It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama Give Queen a IPOD

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett

So is this yet another Class less Gift from our President? First Dvds and now an Ipod. Hopfully it is at least an Ipod Touch! As the artical states the Queen allready has an Ipod. What is next a gift certificate for Itunes? I honestly think this man has no class what so ever, he could have put a little thought in to a gift to be given to a queen.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

How is it class less? According to the article she has one anyway, so it isnt like it was an insult. She apparently likes ipods...

The one given to her, was loaded with pictures and videos of her visit to the united states... What is class less about that? The gift, is the pictures and videos downloaded onto that ipod.

I can't wait for the day some one actually comes up with a REAL complaint about obama.

I have news for you. Giving dvd's or an ipod with pictures of the queens visit, is NOT a bad thing. It does NOT make Obama a bad person or president. It is not the slap in the face you want to believe it is.

The queen is one of the most proper people in the world. If she accepted it and had no issues with the gift, Perhaps it is not as class less as you think.

All I see here is nit picking. I see nit picking because there are no real issues yet to pick!

I am not crazy about obama but I am not going to hate him just because of his choice of gifts. If The queen enjoyed her gift, and Brown enjoyed his, who are you to call it class less? I know that I am no one to insult the gift........ What about you?

peace and love

GST

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Maybe it has a miniature authorized Federal Reserve printer in the back of it.
Heck why not?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Man I would have had a custom giant lava lamp made with a in laid fish tank with some very rare very poisonous things inside. That's a good gift one with thought that took lots of money that would be VERY unique and people would be like Wow that's awesome! lol it me like 5 min to think up.... maybe obama needs better pot... Lol

DK

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I think Obama gave the song book and it was Michelles idea for IPOD.
How do I know this you may ask?
Well when Brown came to the States, Obam admitted he was exhausted and tired and therefore left the gift buying to Michelle who bought the DVDS.
DVDs and IPODS are kind of in the same line as gifts.

Obamas a LEO and we are well known for being generous thoughtful gift givers.

So that settles it.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

BTW, what do you give a Queen who has enough money to buy anything she wants?

Just curious.

A passionate night of hot steamy......... no... no no no!

I would have put some Queen and Prince on the ipod, just to make it a little more Royal.

Or maybe he just didn't want to waste his money and wasn't really bothered what he got her?

Over and out
Twisted-Inside-Out

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I lolled at the poster who suggested a signed photo of himself was classier than an ipod...

I think it's a nice enough gift. The contents were the real gift- the ipod was just so that he didnt shove a USB memory stick into her hand.

You Yanks should stick to sentimental gifts, you have no hope of matching the class of an Englishman- let alone the class of our Queen

Originally posted by Blaine91555
No person is better than another.

And yet every four years you elect a man upon whom you bestow supreme privileges beyond those enjoyed by our queen. And unfailingly, every time he turns out to be only half as dignified and calm as the queen.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Never thought I'd find myself associating myself with the Queen.

I believe it is utterly disrespectful and pretty insulting to this country that our Prime Minister and Head of State are given trivial gifts. But what do you expect from a politician, with a grandiose messiah complex and cult of personality, acting as "the people's president"

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
All I see here is nit picking. I see nit picking because there are no real issues yet to pick!

Give it a rest.

The title of the thread is 'Barack Obama Give Queen a IPOD' - and the posts have been quite relevant and on topic.

This thread is not about Obama's Political actions or his questionable past - so before you make statements like the one I will soon quote, please re-read the title of the thread and review the premise laid out in the OP:

'All I see here is nit picking. I see nit picking because there are no real issues yet to pick!'

(There are plenty of thread on ATS where you can find "real issues" being discussed - this thread is about 'Barack Obama gifting the queen an IPOD')

Cheers Friend!

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Be under no doubt - A presidential aide would have contacted the office of the Queen's secretary to ask for suitable and appropriate suggestions for a gift. It is hardly a case of Obama strolling around Walmart and picking something from the shelf.

link   
Just my opinion here, but I don't think this was an 'unclassy' gift. Not in the least.

He clearly put some thought into it, as the iPod is full of pictures and videos of the Queen's visit to the United States. A memento for her from her trip there is 'unclassy' ??

Please, someone explain this one to me... Or are you all just looking for something to get mad about?

