It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hipocracy of the G20 summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So I was sitting watching the live news this morning of Obama leaving the American embassy to travel to Doowning street to have breakfast with the prime minister, and a couple of things hit me.

The main discussions to take place, (apparently) are.....

the war in Iraq and Afghanistan...
the global financial crisis...
and global climate change...

So what do I see....

the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.....Scottish troops just left this week for Afghanistan, if we are really trying to end these wars why are we still sending our guys an girls to fight an illegal, unwinable fight?????/

the global financial crisis...One man, Obama, 10 cars filled with security officers, police at the side of the road all the way to downing street, roads blocked, city workers told to stay home, millions lost in the workplace and in security, I guess the crunch only goes so far up the ladder..

global climate change...10 cars to take Obama, and whilst they were inside having breakfast these cars were sitting outside with the engines running polluting the air, because apparently theres so much electronics in them if you turn the engine off the batteries run dry very quick....

not to mention that you or me can actually be charged if sitting in a car with the engine running..

Now I'm not digging out Obame here as I actually quite like the guy, so multiply all the above by the 20 world leaders and it kinda defeats the purpose ..... no??????

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The thing i do not get, is why they do not hold this g20 on some desert island they won, then there would be no protesters.

It would not cost as much to fly them out there.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
They would probably get more work done that way as well, it's my understanding that for the 3/4 days that most are here they are only going to get together to talk for a few hours on thusday..

they're supposed to be here to sort this mess we call society out, and what are they doing tonight? having dinner with the queen, cooked by jamie oliver....

And another thing...a lot of the news reports area about what the wives are wearing.....arggg hhhhh........its all just a puppet show...

join