gift, like.... hmmm an 8 ft tall carved glass statue of....

Oh I don't know. Not himself!

I do not believe he was being rude. I believe he was sharing photos or speeches or whatever knowing the priceless nature of their consolodation.

I believe he was trying to be thoughtful.

Who's the joker who let him lose face by giving a gift that in no way, shape, or form could have been accepted?

That's the question. Fire that guy.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Two points I want to make, you really think their administrations don't talke to each other? I am sure the COS here and the British equivilant are discussing it and find it appropriate.

The other is, the gifts you see exchanged are not not the only ones. They are for the pictures and the public eye. There is probably a tractor trailer of goodies sitting behind the palace.

All of these people probably take these gifts and toss them on the massive pile of other gifts they receive.

I heard on a show once that Bill Clinton had received so many times that he never ever wore the same one twice. And started re gifting them.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Fantasize much. Leave the thread if you don't like it. Perhaps you can file through the endless number of Bush Bashing threads so that you can remember the good old days. Every president is a puppet. There is no difference and they will always be criticized by the opposition.

You know what i love most about your thread?

You don't admit that i'm wrong.

It's great.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

'' Yo maa', hope you enjoy the 21st century. I put some banging tune'z on this mini boom box for ye, when ya sitting back sipping tea' laughing at charles drop some noise in ya ears ''

Only if he added some spinning rims with the iPod, then it would be an outstanding gift.

Just saying.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
reply to post by jibeho

You know what i love most about your thread?

You don't admit that i'm wrong.

It's great.

I'll just wait for you to actually try to make a point first before I prove you wrong. I know you are a die hard Obama fan so this might take a while.

BTW It's not my thread.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

an ipod...

can you get anymore ghetto?
how embarrassing to our nation.

that is so ghettofabulous.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett

So is this yet another Class less Gift from our President? First Dvds and now an Ipod. Hopfully it is at least an Ipod Touch! As the artical states the Queen allready has an Ipod. What is next a gift certificate for Itunes? I honestly think this man has no class what so ever, he could have put a little thought in to a gift to be given to a queen.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

You idiot!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hopefully his personal giving doesn't stop there but extends well into the regions of Africa and Asia where clean water is seen as a luxury.

The Problem: 1.1 billion people still don't have access to clean drinking water.

Dirty, diseased water leads to a cycle of poverty, sickness and inability to develop.

The Solution: You get involved and help dig wells, build small dams, put up water tanks and provide clean, safe water for thousands.

Why Give Water?
What if the gift you make today could do more than simply save lives…what if it could change lives? Forever.

Clean water saves lives, but is also changes them. Girls return to school. Women begin small businesses. Men are no longer too sick to work. Fields are watered and food supply becomes more reliable. Health returns and children grow up to be productive members of their community. The cycle of poverty is broken. Lives change.

"When water comes…everything changes." That's what our driver told us as we drove from town to town in Kenya. And we see the change every time a new well brings clean water.

Clean water isn't an end…it's a means.
thewaterproject.org...

[edit on 2-4-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blogstalker
I agree more thought should have gone into the gift but it is very American.

Apart from the fact that the iPod was designed by a Brit by the name of Jonathan Paul Ive CBE - so an Anglo-Amercan gift possibly makes it more appropriate??

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Come on now relax.

I wouldn't mind if somebody gave me an ipod as a gift!

The queen may be royalty, but it does not mean she is better than me or you, that she deserves a better gift than you or me, she's human, and I'm sure she enjoyed the gift just like anyone else would.

Sometimes "celebs" like to be treated human for a change, and not like some god.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lookin4answers
Bush quote after looking at the queen one time "she gave me a look that only a mother could give a child"

Unfortunately for ol' George, the child she had in mind was Prince Edward

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Some people will grasp and absolutely anything to bash the Obama's.

The queen liked it and even embraced Michelle Obama (which is a first), so I say they did a good job.

And why is this even on ATS?

Get over it people.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join