This is Funking Lame, guys.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

link   

As far as gifts Obama is dang if you do and dang if you don't. If he gives her a cheap gift he is criticized and if he gives her an expensive gift he is criticized. He loses both ways.

Personally, the less he gives her the better. I would have just given her a hug during these economic times.

Just curious.

Something personal that has no intrinsic value, for example videos, pictures etc of a visit/holiday etc. Oh look that's exactly what he did do. What a clever president !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

Sorry but isn't this a bit mundane and irrelevant to be posting in ATS?

I mean it's like a silly gift for gods sakes.

If he was passing her a set of corgi figurines shaped like a pyramid or something approaching a conspiratorial mindset ok.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
All the critics here are from royal families so zhey know what are "classy" gifts. They have been on hundreds of royal birthday parties so poor Obama , what does he know...

All gifts you can give to the Queen of England are symbolic. They have used 50 % of world for centuries so only gift that the Queen doesn't think it's cheap is Alaska and you would be mad if Obama brings that in London as a gift.

What's the difference between Ipod WITH loads of Queens pictures and a picture of queen? only technological and egoistical- Obama's present represents new millenium hi-tech gadget with personal photos of queen (that was nice from him) - queens picture represents mhmh.... queens picture. - what an ego she have - here you go, put me on the wall and i'll show you class...
Real classy gift that picture is.. If only i had one - i would feel as a prince

And saying he's cheap...
I bet that a frame for picture that old monarch gave him was bought in Harrods on 60% discount.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This is irrelevant. That is what they want you to talk about and think about. Come on people get real. The gifts Obama gave and what they had for dinner. MSM is only talking about this crap, not the real issues.

DeLarge

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I dont think it realy matters. I think the queen is irrelevant in todays world anyway...

Remember the lyrics from the sex pistols...

"God save the queen, she aint no human being"

lol

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

As far as gifts Obama is dang if you do and dang if you don't. If he gives her a cheap gift he is criticized and if he gives her an expensive gift he is criticized. He loses both ways.

Personally, the less he gives her the better. I would have just given her a hug during these economic times.

Just curious.

I totally disagree with that. Obama has yet to give anyone an expensive gift, so we have no idea whether or not he'd be criticized for it. The gifts are supposed to have important symbolic meaning (see Brown's gift to Obama), not something you give your kid for his/her birthday.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Did he really upload his speeches on it?

according to Drudge

Uploaded onto the iPod:

* Photos from President Obama's Inauguration
* Audio of then-state senator Obama's speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and
* Audio of President Obama 2009 Inauguration Address

Apparently so, The story came from ABC news reporter Jake Tapper.

Who wouldn't want to sit and listen to Obama's ramblings for couple of hours
The ultimate gift of arrogance....

blogs.abcnews.com...

There is one gleaming upside to the Ipod gift. All data can be deleted with the stroke of a finger!!!! Perhaps she can regift it to one of the grandchildren.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

About this - are you retarded or do you just IGNORE the other stuff that doesn't fit!?!?!?
(I have a autistic cousin who I love dearly so don't come at me with PC-nonsense straight away - read my response in full before you do!!)

In addition, the Obamas gave the queen a rare book of music signed by U.S. composer Richard Rogers.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but

1) It was an iPod Touch (how old is her iPod anyway?!?!?!?!?!?) and

2) They put thought into it with pre-loaded music.

3) The signed gift I would say is a very classy touch, and doesn't cost that much

4) I wonder what a venomous soul (presumably) like YOU would say if had been extravagant or somehow lavish ---- "OH RABBLE RABBLE, BETTRE NOT BE TAXPAYER FUNDED RABBLE RABBLE...."

Finally, I ask - do you know what class is?? Do you? Do you really?

I ask because you seem to have overlooked the blatantly classy remark from our beloved Prince Phillip, who asked your president, upon learning of his meeting with the Chinese and Russians dignitaries...
"Could you tell the difference between them?"

Obama did the classy thing and declined to respond...funny that, given you're wise remarks above.....hmmmmm

(To my earlier question - the answer is NO. Clearly.
)

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It seems to me that whoever is in charge of diplomatic protocol is either sleeping on the job or being ignored. While I would love to have an ipod and would swoon if one was given to me, for the queen it seems a strange gift. I just cannot believe that he is that much of a bumpkin to give the PM DVD's and the queen an ipod!

I just don't get how these things that could so easily be done more appropriately could be so overlooked.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join